IT.COM

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Forgot to mention I have the guts of 200 accepted names in my admin, and quite a few of my names were accepted by brandbucket in the old days when the acceptance rate was in the teens.

But I'm always interested in learning more from others, so any feedback good or bad will be welcomed.
You have always had good names but the problem is you have a very large amount of 6 letter names that unfortunately don't have a keyword or partial keyword built into the name. When buyers come to search for a short domain that has no keyword to help it pop up within the search function then how in the world would an older name be found when many newer 6 letter names would be listed ahead of yours.

It's no fault of yours but a fault of the BB system. If sellers continue to buy invented names with no form of keyword or partial keyword built into the name then those sellers are just setting themselves up for failure because those names will never be found.

•••
I might be BB focussed because I invest with BB, but aren't you BB obssessed?

Not with BB specifically but with data. Always have an exit plan.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like another one of my ex names just sold at BB. Where's my time machine? :)

•••
The domain Buzzlike.com was purchased by a French company, WebRivage Group.

WebRivage is now the LEADER
in acquiring prospects and recruiting qualified leads.

The domain forwards to YesWePoll.com.

Last edited:
•••
I have just sold OPZO.com at $1,525 on Godaddy.

•••
Some sales this month,

tiny/mesh
m/o/n/t/l/y

And just going through escrow now:

hello/rookie
drive/let

Been a good month, a few smaller sales too, so all in all a great one.
Let's hope next month brings more.

Do not sell on BB anymore, I like to focus on my own business, seems to work for me.

•••
This is the dirty "secret" in the industry that I think most seasoned domainers understand, but a lot of people do not comprehend it because they have never really dealt with the flow of internet traffic before.

Your traffic on your domains is most definitely utilized by BB to sell any domain in their inventory that they can, not just yours. The combination of all the traffic from the redirected domains most probably makes up the majority of the traffic that any brandable marketplace receives.

The main point to understand is - yes you can "lose" some of your traffic to a sale of another domain - but this works both ways and you can gain a sale from anothers domain.

•••
Biteno.com looks to have sold $2,040.

•••
Image update on bbsales at Dnbolt are bit slow and costs me, considering if to switch back to text format. Here are further Junes sales discovered.

qubbo(.)com
sentryshield(.)com
creatorr(.)com
accelcapital(.)com
ugru(.)com
apqu(.)com
medforge(.)com
secureedge(.)com
masterfund(.)com
vroxy(.)com
qmos(.)com
shareably(.)com
caretap(.)com
rightz(.)com
avonto(.)com
clickreach(.)com
launchgrove(.)com
operationslab(.)com
fusemap(.)com
lendity(.)com
jetse(.)com

•••
Krell's prediction on 4L opportunities on May 2016 newsletter seems to look true.

Here was his prophecy: With the steep decline in the liquid value of certain 4L names over the last 4 months, now is a great time to pick up brandable 4Ls at wholesale prices and sell them onBrandBucket. CVCVs are keeping their premium value, but other pronounceable 4Ls can be picked up at reasonable costs and listed on our marketplace for 5x-20x your acquisition cost.

Prophecy outcome: Several 4L did sale and the most significant was the sale of oodi(.)com for $7,390 it was initially purchased on namepros for $495 => Link

There are more 4L brandables that can be obtained at liquidation cost

Last edited:
•••
Should these facts be taken more seriously when trying to scale up sales or ins't enough as it strictly depends on the domain?

As much as I'd like to believe it's all about the domain, I've found each enduser is different just as each broker is different.

I've had:
  • Web developers purchasing for their client via PayPal
  • GoDaddy domain buyer services contact me for domains regged at different registrars
  • SEO guys who optimize sites buyer mutiple domains at once via PayPal.
  • Customers refuse to purchase via Escrow.com or PayPal.com. These buyers insist on purchasing through GoDaddy, despite the added 20% I tacked on.
  • EndUsers who use different emails / names to get a better price. (I track IP's)
With that said, I think it helps to have your domains listed with a marketplace and or as many affiliate networks / registrars as possible. Whether it's your marketplace, or somebody else's, a checkout system being affiliated to an established company gives credibility to a already seemingly unregulated industry.

•••
As I have been saying, BB is the only marketplace where you can make extraordinary returns for brandables.

I'll just leave you with this list of brandable sales from last year:

http://dngeek.com/2015/12/top-100-brandable-domain-name-sales-for-2015/

Many more DomainNameSales.com sales are being reported in the next few weeks and you will see many brandables going for much higher prices than the average BrandBucket sales again.

As for Fondly.com - that's a premium brandable plus a dictionary word - $25k isn't a crazy price for that name. I would have priced it in that range if I was selling it.

•••
•••
techwhale(.)com + techtuna(.)com just sold on BB. I don't see how whale and tuna blends in with the keyword tech. Does anyone have any explanation for this?

It's not about blending, taking a keyword and adding an animal is a popular naming convention.

•••
I registered TechTuna and sold it on NameJet for $69 a few months ago. The buyer listed it on BB shortly after. I registered after it dropped because it had a nice ring to it. Obviously I regret now I sold it on NameJet but it's a nice flip for the buyer!

•••
rebel/fox??
both rebel and fox are well known trademarks.

it's a lost cause.

Justin there are plenty of websites that use the word Fox in them. 21st Century Fox does not have an exclusive to the word FOX.

DigitalFox.com
ClickFox.com
EasyFox.com
AppFox.com
TravelFox.com
FoxMail.com

Just to name a few.

•••
Must admit, to me it is funny that med\smarty was even accepted while my own name rebel\fox was rejected.

Perhaps my name is not techie enough, but anyhow, I like it.

Congrats to Keith on the sale.

Rebel\Fox is an excellent name, with ZERO trademarks.

•••
If rebel/fox was an excellent name it would not have been rejected by BB?

Even BR would reject this.

You are a lost cause.

People who refuse to learn are often the most annoying.

•••
What is second best after Brandbucket, is there any clear second place ? thanks
Brandroot and Namerific are the next two major players.

Brandroot has a joining fee of $499 and Namerific is currently taking 2 months + to create logos.

Brandbucket really is the only major player right now. ...Other than creating your own marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
Forgot to mention I have the guts of 200 accepted names in my admin, and quite a few of my names were accepted by brandbucket in the old days when the acceptance rate was in the teens.

But I'm always interested in learning more from others, so any feedback good or bad will be welcomed.

•••
6L made up 52% of invented sales vs 16% for 5L. That was surprising IMO.

invented4.gif

•••
Interesting... But in some countries queen are regarded as a stronger image.

Here in the US, it's common to see stores called Discount King, Bottle King (liquor), Mattress King, but I can't think of any _____ Queen stores off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few but far between.

Women will shop at a store called ____ King but men might get halted by an invisible force before they can cross the threshold of Discount Queen lol.

•••
Novanym sold jicket for about $9447 in today's conversion rate, how much would bb have sold this for?
Based on whois the email shows the buyer from AirPads.com which is a vacation rental site. Airpads.com was bought for $409 from Sedo based on the screenshot from 2014. Not the best name and possibly is upgrading to the much more brandable Jicket. Really nice sale. Simple two syllable name that is easy to remember since it looks and sounds like Ticket. Perfect name from an associational thinking perspective to be remembered as a vacation type site.

Kudos to them. It's nice to see an independent brandable site do well with their own sales.

http://www.screenshots.com/airpads.com/2014-02-20

•••
My mindset has changed recently. In the past my prices were high in brandables, but of late I've priced as general products harking back to my days in antiques and modern design where I would turn things over, or keep super nice things for a better price.

I like business this way, and I know many in the industry would slam me for selling so cheap, as they say it doesn't keep the market prices up, but I certainly don't worry about that.

I know I'm impatient in sales, and I don't have the liquid portfolio some have, so this is one of my methods. Here are just a few brandables I've sold recently in .com

Space Zebra
Shift First
Grid Curve
Bit Glo
Gig To
Vlogly

I can't recall all of the recent one's, but I'm selling to domainers and end users/clients, via my site and other marketplaces. Cheap, I mean $99 or under. Turn around, flip whatever, and move on to the next. ;) Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
I said that before and I say that again...there is NO VALUE in listing domains on a mktplace that has over 40K names on it. Domains are not showcased..they are buried.

There is NO VALUE in listing domains on a mktplace whose owners/employees etc have many names on...which names do you think will sell first?

There is NO VALUE in listing domains on a mktplace that has 5 to 10 variations of the same name..

Why do you guys think they want all names to point there? Think about that for a sec.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back