BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Stu,

Trust me I am not trying to make things hard for you, I have no gain in that and am going to be releasing the inquiry tomorrow at least on your account to start with.

It's just that they were only created for the new templates, and I hoped to fully launch the new templates with a few issues that came in between.

Anyway, this morning we did launch the new templates. Not fully. They are optimizing with the old ones. So far the results have been positive.

It takes upto a week for it to fully optimize where results may be up and down. After a week, there should be absolutely no one that is making less than they did before. They should be either the same or more.

Also the NET 30 payments should have gone out last night.

If you do like what you see so far on new templates, feel free to bring in more domains as it is a good sign it'll stay or get better. :) If you are making the same or less, then wait a week and you should be back to normal or above what you've already been making once the system optimizes and the dust settles.

The more people bring in, the more everyone will make over time. I guarantee that.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

PS

People wanted to see what new templates look like, here are 3 of about 1500:

Sunglasses

Automotive

Support/Consulting

I will be posting more examples tonight.

•••
Hello,

Wow bodis is really improved alot since i joined them.. i just moved 140 domain back to bodis and i got one of my best clicks over 2 years in domain parking
and the revenue is incresed every day

impressed really nice job bodis keep it up

Thank you cfguru360

bodis.jpg

this domain name isnt that good also 1 vistor with 1 click hehe :\ also this is worst domain i have haha

Last edited:
•••
Net 30 is great news! :)
How about going for Net 15? ;)

•••
How'd you get out of the Parked thread? lol jk

No plans right now for NET 15. I think I'll keep it at the current payout rate for the time being, but one day it'll get better of coarse, I just have a few things on my priority list that I have to get to first.

Happy to hear someone is getting higher paying clicks. Hope it keeps up for you, zlm.

•••
Anyway, this morning we did launch the new templates. Not fully. They are optimizing with the old ones. So far the results have been positive.

It takes upto a week for it to fully optimize where results may be up and down.

Does this mean we'll all have the inquiry system in a week, when the templates are resolved/optimized?

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

The more people bring in, the more everyone will make over time. I guarantee that.

Hmmm . . . . Interesting. Can you explain it a little? Does it mean that current income generated all goes into some sort of pool and payouts are determined from some formula including the size of the pool? Or does it mean something like the more clicks generated the higher the payout agreement moves up the the upstream provider's payout ladder?

Or both...or neither?

Thanks

•••
keep up the hard work matt, my rpm has doubled yesterday and today another double so far.

avoid the noise and keep on what your doing matt.. yes a net 15 would be nice but that will come. i would rather see my rpm higher then other places then worry on a net 15 pay out at this time.

things are falling into place.. yes its been a long road some and things cant be all done all at once. i like what im seeing so far and im happy.

going be a fun year!

•••
How'd you get out of the Parked thread? lol jk

No plans right now for NET 15. I think I'll keep it at the current payout rate for the time being, but one day it'll get better of coarse, I just have a few things on my priority list that I have to get to first.

Happy to hear someone is getting higher paying clicks. Hope it keeps up for you, zlm.

I know...congrats on keeping Bodis competitive Matt! :)

•••
Thanks Matt. I apologize if i was a tad forceful in my last post. I see my domains are on the plain template. How to pick which template style for any domain? I don't see how to do this in the Control Panel. Although I personally only want 1 template style of the selection you showed earlier (first look) for all my domains. I still don't see any Contact Link, however? Or any copyright notice?

Last edited:
•••
Matt, thanks for your help. Repped.

Wow. The control panel is great. Very easy to navigate

What do I change the nameservers to? I will guess ns1.bodis.com. I couldn't find where it tells you how to point to Bodis. Edit: I think that was it :)

Thanks

Also, how do you change the template? and can you eliminate wrong keywords? Thanks

Last edited:
•••
bodis may still work for you guys - but my account saw a collaps in the past 4 days - only a fraction - YES A FRACTION - left from what once was a fair amount - every single time - there is suppose to be an improvement - i end up making half of the revenue i made before !!

STOP YOUR " IMPROVEMENTS "

•••
•••
I'm down also, but it really is too early to tell. I'd really like to be able to choose from among the template styles matt showed us earlier. 1 style for my whole portfolio would be good enough for me.

•••
It looks to me like Bodis is cycling through the different template styles. Each time I refresh the page, I see the next template style. I suspect, as Matt has alluded to, that the system has an algorithm that, over time, will choose the most effective template for each domain.

•••
I think you guys are overreacting just a bit. ;)

I checked all the accounts of the members that posted a drop, and only see wolfgang to be clearly down, and it's about 15%, and templates aren't even the issue. It's a tier 2 provider that isn't paying as much which is being used for domain names our primary upstream providers can't monetize. That's why it affected wolfgang so much because you have quite a few top earners that are permanently banned. This only started around 3 am of this morning and isn't really affect many other accounts simply because most people don't have as many banned domains in 1 account as you do. It sucks that these domains are banned, there is not much I can do about that. I already push it to the limits on my tier 2 providers.

Like I said, the old templates are still there, and are rotating. So if domains don't do good on new ones, it just goes back to old ones - which it has for many, and hasn't for the ones that do better.

Overall there was an increase when new ones launched. That doesn't mean that every user seen an increase, I am just looking at across-the-board numbers.

You'd see it depending on how much traffic you had and the types of domain names (origin of traffic, what type of product/service the domain is related to, etc) is all a factor of whether or not 1-click will work better or not.

There are also more templates coming up, adult and 2-click, but I will wait for these to finish optimizing on most domain names first.

I think you guys expected 200% increase. I wish. Over time, 10-15% would be a good number.

Regarding the inquiry, yes I am working on it still and will have it on old and new templates. The old ones will keep rotating until we completely replace them with better templates over time.

Not sure what else to post, but I do know for a fact that new templates shouldn't be a factor of any revenue drop. As Artful has stated, we optimize and choose the winner based purely on performance.

Like I said, if you want to be exclusively on old templates for time being, I can put you back on, but I doubt that would help. I would not recommend it. If you wait until the end of March, see a clear drop in RPM of the whole month of March compared to the month of February, then you guys have a case.

Last edited:
•••
this is BS - not only typos are doing much less also every single other domain name - and don't tell me EACH name in my account is a trademark - because this is a lie !

•••
I never said the word typo or trademark, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Most of your top earners are banned from the major upstream providers. Not only trademarks are banned, but P2P / warez as well. What do you want me to do about this? Like I said, what I get paid, is what I can give each user.

You are complaining as if you are getting so much more elsewhere. Is this true? I doubt it. I give you 100% of the earnings and I have already pushed each tier 2 provider to give us best earnings and best feed possible so it can't possible get any better with most other parking companies.

If you think the templates are the issue, I can put you back on the old, but the system already has already optimized for the majority of your domains so in this case you are already on optimal templates.

•••
fact is every single time you make improvement i end up making less - so yes please change it back to what it was - and maybe optimize the keywords because this is one important thing you have to guess on bodis - since there is no record of what people actually click you can not change the keywords to something that people maybe looking for.

i click landers do not and never have worked with 99 % of my domains and i am talking about years of parking 8000 domains and there is not more than a handful domains that actually make more.

i check also yesterday some domains and none of the links are even remotely what was on there before - it is like the system does not find the keywords anymore. but see for yourself ( if you want to bother )

•••
The keywords optimize by themselves, you just need to set a master keyword.

As far as your custom keywords, they haven't been changed. So if you set custom keywords, then hit "auto", then that would be the reason.

You are not on all 1-click landers. The system chooses by performance. Whatever, I'll switch you to 2-click just let me know when you decide to go back to the current setup.

•••
cfguru360 said:
f you wait until the end of March, see a clear drop in RPM of the whole month of March compared to the month of February, then you guys have a case.

I agree with this Matt.

cfguru360 said:
As Artful has stated, we optimize and choose the winner based purely on performance.

I think in my case the difference between the top two or three performers is going to be quite to very small. So I'd prefer the one best looking template for all. The best looking template should theoretically generate more sales. So if it is at all possible, I'd like to choose. That's my pipedream :)

•••
I'd really like to be able to choose from among the template styles matt showed us earlier. 1 style for my whole portfolio would be good enough for me.

This would be best but I do not think it is an option with the new system.

I m 40% down also.

I am up 50%. :)

fact is every single time you make improvement i end up making less

Ha! Bodis 1.0 was the best. Most money ever from a parking company. I see the new changes as an improvement.

Good job, Matt.

•••
Hmm, one other thing I changed in the process is custom titles. With our new upstream providers we actually are not able to use custom titles and only had some time before we made the switch. But from my A/B tests I didn't see much of a revenue difference between custom titles and no custom titles. Just forgot to mention this tid bit.

The only companies allowed to have custom titles is those that use second tier providers as their primary source of revenue, or those that use Yahoo. We don't use any of those for our primary, unless a domain name is banned by our primary.

That's why you will notice that some parking companies allow custom titles and others do not. All these contracts are very complex, especially to those not familiar with this. I'm still learning myself.

But that is not a reason for a revenue decline, just putting it out there and will have it removed from management.

The only thing that will remain for now is custom keywords.

Changing templates - that is a tough one since we want to really only focus on increasing revenue and our system can really quickly figure it out.

Like I said, if you think there's something wrong - I will enable you only on 2-click. I'll do that with wolfgang, although I do see domains in his portfolio that definitely do better on 1-click, so it's going to hurt him even more I would imagine.

And if you really want to be only on the new templates - well, yes I can give you that option too. Soon our old 2-click will be replaced with new 2-click templates as well. The old 2-click template will get phased out after I release more new templates. Right now the old 2-click does perform better on a lot of domain names so it remains untouched.

And it takes about 100 visitors per domain name for the templates to optimize right now. So many smaller users are seeing up and down numbers every day as the templates are still rotating for their smaller domains.

Last edited:
•••
I'd like to be only on the new 1-click templates. But I'd still like to choose which one :) I know I'm probably flogging a dead horse, Matt. But that's what I'd like.

•••
I'd like to be only on the new 1-click templates. But I'd still like to choose which one :) I know I'm probably flogging a dead horse, Matt. But that's what I'd like.

I'm probably in the same boat. My names don't generate enough traffic atm on a daily basis to be optimized properly by the behaviour of the visitors...lol. Sad but true.

I understand the idea behind the whole optimization process. It's all about working out what is best for each individual name. Even though I would like to be able to pick my templates, I think the changes are a step in the right direction.

•••
I have made tweaks to the optimization system. We'll see how it looks tomorrow night after a full 24 hours.

It should be better.

•••
You haven't set me on the 1-click landers for all my domains yet?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back