Dynadot

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He's also part of several marketing agencies. Marketing agencies frequently acquire domains for their clients. Maybe he is not the end-user of this domain.

And BrandBucket do not publish their sales. Why would they fake sales, when they try their best to prevent all of their sales from even being known?

•••
Brandroot is a small company, Radar has figured out the mentality of domainers. He doesn't want "The Handreg Domainer" or "The Newbie Fast Learner Domainer". No one does! These guys take up so much time and truly believe the marketplace can't manage without them, when in fact, the marketplace would be much better off without them. Brandroot has been brave enough to dump them, by charging a fee, they won't join.

You think BR imposed a fee so that newbie handreg domainers won't join the marketplace, only serious domainers who have high quality names acquired for $$$ would consider join BR. While I wish it was true and BR was a marketplace with all high quality names, but that's not the case.

Just see recently added names at BR, from 11 Recently added names, all 11 recently added names are handreg names where 10 names are owned by the owner Michael Radar and most of them being registered as recent as 29th August.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I believe these 11 are only few names, many are already added and many more probably coming. If I had 100 high quality names all acquired by spending high dollars I wouldn't pay $449 fees to compete my high quality names with some hand reg domains by site owner.

Yes BR was brave enough to dump the handreg domainers by charging a fee while the owner is flooding the marketplace with his handreg names registered last week. If he truly believed and truly wanted "The educated domainers who spent $$$ for his high quality names" he shouldn't be doing what he is doing. But he can because he is the owner and I can understand that.

•••
Just looping back to this - great analysis and some excellent advice, so thanks. I tend to agree, but further to this I think older names get buried, and while recent changes to search on BB are welcome I am yet to see any benefit personally.

On the made up 6Ls - I just saw an interesting reported Sedo sale of Vivado.com for €10K (~$12.5 USD). I wonder if that name would ever have achieved such a price on BB? I suspect it was simply a cornered buyer, but it's a nice example of getting a price that would be more or less inconceivable on BB. That's not a reflection on BB btw, but just an acknowledgement that they can only price with their target market in mind and sometimes cannot see the actual demand a name might have.
Vivado in Esperanto means To Live. It looks like it was bought by Adviqo/com and on their website it says "We empower people to take their lives into their own hands by offering guidance and helping them to develop their inner strength.“

They are probably building another brand and the Esperanto meaning makes sense for this company and definitely the reason it commanded the $12,500. There are so many great names with meanings that we would never even guess. Just for this reason I run every single name I find through a translator to see if there is another meaning that may help sell the name.

•••
I'd guess it was probably just a resell as mentioned above. This is very common.

BB is good for moving brandables, but there are always ones that could get a lot more than a BB appraisal if the seller had the right connections, or the intuition to list on their own with a higher price.

Some names BB can generate more than you would get otherwise, others you may be selling too low. This is where your own gut instincts need to come into play.

Either way it sounds like two people had a decent payday. And so long as seller #1 (from BB) doesn't find out about the second sale - They are both probably happy. If the BB seller finds out I am sure they may kick themselves a little - but it's part of this business. A name you sell today for $10/$100/$1000 may sell tomorrow for 1k/10k/100k. Hindsight is 20/20.

•••
•••
Today itself it is completing 2 months...The very moment it will be/is available for transfer ,it has been sold. Really happy nobody purchased it here...Got my first BB sale with this.....Yes it's mine... Really happy...

•••
Come on @Dnbolt we are missing the BB sales info. :)

1498094.png

Last edited:
•••
my past month sales with BB:

sitly
globee

•••
Vidizi.com looks to have sold $2,395 Regged in August 2016.

•••
It seems sifting through brandbucket removed domains list is a hassle, right?

Well there's about 3 layers of checks that dnbolt uses to verify/determine sold domains.

The second stage list is more cleaner and shorter and has an accuracy of about 70-80%

The third step requires some sort of handshake with BB to obtain a higher accuracy of about 95%+.

It is possible to make the second stage list available, if many are interested.

For the 4 people that expressed interest you can view list here

WARNING: The page can be taken down without any given notice but further temporary support might still be available to those that expressed interest. The list is only a filtered list of possible sales to further assist you with your own research!

Last edited:
•••
@Dnbolt
Your approach need adjustment. When there is a clear/probable reference to a dictionary word, you should not still group it with similar sounding non-word letter combo. StoryRocket is built around story and rocket and that is it! There is no "sto", no "ock" and no other fancy made up stuff there.

•••
We all know why this is...

Meanwhile stupid desperate domainers still use their platform and allow BB to feature their domains on other peoples listings.

This industry needs more people with cojones, instead of being lazy and sending their domains to BB for a fraction of profit - while they just make Krell and Margot richer.

Joe, I know where some of your thoughts are coming from and agree with you on certain things, but I don't think it is fair to call everyone that uses BrandBucket stupid. @Doron Vermaat @Keith DeBoer @JimJammy @Domainzy and plenty of other members here are not stupid or desperate.

Not everyone spends or can spend as much time on their portfolio. To be fair some people have no idea how to sell, to take the initiative and do outbound. BrandBucket is going to work for them.

Look I agree and have said for the last 3 years that 30% is too high of a commission along with getting exclusivity. I think there are some comprises that need to be made.

I just think stupid and desperate are over the top. BrandBucket has established itself as a venue for Brandable sales and some would rather them do everything.

•••
Joe, I know where some of your thoughts are coming from and agree with you on certain things, but I don't think it is fair to call everyone that uses BrandBucket stupid. @Doron Vermaat @Keith DeBoer @JimJammy @Domainzy and plenty of other members here are not stupid or desperate.

Not everyone spends or can spend as much time on their portfolio. To be fair some people have no idea how to sell, to take the initiative and do outbound. BrandBucket is going to work for them.

I agree, stupid might have been a little harsh, but to the point of @DomainVP , bb ignored our concerns when we, or atleast I, tried a civil QA approach by reporting my concerns privately.

Your example sellers:

@Doron Vermaat - this guy is a "master of brandables" the coFounder of Efty, an industry blogger, aka a professional seller and smarter than the average Joe. IMO, this is a connected member in the industry. The crem dela crem.

@Keith DeBoer - a former bb blog writer, and somebody who benefited a lot from building their portfolio when bb offered FREE listing fee's. They have a vested interest to ensure bb maintains a solid public perception in the eyes of resellers. I respect Keith more than others, because he tries to keep things respectful, though, sometimes I wish to see more critical thinking from Keith's posts.

@JimJammy - a calculated domainer. She is quick to respond to anything negative about bb, report posts, and anything else that will is better PR for bb. JJ would make a better ambassador than some of the current one's. However, she is quick to talk publicly about her sales, 500 domains, and 1.1 millions dollars of suggested bb value. Yet, she won't answer, publicly, how many of her 500 bb domains were listed without a $10 listing fee.

@Domainzy - is a 4L domainer / bb ambassador. He, like the managing director, seem one sided most of the times, and word things in such a privileged way that insults my intelligence. I thought ambassadors were supposed to be a bridge between marketplace and seller, so everybody can benefit equally. I think the ambassador program is a joke.

Look, if we're going to give examples, we need to question where the information is coming from. @Abdullah Abdullah subtly questioned that I was hired by br for PR purposes last month.. I'm not, though when I read it, I understood why he might have thought that, and expected others to follow in a similar line of questioning.

I owe @equity78 an apology, because at a time when my posts were being reported / deleted, he, a mod, had disliked one of my posts, that I didn't understand how it could have warranted a dislike. At first, I was very suspicious or everything he said, then over time, I learned my crusade for a better industry wouldn't have as much of an impact unless long time domain investors like @equity78 and others speak up, and join the discussion. The point being, some of my best domain friends today, started as forum 'enemies'. Debates can get heated on NP, but as long as we stay somewhat civil, heated debates can yield some impressive long lasting results and/or result in life long domainer connections.

Look I agree and have said for the last 3 years that 30% is too high of a commission along with getting exclusivity. I think there are some comprises that need to be made.

I just think stupid and desperate are over the top. BrandBucket has established itself as a venue for Brandable sales and some would rather them do everything.

Well said.

This industry needs more people with cojones, instead of being lazy and sending their domains to BB for a fraction of profit - while they just make Krell and Margot richer.

Also, well said.

•••
•••
Interesting, some names you actually let go has potentials..

Its easy to see the sales potential in a name after it sells :)

•••
RebelFox is a good name. There is a RebelFox Boutique, RebelFox Marketing, RebelFox Films....
Nail on the head right there!

Personally, this is one name I wouldn't have bothered to submit to BB. My strategy is to sell what I can myself and give BB the names I want to keep that don't have existing end users.

I'm sure you could sell RebelFox yourself for a good price. You just need a landing page with a BIN button on it (Efty? Namesilo? Your own website?), then contact the possible targets from your broker email address ;).

Good luck with it!

•••
you have 895 names and 1 sale

1 sale in last 3 months. 33 sales in total.

Thanks for all the studious analysis of my portfolio. I tend to agree that it only average or even below average, but there are 2 things I do know:

1. My names were good enough for bb to accept them, and
2. Good enough to rack up 33 sales.

I certainly wish my names were better, and I've learnt a lot since I started out in 2014.

How many sales have you guys had again?

•••
Seems this thread is going a bit offtopic. It's should be about brandable sales, not what names get approved or rejected by BB. There's a thread for that already.

•••
•••
I found about 3959 available domains to be registered from namebio sold data. Is this information useful to anybody? Will see if I can rank them based on past sold price.

Last edited:
•••
Speaking of 6L Voc- brandables, I sold Vocaso on Brandbucket in June.

•••
Profitpanda/com; schoolpanda/com; capitalpanda/com; will take action IF see 1-2 more panda sales...

About 4-5 additional panda sales on BB for past 2 years but not counting it.
Any good keyword with any popular animal is worth having. The better the keyword the least popular the animal can be. The least popular the keyword the better the animal has to be. Alliterations like ProfitPanda are gold. Personally I'm in the process of building another portfolio based solely on alliterations. If I'm going to have the carry cost of a ton of names I'd rather have names that look and sound good too. If an end user has a choice of four or five names that are of similar quality, I believe, they would choose the alliteration based solely on look and sound. I know I do when looking for a name for a project.

•••
•••
RebelFox is a good name. There is a RebelFox Boutique, RebelFox Marketing, RebelFox Films....

It could also be and edgy girls/womens clothing line and countless other things. BB rejected it because it's not a tech targeted name.

@Justin Matmor you are clueless. The only names you think are good are a keyword plus any random 3 letter suffix. Everybody and their mother can come up with those names and submit them to BB. Don't knock others because they are much more creative then you.

You are teaching? LOL :) :) :) That's the funniest shit on this thread!

•••
Too specific? What about Boost///Branding.com? You can't get more specific then this exact niche name. This isn't even the type of name they accept but it's owned by your fearless leader Krell so of course it gets accepted. It would have been a big reject from anyone else.

Wait til Justin sees this. You're in big trouble!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back