IT.COM

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Highest sale this month on bb => forebrain(.)com for $9,965 both facebook and twitter handles have been taken. The facebook page has already been used actively.

Other Brandbucket sold domains that contains brain are

brainiaq(.)com
braineo(.)com @ $3,195

Last edited:
•••
To some extent, I definitely agree with what you're proposing.

Though, from my view, somebody who looked into the domains being added, I high.LY doubt any preferential treatment was involved. If the domain owner(s) choose to identify themselves, then I'd welcome their input.

Why hasn't Nyc .ly been registered before? In @michaeljkrell defense, he gave me tip over a year ago when I was a newcomer. I noticed Show attachment 31712had dropped, though a previous company used Show attachment 31713 on their twitter. I really didn't want to spend $XX on a .ly if I didn't have to. I asked @michaeljkrell for his suggestion, and he said for a domain like that, the .com was all that was necessary. BB feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this was during the vote for FREE listing fee days.

Really don't care about .ly names at all, don't see them as comparable to keyword+ly.com names, wouldn't do a hand-reg even on a "valuable" .ly. Reasons:

1. Libya (unsafe, unrelated to 99.9% of global economy)
2. expensive renewals.
3. unreliable (tied to point 1, but also shown in practice)
4. Even the biggest known .ly user who started the craze, no_url_shorteners, prefers to forward .ly to no_url_shorteners

Another thing that BB does that makes zero sense, but has a perception of something valuable. Has anyone wondered why BB is behind .ly, .me, but would ignore .is, .al, .rs, .to etc. that makes at least as nice hacks?

Oh, I know the answer. Linguisticist experts...

I want to agree with what you're saying @Recons.Com but I'm not experienced enough in keyword ccTLD hacks.

@Dnbolt recently reported BB selling a few .ly domains...
upload_2016-5-30_15-48-31.png

@Recons.Com - care to breakdown these sales? Why not the .com? Did the .com owner buy .ly? Is the buyer domain hack buyer? Perhaps it's the owner of something cool and FREE like VVatch.tv ...

Last edited:
•••
I want to agree with what you're saying @Recons.Com but I'm not experienced enough in keyword ccTLD hacks. @Dnbolt has even reported BB selling a few...
Show attachment 31717

@Recons.Com - care to breakdown these sales? Why not the .com? Did the .com owner buy .ly? Is the buyer domain hack buyer? Perhaps it's the owner of something cool like vvatch.tv ...

You see, BB has certain branding power. It is not a kingmaker, but could be, let's say, junior knight maker or something...

It has, probably/possibly, some VCs, serial entrepreneurs, former clients, website visitors that are asking for advice or simply have heard of BB and think it is good idea to choose from there.

So they saw t*.ly or y*.ly there and went for it. None of them are under use, btw, still BB pages on them.

Buyers either had change of heart or can't bring themselves around to like the name enough to launch on it or something else. But even businesses that start with those names are setting themselves against many problems, including confusion, explanation to do every time (why dot is there, why not dot com, what is ly anyway, what country it stands for, why not Iran then? Oh, Iran is not available? Ok...) and wish they would have gone with a good .com and probably eventually will have to face costs of rebranding, all because they saw king naked but trusted the crowd that king did have clothes on indeed...

•••
Did Michael Krell sale 19 domains for May 2016? I have attached a table of his sold domains for further investigation. Because if true need to found out why it is true.

And perhaps I should also attach his previous month sale for investigation too.

Last edited:
•••
Image update on bbsales at Dnbolt are bit slow and costs me, considering if to switch back to text format. Here are further Junes sales discovered.

qubbo(.)com
sentryshield(.)com
creatorr(.)com
accelcapital(.)com
ugru(.)com
apqu(.)com
medforge(.)com
secureedge(.)com
masterfund(.)com
vroxy(.)com
qmos(.)com
shareably(.)com
caretap(.)com
rightz(.)com
avonto(.)com
clickreach(.)com
launchgrove(.)com
operationslab(.)com
fusemap(.)com
lendity(.)com
jetse(.)com

•••
Shareably.com is a quick flip, I recall been a bidder on that one.

Namebio.com:
shareably.com 320 USD 2016-03-01 GoDaddy

•••
•••
Image update on bbsales at Dnbolt are bit slow and costs me, considering if to switch back to text format. Here are further Junes sales discovered.

qubbo(.)com
sentryshield(.)com
creatorr(.)com
accelcapital(.)com
ugru(.)com
apqu(.)com
medforge(.)com
secureedge(.)com
masterfund(.)com
vroxy(.)com
qmos(.)com
shareably(.)com
caretap(.)com
rightz(.)com
avonto(.)com
clickreach(.)com
launchgrove(.)com
operationslab(.)com
fusemap(.)com
lendity(.)com
jetse(.)com

Thanks for the list...

Only qubbo would be a true made-up.

Avonto could be considered a true made-up if you don't count that Avon is the name of three rivers in England so has a feel of a word for many (also a name).

Excluding 4Ls (they are in the category of their own) the conclusion that they sell less compared to the inventory %.

•••
Only qubbo would be a true made-up.

Congrats bb on this CVAVV sale! I like the domain, and would argue, that the buyer found it via bb's internal search somehow...

Despite only having 11 tags, bb found a buyer for this CVAAV / unique concept logo.

upload_2016-6-8_15-21-23.png

Are possible uses searchable?

Last edited:
•••

qubbo(.)com
sentryshield(.)com
creatorr(.)com
accelcapital(.)com
ugru(.)com
apqu(.)com
medforge(.)com
secureedge(.)com
masterfund(.)com
vroxy(.)com
qmos(.)com
shareably(.)com
caretap(.)com
rightz(.)com
avonto(.)com
clickreach(.)com
launchgrove(.)com
operationslab(.)com
fusemap(.)com
lendity(.)com
jetse(.)com

That is great. Avonto is mine :)

Great job.

•••
Congrats @Abdullah Abdullah !

I appreciate the people who question @Dnbolt and keep them accountable. Though, personally, I chat question @Dnbolt enough privately to not question their data publicly. All the fuss about it on the BB experience thread has been quite annoying. If something isn't accurate, PM @Dnbolt. They've been happy to answer any of my questions.

@Abdullah Abdullah - can you add anything to that sale? It appears to be a hand reg from March 25th.

New Owner: Ryan J Peterson
Current Company Involvement:
Toptal, Good Burrito Co., Serenty Software, Venzee

Thanks man. It was a hand reg.I watched it for sometime and saw it is never taken then ne late night I said what the heck reg it and see how it goes.

•••
Thanks man. It was a hand reg.I watched it for sometime and saw it is never taken then ne late night I said what the heck reg it and see how it goes.

Congrats, I think I saw that name when applying some filters on deleting names but not so sure exactly. Anyway It sounds familiar and scores really high.

•••
Thanks again to Abdullah for telling me about this thread today.

Interesting that Avonto was a software company 5 years ago and again was bought by a software company this time around. Curious to see if it will be the name for another software company.

•••
Congrats bb on this CVAVV sale! I like the domain, and would argue, that the buyer found it via bb's internal search somehow...

Despite only having 11 tags, bb found a buyer for this CVAAV / unique concept logo.

49462_1300a694af27e87ca73fe65a11786e56.png

Are possible uses searchable?

Something to add to this sale.

IF I paid to list Qobbu on bb

upload_2016-6-8_16-47-37.png

upload_2016-6-8_16-44-32.png

THAN would the buyer of Qubbo have found Qobbu in bb's internal search via 'cube' search?

IF yes, than how? Qub = cube? 'Cube' is in the description. Yet, the tag is 'Cubes'. Are similar domains paired?

Does Qob = cube?

IF yes, then would the buyer be faced with the question Qubbo with a unique logo vs a CVAAV with a poor logo?

IF concept logo isn't a factor why offer the difference of $100 - $500 in quality

QUESTION What matters most? age? spelling? radio test? Search engine results ie ensure nothing bad ranks high on google that may bring a negative PR upon a new company trying to rank.

MORE DATA MORE FUN! @Dnbolt

Last edited:
•••
NOTE: Sharing others personal information is against NamePros Terms of Service.

My last post detailing the recent bb sale of @Abdullah Abdullah was deleted. I didn't save the post, so I don't know the exact detail that was against NP ToS. I ASSUME it was because I researched and included the buyers full name, and 4 other companies they were associated with.

@Abdullah Abdullah I apologize if I offended you by discussing your sale. I'm not suggesting you reported my post, simply apologizing because I violated a NP rule while discussing one of your sales.

Last edited:
•••
Possible uses are included in search, and I think recent changes also bubble up names with LIKE, so for example you would see names like "faab" when searching for "fab".

•••
Possible uses are included in search, and I think recent changes also bubble up names with LIKE, so for example you would see names like "faab" when searching for "fab".

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure you answered my question, but then again, I probably wasn't asking the right question.

I'm trying to understand the roles tags / description play in bb internal search. The disproportionate amount of tags lead me to believe the internal search could skew in favor of domains with appropriate, targeted, and/or possibly higher searched tags.

What makes domain (2) catchy and not domain (1) and (2) considered catchy in terms of tags?.

Example Search: within 10 most recently added

(1) QE = Q e v v y 11 tags > Catchy
(2) QE = Q e v v u 14 tags > Catchy
(3)
QA = Q a v v i 27 tags > Catchy

•••
•••
Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure you answered my question, but then again, I probably wasn't asking the right question.

I'm trying to understand the roles tags / description play in bb internal search. The disproportionate amount of tags lead me to believe the internal search could skew in favor of domains with appropriate, targeted, and/or possibly higher searched tags.

What makes domain (2) catchy and not domain (1) and (2) considered catchy in terms of tags?.

Example Search: within 10 most recently added

(1) QE = Q e v v y 11 tags > Catchy
(2) QE = Q e v v u 14 tags > Catchy
(3)
QA = Q a v v i 27 tags > Catchy

Some of the names on BB are missing tags you would consider obvious, and some contain tags that do not spring to mind. I think it probably depends on who is adding the tags.

The same thing with accepted names vs rejected, it seems some people have an easier time getting through. I have names rejected where very similar names are accepted. The frustration is that their is no consistency, and as we all know, consistency makes a business work for it's customers and suppliers. BB has none and is a waste of time for me in the current state.

On a plus side, at least they have humans doing the work rather than robots.

•••
Some of the names on BB are missing tags you would consider obvious, and some contain tags that do not spring to mind. I think it probably depends on who is adding the tags.

The same thing with accepted names vs rejected, it seems some people have an easier time getting through. I have names rejected where very similar names are accepted. The frustration is that their is no consistency, and as we all know, consistency makes a business work for it's customers and suppliers. BB has none and is a waste of time for me in the current state.

On a plus side, at least they have humans doing the work rather than robots.
Robots would do a better job. Not knocking BB employees but if you run a name through thesaurus based software and let the software choose the words and tell you what words match to that exact name then all you have to do is go back through that list and remove what you think doesn't need to be there.

To have an employee randomly choose what they think belongs is not only time consuming but obviously not exact.

•••

qubbo(.)com
sentryshield(.)com
creatorr(.)com
accelcapital(.)com
ugru(.)com
apqu(.)com
medforge(.)com
secureedge(.)com
masterfund(.)com
vroxy(.)com
qmos(.)com
shareably(.)com
caretap(.)com
rightz(.)com
avonto(.)com
clickreach(.)com
launchgrove(.)com
operationslab(.)com
fusemap(.)com
lendity(.)com
jetse(.)com

Jetse is mine. I received an email this morning that it sold.

•••
Jetse is mine. I received an email this morning that it sold.

Congrats, Doron another master in brandables... Actually I learn tons of stuff from your blog ;)

•••
Congrats, Doron another master in brandables... Actually I learn tons of stuff from your blog ;)

I wouldn't call myself that but thanks for reading the blog!

•••
I still believe bb is a great marketplace for selling brandable name.
Here is a name that I had on my list available name since 2015, recently sold this month. not my sales.

score/ful
nutri/fox

I truly believe without bb those name couldn't sold for a great price. with that said you just need to be more patience and be positive.

•••
The second name has a facebook page (not in .com). It will be interesting to see if the purchaser is that page or unrelated. Either way, great sales, congrats! I've got a few nutri names that I've thought about listing too, might just do it now!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back