Dynadot

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As I have been saying, BB is the only marketplace where you can make extraordinary returns for brandables.

•••
As I have been saying, BB is the only marketplace where you can make extraordinary returns for brandables.

Justin, maybe you've mentioned this somewhere. If so, please direct me there. What's been your experience? How many domains have you sold with them?

@Dnbolt, I'm all for what you do. I like knowing what's selling at BB. However, I do find it strange that while you are willing to share BB's sales, you're not willing to share your own. Don't you think that the community can benefit from your sales as well as BB's?

Last edited:
•••
There are multiple threads on NP where sellers have shared their BB success stories. Conversely, there are very few success stories re other marketplaces.

•••
There are multiple threads on NP where sellers have shared their BB success stories. Conversely, there are very few success stories re other marketplaces.

Believe me, I've read all the threads. I'm asking if you've personally sold any on BB yet.

•••
None yet for me - but BB is now my primary focus after reading all the success stories.

•••
None yet for me - but BB is now my primary focus after reading all the success stories.

I hear ya, but one thing I've learned from Mike Cyger is that what works for one person in domaining may not work for everyone - each person has to find his own path. Mike Krell has had significant success at BB (that's his path), but nobody else has been able to have as much success as he's had, even after he's revealed his strategy multiple times.

•••
I hear ya, but one thing I've learned from Mike Cyger is that what works for one person in domaining may not work for everyone - each person has to find his own path. Mike Krell has had significant success at BB (that's his path), but nobody else has been able to have as much success as he's had, even after he's revealed his strategy multiple times.

Working at said company doesn't hurt either ;)

•••
We all know what his strategy is. He is always buying more names with every sale he makes. That is how he has managed to build such a large portfolio.

Everyone can copy his model. How many other successful domainers are that transparent?

•••
Sales can happwn anytime. Recwntly I have seen names I added before a couplw of months to my watch list for hand regging have been taken by someone else and two of them are in June sales...wow...

Now I slap myself for not regging lol

•••
MK might have had the most success on BB but MK is also carrying the highest investment risk. For starters, his BB portfolio requires him to fork out $70K+ per year on renewals. How much more has he paid for his 5K+ domains?

Lots of people think that his success is due to his position at BB....but he has and continues to invest tens of thousands of dollars into his portfolio.

•••
MK might have had the most success on BB but MK is also carrying the highest investment risk. For starters, his BB portfolio requires him to fork out $70K+ per year on renewals. How much more has he paid for his 5K+ domains?

Lots of people think that his success is due to his position at BB....but he has and continues to invest tens of thousands of dollars into his portfolio.

Not that I want a back and forth here because Krell wasn't my point, rather an example; neither is he the point of this thread. However, when asked, Krell did agree that he is making mid $xxx,xxx per yr at BB. It's not his position that's making him successful; he knows how to pick 'em. And concerning the domains, he's picking them up on the drop. I remember him saying on a thread that he doesn't pick up too many names above $100.

•••
Justin, maybe you've mentioned this somewhere. If so, please direct me there. What's been your experience? How many domains have you sold with them?

@Dnbolt, I'm all for what you do. I like knowing what's selling at BB. However, I do find it strange that while you are willing to share BB's sales, you're not willing to share your own. Don't you think that the community can benefit from your sales as well as BB's?

You have a point, you are 100% correct that I should highlight my sales since I am highlighting others... But the thing is I am already providing as much information as I can and comment on things that are remarkable.

Last edited:
•••
You have a point, you are 100% correct that I should highlight my sales since I am highlighting others... But the thing is I provide as much information as I can and comment on things that are remarkable.

I am not sure how you define remarkable; a sale is a sale in my opinion. If you buy lower and sell higher, you've done a remarkable job in my book.

Have you seen this thread? https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-444

People report all kinds of sales, big and small, no matter the size of the profit.

If you sell a BB reject (or any domain as a matter of fact) for $700, I think people will benefit from knowing your process.

•••
If you sell a BB reject (or any domain as a matter of fact) for $700, I think people will benefit from knowing your process.

Assuming it is true.

•••
I am not sure how you define remarkable; a sale is a sale in my opinion. If you buy lower and sell higher, you've done a remarkable job in my book.

Have you seen this thread? https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-444

People report all kinds of sales, big and small, no matter the size of the profit.

Yep, I agree with you.. I have seen that thread before. But not all mentions the exact domain.

About my method, I simply analyse data from:
900K+ start up names
400K+ sold domains
2.4K+ bb sold domains
0.7K + br sold domains
etc

Now, when you have all this data you can create what I call DID(Data intelligence Dashboard) which shows you very important and interesting metrics based on a field of domaining.

Everybody analyse differently and I have shared some methods of analysis that I use in the beginning of the thread which some agrees and disagrees with...

Last edited:
•••
I think you might be setting yourself up for some disappointment...

•••
For someone that has 900 BB domains (and still buying BB domains) you're definitely not practicing what you are preaching.

•••
Any open market which produces extraordinary returns will see the entry of new actors looking to soak up whose extraordinary profits, until such time as the returns revert to the ordinary. In some cases that reversion leads to reduced or negative returns for a while ("reversion overshoot").
For someone that has 900 BB domains (and still buying BB domains) you're definitely not practicing what you are preaching.
I buy names I think have a reasonable chance to become future brands, whether sold on BB or not. My focus is on adding new sales channels and becoming less reliant on BB for my brandable sales.

As someone who does have 900 names listed I have some insights that not all sellers have access to. I've said it many times that I think many newcomers do not understand the true economics of selling on BB, and indeed those economics have changed significantly in recent months. It's clear to everyone that absolute sales have increased, but this has been due to the rapidly increased inventory, AND comes at the expense of sales rate. Basically the ROI from BB has fallen, and right now I don't see how this will change in the short term. That's just my opinion, but I think the data available from threads like this back up my POV.

•••
:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin: EPIC!

•••

He will find out soon, when he wastes all his money on his BB profile (he seems to love BB, even though he has not sold even one name).

Maybe he thinks he is MK and will get all the special treatment.

•••
Yep, I agree with you.. I have seen that thread before. But not all mentions the exact domain.

About my method, I simply analyse data from:
900K+ start up names
400K+ sold domains
2.4K+ bb sold domains
0.7K + br sold domains
etc

Now, when you have all this data you can create what I call DID(Data intelligence Dashboard) which shows you very important and interesting metrics based on a field of domaining.

Everybody analyse differently and I have shared some methods of analysis that I use in the beginning of the thread which some agrees and disagrees with...

It is not necessary to mention how much you sold it for but you can easily mention the name and show us , otherwise I dont see any difference between what you are doing and what you claim BB is doing.

•••
It is not necessary to mention how much you sold it for but you can easily mention the name and show us , otherwise I dont see any difference between what you are doing and what you claim BB is doing.

Okay you win...

•••
Any open market which produces extraordinary returns will see the entry of new actors looking to soak up whose extraordinary profits, until such time as the returns revert to the ordinary. In some cases that reversion leads to reduced or negative returns for a while ("reversion overshoot").

I buy names I think have a reasonable chance to become future brands, whether sold on BB or not. My focus is on adding new sales channels and becoming less reliant on BB for my brandable sales.

As someone who does have 900 names listed I have some insights that not all sellers have access to. I've said it many times that I think many newcomers do not understand the true economics of selling on BB, and indeed those economics have changed significantly in recent months. It's clear to everyone that absolute sales have increased, but this has been due to the rapidly increased inventory, AND comes at the expense of sales rate. Basically the ROI from BB has fallen, and right now I don't see how this will change in the short term. That's just my opinion, but I think the data available from threads like this back up my POV.
He will find out soon, when he wastes all his money on his BB profile (he seems to love BB, even though he has not sold even one name).

Maybe he thinks he is MK and will get all the special treatment.
What makes you think MK gets special treatment?

•••
Okay you win...
I'm looking forward to seeing you posting your sales as I would expect you would be outperforming the rest of us with all the research you've been doing.

You promised this before and didn't deliver...
Hi DNbolt,
You said "My name could be found on my blog." but I don't see your name on your blog. It's not on the about page of your website. Can you provide a URL or tell me where I can find it?
Since you are publishing my sold names on your website can you please publish here or on your website your BB sold names?
You do not provide any contact info on the Contact page of your website only a link to your NamePros profile.
Lastly, your website is under privacy protection. I find this odd for someone who feels they are not doing anything wrong and who says they are fighting for freedom of information.
Can you provide the above information for me please? Just for educational purposes?
Thank you very much,

Keith

I will address all your questions in due course bear with me. I will make update to address most if not all of your questions.

•••
@Justin Matmor, here's the thing. You had me fooled. You've been singing BB's praises for months. So much so that I thought you were a successful seller there. If you 'swear by' something that hasn't even benefitted you, then your swearing by it isn't valid. Think about laying low with singing BB's praises until after you sell. Right now your actions are misleading, especially to newbies

@Brandworthy, you obviously have experience at BB (good and bad). I would love to hear more if you don't mind sharing. Personally, I have been thinking about building my BB portfolio so I would love to know the good and the bad.

@Dnbolt, I benefit from your service but please do not make promises if you do not plan to follow through. It makes you look untrustworthy. You are studying the sales as we should all do. I think that's awesome.
Nobody is asking you to share every single sale you ever had, but sharing every now and then might go a long way in building trusting partnerships

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back