NameSilo

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It says BLUE ANGEL DOMAINS LLC can't figured out which drop catching service was used it's now currently parked at sedo.

Interesting. I've ran into several registrars I'm not familiar with catching domains. I don't have an explanation.

•••
Interesting. I've ran into several registrars I'm not familiar with catching domains. I don't have an explanation.
Right okay.

•••
Right okay.

Back to the topic of this thread. How often will you add new domains to analyze? Is it open for all of us to follow DNBolt.com and share our thoughts of some of the reported sales?

•••
Back to the topic of this thread. How often will you add new domains to analyze? Is it open for all of us to follow DNBolt.com and share our thoughts of some of the reported sales?

As often as I can depending if the information is actually found useful.
Didn't understand this question well => ** Is it open for all of us to follow DNBolt.com and share our thoughts of some of the reported sales?** Please elaborate?

•••
Didn't understand this question well => ** Is it open for all of us to follow DNBolt.com and share our thoughts of some of the reported sales?** Please elaborate?

I check DNBolt and NameBio weekly so I can be aware of sales trends.

If we see a domain that sells, can we take it upon ourselves to breakdown the sale to the best of our ability?

Or, would you like to reserve this thread for your detailed breakdowns?

Last edited:
•••
I check DNBolt and NameBio weekly so I can be aware of sales trends.

If I see a domain that sells, can I take it upon myself to breakdown the sale to the best of my ability?

Or, would you like to reserve this thread for your detailed breakdowns?

Sure you could break down the sales to the best of your ability or anyone interested. :)

•••
I made some more analysis from sold domains and saw that the are some names on brandbucket that would are very difficult to be sold even in the next 4 years and if I owned them I personally would drop them.

example of my findings from sold list

XXX - 0 contained in sold list
XXX- 40 contained in sold list
XXX- 13 contained in sold list
XXX - 2 contained in sold list
etc..... from over 2K sold names

Does this stats show anything valuable or do you think it should be ignored? @Grilled do you have answer
what do you guys think?

Last edited:
•••
XXX - 0 contained in sold list
XXX- 40 contained in sold list
XXX- 13 contained in sold list
XXX - 2 contained in sold list

That's too suspect to say, we need much more data then little exerts. Since brandables are very subjective, we need all data to ensure accuracy. I'll reach out to a skilled programmer buddy, and see if he'll write up a few things for us to further our data breakdowns...

•••
That's too suspect to say, we need much more data then little exerts. Since brandables are very subjective, we need all data to ensure accuracy. I'll reach out to a skilled programmer buddy, and see if he'll write up a few things for us to further our data breakdowns...

If you add this intelligence together with the fact of knowing popular beginning and ending letter one can make a better move before investing.

•••
popular beginning and ending letter

Bingo! But like always, filter data by 3 sets: (1) All, (2) Keyword, (3) Made Up

•••
This thread is really cool!
@Dnbolt you just found a new reader of your websites.
It is nice to hear a debate on how to look for brandables

•••
This thread is really cool!
@Dnbolt you just found a new reader of your websites.
It is nice to hear a debate on how to look for brandables

Thanks, I will provide more useful data but some prefer just keyword break down....

Example if I just update keyword from the sale of tripjet/.com on brandbucket then a trival break down would just be trip +jet and I will be limited to just these trends but using my break down I easily pulled out greentrim/.com from delete list from just knowing about tripjet. You know how this was done?

=>what is greentrim

Last edited:
•••
I don't think you can compare *t*r*i*p*j*e*t* with *g*r*e*e*n*t*r*i*m*. Entirely different name types IMO.

The other thing to mention is that payments do sometimes fail. That's why I'm still waiting for confirmation that *t*r*i*p*j*e*t* actually sold.

•••
You know how this was done?

No idea. You bring a new look to domaining from the data science perspective. We all can learn a lot from each other. Who is correct? Maybe a little is correct for all worlds, who knows. There are still many untested domain studies to be conducted. If our experiments fail, fail, fail, fail, win. Then the study is a success and we can move onto a new study with a deviation of data.

IMO, This is a less expensive way to learn what's selling rather than regging a bunch of domains that BB accepts, and paying $1,000+ in listing fee's after paying $1,000+ dollars for those domains, You'll need at least 2 of those domains to sell in the first year before you make your money back and have to start paying renewals. With proper data, the assumption is we will have better BB domains with higher sell chances. Anybody can reg a bunch of domains and BB will approve a percentage of them based on approval levels alone. More data = level playing field.

I don't think you can compare *t*r*i*p*j*e*t* with *g*r*e*e*n*t*r*i*m*. Entirely different name types IMO.

While you can't compare TJ to GT, we can still note the keywords from this data set: Trip, Green, Jet, Trim

We can use these keywords to identify other brandable domains such as:

GreenTrip - ecofriendly travel
TripGreen - ecofriendly travel that raises the question, color first, or color second? BB has plenty of exampes of taking both keyword variations.
GreenJet - ecofriendly product or servce with speed
JetGreen - I like this because it sounds like jet black, plus existing airline jet blue
TripTrim - Doesn't make much sense. Green is better keyword then trim, but together they work. I assume BB has sold more domains containing green then trim as per NameBio heavily suggests in their sales. This domain is registered though... lol
TrimTrip - A shorter trip. I short cut if you may. GD landing page.
JetTrim - Developed jet ski site - I'd like to study double middle letters such as TT. If one word ends with the same letter as the first letter of the second word study.
TrimJet - registered, not developed. A quick trim?
TrimGreen - registered, not developed. Makes sense, trim tree, decrease carbon footprint. A short 'Tr' word + Green reminds me of TruGreen. Color second or first could be looked into more to determine if color + verb, noun, adjective, etc work better than others.
JetTrip - A reverse form of sold domain that sounds like a quick trip with double middle TT

The hopes with a keyword tracking study like this, is to uncover a larger list of keywords that will help us uncover better brands.

The other thing to mention is that payments do sometimes fail. That's why I'm still waiting for confirmation that *t*r*i*p*j*e*t* actually sold.
This is true. Fingers crossed you get the good news email!

Last edited:
•••
No idea. You bring a new look to domaining from the data science perspective. We all can learn a lot from each other. Who is correct? Maybe a little is correct for all worlds, who knows. There are still many untested domain studies to be conducted. If our experiments fail, fail, fail, fail, win. Then the study is a success and we can move onto a new study with a deviation of data.

IMO, This is a less expensive way to learn what's selling rather than regging a bunch of domains that BB accepts, and paying $1,000+ in listing fee's after paying $1,000+ dollars for those domains, You'll need at least 2 of those domains to sell in the first year before you make your money back and have to start paying renewals. With proper data, the assumption is we will have better BB domains with higher sell chances. Anybody can reg a bunch of domains and BB will approve a percentage of them based on approval levels alone. More data = level playing field.

While you can't compare TJ to GT, we can still note the keywords from this data set: Trip, Green, Jet, Trim

We can use these keywords to identify other brandable domains such as:

GreenTrip - ecofriendly travel
TripGreen - ecofriendly travel that raises the question, color first, or color second? BB has plenty of exampes of taking both keyword variations.
GreenJet - ecofriendly product or servce with speed
JetGreen - I like this because it sounds like jet black, plus existing airline jet blue
TripTrim - Doesn't make much sense. Green is better keyword then trim, but together they work. I assume BB has sold more domains containing green then trim as per NameBio heavily suggests in their sales. This domain is registered though... lol
TrimTrip - A shorter trip. I short cut if you may. GD landing page.
JetTrim - Developed jet ski site - I'd like to study double middle letters such as TT. If one word ends with the same letter as the first letter of the second word study.
TrimJet - registered, not developed. A quick trim?
TrimGreen - registered, not developed. Makes sense, trim tree, decrease carbon footprint. A short 'Tr' word + Green reminds me of TruGreen. Color second or first could be looked into more to determine if color + verb, noun, adjective, etc work better than others.
JetTrip - A reverse form of sold domain that sounds like a quick trip with double middle TT

The hopes with a keyword tracking study like this, is to uncover a larger list of keywords that will help us uncover better brands.

This is true. Fingers crossed you get the good news email!

Or even Tripcoo => Search I wasn't fortunate to catch this :( How was this found? Using signals such as knowing about high sales in word ending with "oo" and knowing that lots of sales containing "tri".

Last edited:
•••
Or even Tripcoo => Search I wasn't fortunate to catch this :( How was this found? Using signals such as knowing about high sales in word ending with "oo" and knowing that lots of sales containing "tri".
You are so far off the beaten track, and it would be wise to find some basic newbie domaining books to help you start looking in the right direction. I mean this kindly, it will save you a lot of money in the long run. Just because a name sold yesterday, doesn't mean a similar name will sell today or tomorrow.

I can't believe I'm going to help you after you've refused to honour my wishes in the past, but I am. The attachment is from expireddomains.net, 10 letters or less .com domains dropping over the next few days. There are two names in that list that particularly stand out for more investigation to possibly buy and submit to brandbucket. Which two names do you think they are? (please disguise the names before posting them, they haven't dropped yet).

Attachments

• NP.JPG
    NP.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
•••
You are so far off the beaten track, and it would be wise to find some basic newbie domaining books to help you start looking in the right direction. I mean this kindly, it will save you a lot of money in the long run. Just because a name sold yesterday, doesn't mean a similar name will sell today or tomorrow.

I can't believe I'm going to help you after you've refused to honour my wishes in the past, but I am. The attachment is from expireddomains.net, 10 letters or less .com domains dropping over the next few days. There are two names in that list that particularly stand out for more investigation to possibly buy and submit to brandbucket. Which two names do you think they are? (please disguise the names before posting them, they haven't dropped yet).

JimJammy!!! Ahh, you're back! You are one of the best brandable domainers I know. You have taught me so much, and I am so glad to see you here willing to help.

In regards to my further involvement breaking down data with DNBolt, they are only willing to release the last three month of sales as they have spent lot's of time and resources aggregating this data. While I respect the decision, I am not happy with the message. Perhaps, this can spark a new debate about the type of data we wish published. Are we OK with a 3 month sample set, or do we want all the data? I was recently reminded that a company / domainer, still needs to keep some details private, in order to have a proprietary system that makes money. I welcome and appreciates anyone who chimes in, no matter if the decision is sample set, all, or none at all.

Last edited:
•••

It's your opinion, only sharing what works for me without necessarily using BB otherwise I wouldn't share. The is no right or wrong way but what matters is efficiency. Thanks for your offer still.

•••
It's your opinion, only sharing what works for me without necessarily using BB otherwise I wouldn't share. The is no right or wrong way but what matters is efficiency. Thanks for your offer still.
Fair enough.

Good luck.

•••
Fair enough.

Good luck.

And that particular domain I wanted which was caught by someone ins't just good for brandable in my prespective but a good one too for seo considering the fact about it's social signals on google.
And again, I am looking at the trends and not just the domain.

Last edited:
•••

is ok for you to share which are those 2 names?
I want to see if there are those I think..
thanksss

•••
You're missing the trees for the forest. Names with "trip" are very popular because the travel niche is one of the most vibrant on the web. By correlating "tri" with the sales you are definitely going to come up short. I'm not saying that "tri" isn't a good prefix, but you have to analyse beyond simple letters in most cases.

The other thing I'll say is that if I was starting again I would focus entirely on keyword domains. My portfolio is very invented-heavy, and the best sales rates and prices are almost always achieved with keyword domains.

Perhaps your analysis would be enhanced further if you started looking for trends in keywords used?

•••
is ok for you to share which are those 2 names?
I want to see if there are those I think..
thanksss
Sure, PMed you what they are and why :)

Last edited:
•••
6th from the top and 5th from the bottom?!

•••
You're missing the trees for the forest. Names with "trip" are very popular because the travel niche is one of the most vibrant on the web. By correlating "tri" with the sales you are definitely going to come up short. I'm not saying that "tri" isn't a good prefix, but you have to analyse beyond simple letters in most cases.

The other thing I'll say is that if I was starting again I would focus entirely on keyword domains. My portfolio is very invented-heavy, and the best sales rates and prices are almost always achieved with keyword domains.

Perhaps your analysis would be enhanced further if you started looking for trends in keywords used?
Trends in keyword are also used in determination but all factors are combined to determine the best suitable domain. E.g lets say we know the keyword "cloud" is high in demand that doesn't mean any keyword combination cloud would sell but if we look further into other stats that would help short list possible domain worth considering.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back