BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Troy does not ask many questions at all. We love Troy. :)

I know it's a little confusing but there is two of us here on this forum with a similar avatar.

The position for Key Account Manager is a different role than Troy currently has.

Thank you to everyone that did contact us and apply. I'll be personally reaching out to every candidate.

•••
I am stating a fact .. since when NameDrive merged with parkingcrew, Bodis remains unrivaled when it comes to zeroclick. ;)

•••
•••
LED Open Signs.com sold $1,000 through bodis inquiry. 14th one. Keep in mind all caught on expired lists for godaddy coupon cost or reg fee in club membership.

•••
bodis is the biggest joke ever !

i park domains since 2002 ( real honest expired traffic no tricks or gimmicks )
everyone in this business knows that i have real traffic expecially bodis
in fact years back i had a contract with Matt to sell bodis all my traffic to build his company
( the contract lasted for for a year than we renewed it for another year )

i use above to automatically have above redirect my traffic where it pays the most ( use it for years )
yesterday bodis paid ( it is a small amount as only a small amount of my traffic converts well with bodis )
and notice there is over 40 % missing . so i checked and i saw CLAWBACK - not just some little clawback ( in the 13 years i park - no parking company EVER made a clawback for more than 1 % at the very most ( and i can proof this on every single parking account i have ever used ( including but not limited to sedo/parkingcrew/voodoo/domainsponsor/fabulous & whatever other parking companies are out there - i used them all and NEVER EVER have i had such a clawback .

do additional domains where added during that month and non of the other 3 services gave me a clawback even close to that the other companies show LESS than 1 % clawback .
bodis takes 3 DAYS to give the final revenue numbers and than there is such a huge error ?

i don't think so - this clawback was not shows even one day before the payout !!

i will not let this rest - i will take action on this ! - this smelles just too fishy

i supply real honest traffic and i EXPECT to be paid ! ( bodis if you got a sour deal with one of your partners do not shorten MY PAYOUT because of that !!)

Wolfis,

We do care about our users and are definitely willing to help and look into issues such as these.

Having said that, is it really not necessary for you to accuse us of a scam, call us thieves, make up accusations, threaten legal action, post on Namepros + other sites, email us, in addition to sending us a support ticket. A single support ticket is tracked in our system, and Troy or someone on our team would look into the issue and respond within 24 hrs.

The deduction you are referring to was an $xx deduction for a single domain name. For whatever reason, our ad provider didn't like the traffic on this domain name. No, it is not a scam. These things do happen from time to time and from experience, are rarely (if ever) reversible. However, we will bring this up with them so that they can investigate further.

Deductions are posted a day before, or on the day of payouts, simply because we receive them from our ad provider on that day and not any sooner.

Again, we care about you as well as the rest of our users equally. And will work hard to make sure you, as well as the rest of our users, are happy to park with Bodis. I will have Troy reach out to you within the coming days with any details that we find.

•••
Is Escrow integration solved?

Few weeks back one of my buyer started escrow.com transaction and it was automatically canceled by Escrow saying that there was problem with partner id.

thekiller,

I did receive the report on this issue from support. We've definitely done a few calls with Escrow.com since this issue was reported and it seems like it has been resolved.

Sadly, the issue was on their end, they did a system overhaul/migration and misplaced our partner ID. I'm not sure what exactly the issues they are dealing with and it's sad to know they immediately placed blame on anyone but themselves. They have the brand, but I don't even know if they have a tech team! Or a proper one at that.

In any case, if you do notice any issues please let me or someone in support know. Thank you.

•••
I simply love it :) Another 57 USD click.

•••
Hello,

The IP address does supply slightly more geographical information than simply stating the potential buyer's country, but maybe we can include them both.

Also, shortly we'll be providing advanced offer/sale stats, which will grant you access into valuable potential buyer insights.

Thanks.

When I receive inquires at PC - I see buyer's country...
At Bodis - IP... is it so hard to automatically resolve it on your side???

•••
Escrow.com offer among the lowest commission fees.
The lowest escrow is offered by Rob Monster (epik.com).
0% for their domains and 1.5% for other registrars.
If disbursement via International Wire Transfer - they charge $40.

•••
Got some goodies for you guys! Our devs are hard at work with another update. This is a minor update to Manage UI that allows for mass setting imprint / direct ads on/off. Also, allows these options to be setting via folder management on a per-folder level as well.

They're also working on some very exciting features next. Some parking industry FIRST features that I think will be VERY welcomed! We can't wait to show you guys.

In meantime, we've added Efty to our External Market option. We're waiting on Afternic to provide us a tracking link so that we can add them as well. Hopefully any day now.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf regarding CNAME, it is OK to set to IP. Set to IP: 199.59.242.150

We will try our best to maintain this IP for all future use for parking.

As far as revenue per user account/domain, yes we'll be able to do that but I believe we'll keep it to user account entirely. Just not a focus right now. Right now we're focusing on optimizing revenue, performance, and features. Not so much fine tuning something like MX records. We will get to it. Actually, we are closer to it than ever before but still not a "priority".

Last edited:
•••
Case in point - we do that with kfx.com which is actually pointed to DAN DNS.
Well done. I like this lander. Especially the fact that with adblock detected it forwards to pure forsale page. Which is what it should be. And which is not the case with current common bodis parking (where empty page is shown, as was discussed in this thread some time ago).

•••
For most people escrow.com is unusable because of their limited payout options in most countries as well as their lengthy verification procedures.. it's been told over and over again on np that most of domainers prefer other venues for payment so I am a bit disappointed that you use escrow.Com and hope that in future and with your new relationship with dan.com you will make escrow.com just a little option in the background for the few who want it instead of your primary and only payment venue which it is now.. thank you

By offering escrow .com (or any other sales platform) integration, Bodis is indirectly giving a seal or approval (sort of) to this 3rd party. Which is important, as own reputation of Bodis is involved. Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are... Bodis has a good reputation. So, the decision to offer this or that sales/escrow provider should not be taken lightly. Imo.

Last edited:
•••
Haven't used Bodis for a while and decided to try again. I remember long time ago I asked for remembering the number of domains per page...still not here.

As well as reporting tab – showing "all time" by default and of course I don't need my years old stats being mixed with the current, but I have to change this setting every time I visit the reporting page... so painful :xf.confused:
# you can set in your Account UI settings.

But traditional default CURRENT MONTH for Calendar is asked for years and still rocket science there...

Last edited:
•••
Hi @TroyBodis
We all know by now that Google announced that it is changing how it pays AdSense publishers, no longer Paying Per Click (PPC) and switching to exclusively Paying on a Per Impression (PPI) model
Starting now in early 2024

What is Bodis opinion on this matter and what does it plan to do to mitigate the losses in profits estimated at more than 75%?

•••
Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to working with all of you!

•••
Hello fellow domainers,

For those who have never heard of me, my name is Sebastian and I am part of the Bodis team. I have assumed the responsibility to keep our users informed with an up-to-date status of our current situation at Bodis.

As many of you already know, we have recently been under attack from various distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks. Given the nature of these attacks, we were unable to null-route IP addresses as we have done before to avoid any downtime. It appears that over the past week, we have been a primary target of a cleverly distributed network which continuously attacked our DNS servers and web servers. We have been working day and night fighting the attack as well as devising plans to avoid any downtime in the future. In the process, we have consulted leading companies in the industry to mitigate future attacks, and we are currently in the process of implementing these solutions. We are convinced that these preventative measures will significantly improve the reliability of our network going forward.

In the meantime, we have progressively attempted to find a solution that would not be prone to the current ongoing attacks we are experiencing. Most of the parking pages are online again and we are working around the clock to get the remaining domains up and running. The remaining domains are those that are forwarded using CNAME records/Above.com and we expect them to be online within the next 48 hours.

I would like to personally apologize on behalf of the entire Bodis team for any inconveniences you have experienced over the past days. We have agreed internally to credit all users for their monetary losses they have incurred due to the downtime.

Thank you for your support and patience as we go through this predicament together.
Sebastian

•••
Most of the users posting here about their account suspension are fraudulent and they know it. Likely a fraud ring. They have dozens of accounts setup everywhere: Namepros, Bodis, etc. As you can see, they all have very little posts and have strange user names.

Luckily, the more they post here complaining about their fraudulent accounts being closed, the more we investigate fraud in general and place stricter rules in place. So at the end this will only backfire on them as we beef up our anti-spam practice and close more of their accounts.

From now on I won't even respond to them because it is wasting the time that we can put into improving the system for ourselves and our legit users.

•••
Same here with day 14.
Also I've noticed lower RPM in the days 12 and 13....

In my experience fluctuations in RPM & CTR are 100% normal. You have to understand that the ad's your customers click on is actually a living,breathing network of advertisers bidding real time on your traffic.

If a customer shows up at 3:00am and clicks on a high paying keyword, chances are you are going to be paid very little because at 3:00am there is not a lot of competition. Now let's say it's prime time; 2:00pm and a customer clicks on your ad's, well this time you might be paid more because of the competition during that hour.

The bottom line is; it's 100% normal to experience fluctuations daily. To this day I still have high and low days but overall, the 30 day average, had stayed the same or gone up.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.

•••
Question, Why would Bodis want to suspend anyone?

Think about it for one moment, they "LOSE MONEY" when they lose a client. No company want's to lose a client and cost themselves money. It's obvious the people who are complaining do not understand this business or are scammers.

Bodis does not want to ban you and cost themselves money. At the same time they do not want to lose their contract with the "UPSTREAM PROVIDERS" who provide the ads so they are going to do what every the "UPSTREAM" provider says.

Rakib, I think you meant to say they do "NOT" allow traffic from paid sources. This is how you get banned!

Once again, coming on here and complaining is not going to get you what you want.

•••
I saw some credits today. Once again thank you for this. There are tons of companies who would never do such a thing for their users. Thank you!

Incase anyone wants to know what makes bodis one of the best:

1. Great RPC
2. Fast payouts
3. Tremendous customer service - Troy is phenomenal and he laughs at my cheesy jokes I send.
4. Outstanding Owners: Matt and his team is top notch. Easy to approach, friendly, honest, all around good people.
5. A company that listens to its users
6. Outstanding communication

•••
A small suggestion. "Cosmetic" change, but still... Not all bodis customers are U.S.-based and so some may not be comfortable with MM/DD date format. I have to frequently decide what lets say "05/06/2014" shown by bodis in some reports / screens means - is it June 5th (which I expect) or May 6th (which U.S.-based members expect). Bodis might want to add "date format" configuration setting to let the members select what display date format is the most convinient...

•••
We really appreciate your opinions. The use of this date format is very limited on the new Bodis site and as far as I know, the only time that the date is displayed in this format is when using the custom date ranges within the Performance Reports.

In cases where there may be confusion between date formats, the YY/MM/DD format does tend to suit both U.S. and non-U.S. based clientele.

Maybe Matt can shed some more light on this.

Thanks.

The format we currently use for all users is MM/DD/YYYY. I have made note of your suggestion and we will push this into an update within the next few weeks.

•••
Suggestion:

I would like suggest few of additional changes in current template.

1) Custom Logo Option.

2) Top text should be Highlighted (Different BG) .

3) Optional: Quick Contact form in small size.

Screenshot_1.png

Image URL: http://s25.postimg.org/4ociomju7/Screenshot_1.png

still no one parking company using this kind of powerful templates, once this kind of templates launched then no need to create for sale template websites.more domainers interested to use this templates to increase their sales.

What do you think about my suggestion?!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back