IT.COM

Bought a domain from Fabulous. Is what ensued normal?

NameSilo
Watch

tenmiler

Impact
I'm the owner of about a hundred domains, so I'd not consider myself a pro by any means in this community, but I'm hoping to get some advice on how to proceed. Hopefully this is appropriate to ask here!

1. A client of mine who bought a business that used to own a domain about 10 years ago or so and somehow lost it has decided she would like it back. It was for sale via fabulous domains for over $800.
  2. After being told to negotiate a price, the seller at Fabulous--which seems to not have anybody other than this one person and they don't answer their phone--decided to not negotiate. So I purchased the domain for the asking price as listed.
  3. In their FAQ, they state "when you purchase a domain, it is pushed into a domain account which you can control... you can change nameservers, whois, or after the initial clearing period, transfer to a new registrar"
  4. After confirmation and being charged on my AMEX, I wondered why the transaction had appeared in the panel they set up for me at fabulous.com, but the domain was nowhere to be found. The transaction was "waiting for approval from fabulous"
  5. Several emails to their support email, I got increasingly frustrated that nobody was resopnding. Nobody answers their phone (which is why Im pretty sure this operation is a one-man show), I got an email from them saying that they were waiting for their "risk management" team and their "accounting team" to clear the domain for release.
  6. I called the number on my AMEX charge, which was US-based, and it is eNom who the charge was associated with. They got the money. I called and an enom rep told me that "we bought them but have no control over them, you'll have to talk to them directly." When I said "but it is you who got the money" they responded they merely are a "platform" for the money part. That they are a reseller
  7. Finally hearing back after my attorney reached out to them, they said they have no estimate of time, and that we could cancel the transaction, and they're moving as fast as possible.

I have bought many domains. I have NEVER heard of this kind of delay (now six days later), and am worried that they will never actually give me full control of the domain. Is this normal? Is Fabulous merely selling this on behalf of someone and they're actually not the real owners?

The client of mine has a trademarked business name in the states, but is a small retail operation, not some big corporation, and I paid their asking price, and nowhere does it say there are delays like this. My client used to own the domain name, which seems like we could pursue it through other means, but it just seemed fair to pay the price and move on. My attorneys want to go after eNom since it's in the states via AMEX, whose rep mentioned they may be violating merchant agreements by being a front for a company willfully misleading their sales process and not delivering goods despite having funds. I'd rather just move on and wait, but I feel like we're not being given the whole story.

We can't reach anyone else at fabulous than the same person who responds infrequently.

Now we're looking for any help as to what we should do, if this is normal, if fabulous.com is a scam, or if we should just be patient or find a way to unmask the WHOIS of the domain behind fabulous.

Any assistance would be really helpful here!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello tenmiler,

Welcome to NamePros.

I moved this thread to Register Reviews.
I think you will get better response here.

Any members have a backdoor to Fab?

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
hmmm, sorry no responses yet.

You might try and DM
@Mike Robertson

He worked for them before, he might have a clue.

Good luck.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
I think what might be going on here is that the person had it listed with Fabulous but it may be registered somewhere else now.

The domain may have been sold already since listed with Fabulous and is in the hands of someone completely different.

Did you check the current whois?

If you want PM me the name and I will take a look.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back