BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As of right now, the only place that really works for the inquiry link is the bottom right hand side, within the template content area. It is a bit better than the footer.

Another approach we can do is below the title, barely visible. Kind of like the Parked approach.

I am still experimenting with other positions. And if I or anyone else can figure out a different place to include the link without it being too visible to the point where it drops revenue, then I can give it a try.

Last edited:
•••
Matt. After you've sent the email are you still keeping any track of this conversation? If not, then I'd like to request something like Parked, where you can use either Bodis's or your own eMail template.

Are you using a Graphic or simply text for the For Sale link. This is why it would be good to see this as it would appear in the alternate positions on the landing page, so we could give our opinions before it's fixed in stone.

I hope you are planning to capture and send to the seller, the buyers IP address.

Last edited:
•••
The inquiries originating from the buyer would be stored in our database in case we want to give you an option to view it from your account page in the future.

One day hopefully it can be both email and account, so that members can manage inquiries from within their account page.

I have a graphic and a for sale link right now that I am experimenting with. The graphic is very neatly designed, but something just doesn't work right with it. So I think the text link is the way I'll end up launching and we'll change down the line if it is not sufficient enough.

You would get the buyer's IP address in the email along with all the information he/she entered in the inquiry.

I'll place it in all the positions and will get your opinion in the next day. Thanks.

•••
Hi Matt,

I registered for Bodis.com recently and i have to say that the first impression is very good. I am still in the first 2-3 days when the revenue displayed is estimated - from what i read in the previous messages on the thread, but if the final figures are in that ballpark, i am considering moving my entire portfolio to monetize it - currently just testing the water with domains having couple hundred uniques per day. I own a portfolio consisting exclusively of adult domains with over 150,000 uniques per month. I know it is small, but the fact that is niched makes it easy to monetize.

Now, some feedback (i know it is based exclusively on the adult niche, but it may help):

- the new one click landers you displayed before look good and i am sure they will increase at least the number of clicks. I think it would be useful to have the option to choose a colour theme for the template. The green/blue colors used for the ads text may work well for most of the niches, but for adult domains for instance the red/black colour theme usually yield better results. I guess having a little more room for customization would be useful.

-i think having more images to choose from -especially since the option of our own image is not available any more - would be a big plus. Currently there seems to be quite a low number of images to choose from, especially for adult domains where good images make quite a difference.

-the payout is still a net 45? that is a huge disadvantage in my opinion. I never sign up for companies having similar payout dates, but since i did not know this before, i got hooked nevertheless. I think improving this area is essential, especially in a business where certain parking companies seem to "vanish" and not pay their affiliates. I think it is both a trust factor and a cash flow problem. I do not know how many people would like the idea to come at beginning of February with a big portfolio, earn serious cash and then wait till the end of april to see if they get paid. I guess after a while the trust is established, but before that, there is quite a risk not to mention the cash flow.

Just my 2 cents, thanks.

•••
Good post! Thanks for the tips.

As far as adult goes, I do have a few domainers that have moved over their adult portfolios to Bodis. It is one of our strong points, and hopefully with new templates with many adult categories it will become an even stronger point.

There are plans to introduce exclusive adult templates in the future if these new templates work out well. So will keep you updated on the status of that.

The new templates use a much different photo system than what we have now. The categories for photos are split into adult and non-adult. There is over 1200 categories for non-adult, and around 100 categories for just the adult sector.

The payouts are currently NET 45. But am going to be look into the option today to reduce to NET 30. Hopefully it will be possible, but will have to double check to make sure.

Thanks for the advice and looking forward to your domain names!

Also, as far as estimates go, there are no estimates on our system. All revenue in the dashboard is final unless in the event of downtime or some sort of unexpected issue.

What I was saying about the estimate in an earlier post is that the first 1-2 days worth of revenue is across the board averages. Once we get data from our upstream provider, any revenue going forward would be based on the data. So the first 2 days is basically a number we come up with because we don't get the revenue data from the upstream providers in real time.

We don't go back and adjust revenue because it's more trouble than it's worth, especially with domainers that don't really understand the internals.

Last edited:
•••
Matt. We still are waiting to see your example of where the For Sale link appears on the landing page. What is left to do before you release the new templates?

•••
I really liked the design of the site, WIll certainly join the site eevn though I do not have any domain for selling or parking right now. Maybe if I want to buy a domain anytime in the future I will browse through it. By the way what does Bodis mean

•••
None of the appropriate custom images I tried for a newly added traffic domain are displaying on the landing page. All I see is white space with a red x. A great pity because the searches displayed for this particular domain are so much better than at Parked and therefore more likely to get clicks.

•••
It just takes upto a minute to get copied to all of our servers.

•••
•••
Welcome. :)

I didn't quite look at speeding it up because we are releasing new templates anyway that use predefined photos - so it won't be an issue once that is done.

•••
Welcome. :)

I didn't quite look at speeding it up because we are releasing new templates anyway that use predefined photos - so it won't be an issue once that is done.
Just me being impatient lol. The searches and the sponsored links generated really rock for this domain. I'll try a couple more later and see how they go :tu:

•••
I knew that payment is on a net 45 basis.
So when will I receive the payment of December earnings through Paypal?
thx

•••
I believe payment is net 45-60 so you will receive December by the end of the month.
Although the terms are a little long they've consistantly paid. :$:

•••
Matt.Just in case you've forgotten. I'm still waiting to see a mockup of how the new lander is going to look with the contact page link.

•••
Matt.Just in case you've forgotten. I'm still waiting to see a mockup of how the new lander is going to look with the contact page link.
Ae you still waiting for this?

•••
I have not shown stub or anyone else just yet, but will. But we are testing the templates now on some internal accounts and am looking to test it on a few third party user accounts before launching them. So I'll be getting in touch to those that have already PMed me to test it.

1 good update:

Usually payments have been sent out between 45-60 days after a calendar month's end. This month marks the last month for 45-60 days.

Our payments are now NET 30. That means this month everyone should get payments for both December and January.

An official announcement will be emailed out tomorrow.

All future payments will be sent exactly between 25 and 30 days after a calendar month's end, no later. On top of that notification emails will be sent before each payment with the total amount. We will also send emails after each payment to confirm that payment has been sent out.

Hopefully this is one good news for Bodis members for the month of February with more to come.

•••
That is great news Matt on the payment side of things.

Looking forward to the new templates. :)

Last edited:
•••
I have not shown stub or anyone else just yet, but will. But we are testing the templates now on some internal accounts and am looking to test it on a few third party user accounts before launching them. So I'll be getting in touch to those that have already PMed me to test it.

Once again, I don't understand the philosophy here, but I suppose I may be missing something obvious. What are you testing? Simple inquiry links like "This domain may be for sale" either work or they don't. if I remember right, you're now doing a simple inquiry system. . . the kind that takes 30 minutes to test with five people trying the links out as both buyers and sellers. The inquiry link sends an e-mail to the domain's owner or it doesn't. It doesn't take weeks of 3rd party testing or secret trials. If controlled internal testing shows it works, why not release it to everyone for beta? Why not let everyone enjoy the opportunity of selling domains and, at the same time, satisfy whatever testing and feedback concerns you may have?

If it's merely testing for inquiry placement on the page, that's more reason than ever to let all the members try it; you'd get way better feedback on the number of inquiries and sales from the whole membership, and again, they would get a chance to sell domains without another delay.

•••
Great news regarding NET 30 :)

•••
Matt,

please get back to me on the one click lander templates, id aprpeciate it

would be an homerun if bodis can combine its relevant search with 1 click lander.

would convert almost any domain.

•••
I will PM you Tenk if interested in testing.

Verbster: I was just refering to testing templates. There's a lot of variables. Even though I've been testing them, you never know what to expect based on domain. One of my portfolios seen a 20-30% increase. Another didn't see anything. So there's a lot of tweaking, new variations, and changes going on.

I want everyone to see a nice increase in revenue, that's why I'm taking my time.

Last edited:
•••
I want everyone to see a nice increase in revenue, that's why I'm taking my time.

Please take as much time as you need and don't listen to anyone who is trying to force you :)

•••
•••
Net 30 is a great improvement. Thank you Matt. But until we can actually start selling domains thru the contact page, it doesn't mean a lot. This contact page has been promised for years. But still it's unavailable with no promised date by which it will be implemented. I transferred 2000+ domains to Bodis in November last year, on the understanding that it was imminent, but it's still not here. When Matt, is this Contact/For Sale page going to be implemented? Soon doesn't cut it anymore?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back