IT.COM

question Bodis or Uniregistry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Thinking of switching my premium domains from Bodis to Uniregistry for our BIN domains.
Is this a good idea?

At the moment we park at Bodis and re- direct using our own landers, but I've heard positive things about the Uniregistry market place?

Move, or stay - what do you think?

Cheers,

DD

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you are ready to pay their commissions - you may move...

•••
I use Uniregistry parking and redirect the sales link to my own sites offer form. Outta those 2 I prefer Bodis sales pages as they ask for an offer. Have gotten a lot of garbage inquiries in the past at Uniregistry as it's not really clear it's for sale so confused people send other inquiries. Negotiations begin with an offer so I'd stick with Bodis that requests one or do your own pages.

Most sales happen from the buyer typing in the domain so the marketplaces really don't do much for ya in terms of promotion. Wherever ya point them is where the majority of the offers will come from so basically most are giving away 15-20%+ commission for nothing as they would have gotten the same offer on their own page along with name, email, phone, ip etc... which beats blind negotiations.

Make Offer Domains I'd do your own pages or bodis as both would pass buyer information and free.
Buy It Now domains I'd be looking more at Afternic due to their distribution network that would have enough eyeballs to justify paying a cut.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the comments. So we have decided to stick with Bodis where all of our domains are parked. Would it be best to auto re-direct to our own landers, or continue with the PPC option with the option to re-direct? The Bodis PPC page doesn't really make it obvious that the domain is for sale?

Cheers,

DD

•••
If you are ready to pay their commissions - you may move...

You can self-broker your domains with zero commission, and use their brokers whenever you like.

I'd recommend using multiple platforms for different domains and test the results. Sedo works great with BIN priced domains as well.

•••
Would it be best to auto re-direct to our own landers, or continue with the PPC option with the option to re-direct? The Bodis PPC page doesn't really make it obvious that the domain is for sale?

Cheers,

DD

I do everything on Uniregistry parking mainly because the sales links are at the top and huge and they allow you to redirect the sales link to the domain specific sales page on my own site.

I'd say put everything on PPC for a month ot two. Then go back in run reports and keep the earners on PPC and domains with no traffic or earnings would be worth moving straight to sales pages if the sales link isn't as noticeable there or moving to someone with more noticeable sales links uniregistry etc... if you'd rather keep ads on all of them. Ads are nice but if no traffic kinda like a billboard in the desert.

Done well with my own sales pages and Bodis sales pages.

Last edited:
•••
Uniregistry was great when it is Domainnamesales platform. However, when they became Uniregistry market it suddenly became a different story. I don't know whether they have some server-side issues for this switch or other problems but inquiries dropped at 70% which seems statistically weird and I moved my domains from there. You may still try them without switching DNS.

•••
unireg brokers all start too high ,if someone is telling me 30k for a hand reg domain ,I tell them to go ---- ---------. that's what they do ,their model works because the suckers pay for there renewal fees and if they sell 1 in 5 thousand to a company that just says take it BIN ,then they are doing pretty good if they have a million listings they are selling 200 at 10k commission each that's 2 million ,if they 10 million listings that 20 million a year. If they paid there own fees the model would not work. Basically FREE LOTTERY TICKETS

•••
You can self-broker your domains with zero commission, and use their brokers whenever you like.

I'd recommend using multiple platforms for different domains and test the results. Sedo works great with BIN priced domains as well.
I don't use Sedo at all, except their escrow.
ParkingCrew and Bodis are enough for me to receive offers...

•••
afternic is great centain brokers are real good ,but they work with a rotating referral system ,they are basically their own bosses and each one has a deal of their own,the more production the better the deal. A lot of these guys work out of their own homes.The problem Is i have with them is once the deal gets countered it usually dies ,crappy follow up system ,where if you had the domain self brokered ,you probably would get a cheaper price for your url but you would sell.

•••
Thanks for the comments. So we have decided to stick with Bodis where all of our domains are parked. Would it be best to auto re-direct to our own landers, or continue with the PPC option with the option to re-direct? The Bodis PPC page doesn't really make it obvious that the domain is for sale?

Cheers,

DD
bodis is good so is fabulous ,I stress this that if you use and parking company make sure that they provide the buyers ip address because a lot of the inquires coming in try to hide who they are. fabulous does for sure,also I think they pay the best too ,as far as parking

•••
I have started to move my domains to uniregistry lately
after a 20% monthly decline in parking at the standard parking services

I am really impressed with their payout when a click happens
but it happens less frequently

( some guys would say CPC is great but CTR% is bad )

so here is my results so far

date / traffic / clicks / CTR% / CPC / RPM / payout
upload_2017-2-14_16-28-12.png

2017 / 02 / 14 is end date so far

Last edited:
•••
Frank - Some argue that generic landers perform better, vs. targeted ones. Uniregistry (formerly DNS) changed to a generic lander with a blue hazy mountain a while back. They claim the new lander performs better.

However, I disagree. The mobile landers should perform better, as imagery is tailored to the domain keyword. That also might explain the "blips" you get with high CPC.

•••
Frank - Some argue that generic landers perform better, vs. targeted ones. Uniregistry (formerly DNS) changed to a generic lander with a blue hazy mountain a while back. They claim the new lander performs better.

However, I disagree. The mobile landers should perform better, as imagery is tailored to the domain keyword. That also might explain the "blips" you get with high CPC.

you may be right
most of my domains are at a 2 step lander

so I guess when the visitor selects
he gets the best add possible
but only few will do so

what I like best with uniregistry is the fact
that they have a really great support
- thank you guys !!! -
and they are open to suggestions

And most importantly:
I can reuse my parking income to renew the domains
I have with them - that saves me a lot of annoying fees
( PayPal - poor currency conversion rates - bank fees)

as that is really a huge sum for me at the end of the year
that too has to be counted on top of the parking income

I can redirect my traffic anytime where ever I want it to
and I can point my for sale banner to my own landing page
if I choose so

and I get additional inquiries
from within their marketplace

at the time beeing I do perfer them over all other places
I have tried in the last 16 years

cudos to uniregistry

Last edited:
•••
I'm all in to uniregistry.

•••
This thread has been started regarding sales and BIN-domains...
It is not about monetization...

•••
1) BIN is good if you know what the market will pay and you are ok with that amount
2) as long as you sell to end users and when it comes to brandables if 1) doesn't apply its always best to do due diligence about the sales lead first before you set a price

•••

Acro, I am trying self-brokering for time being, but have no inquiries for week(s), but when I usually use Uniregistry's brokerage I get few inquiries per week. Just wondering how successful is it for others.

•••
There are 2 types of inquiries: from endusers and from another domainers (which use various marketplaces incl. Uniregistry)... that's why more inquiries there.

•••
there are bots inquiring as well

•••
•••
Acro, I am trying self-brokering for time being, but have no inquiries for week(s), but when I usually use Uniregistry's brokerage I get few inquiries per week. Just wondering how successful is it for others.

It makes no difference to the incoming inquiries, whether you self-broker or using brokers. They don't do outgoing sales, so any activity is the result of "random" inquiries hitting your domains.

•••
It makes no difference to the incoming inquiries, whether you self-broker or using brokers. They don't do outgoing sales, so any activity is the result of "random" inquiries hitting your domains.

that is very true

so if I don't send them my traffic
I don't mind if they get whatever commission

but if I send them my traffic
they should at least do a great job
in parking revenue

•••
I use bodis to redirect to sale landing page, as least you get some analytics.

As a buyer, first thing I want to see if there is a BIN price and if it does not match my budget, a make offer option.

In Uniregistry, If BIN+Offers option is selected in the panel, the landing page does not show the BIN price on landing page along with the make offer option. Buyer has to fill in a form ( email + phone? really all that to inquire about a domain, in this day of social logins why not just show a fb/g/twitter login form and offer an email+phone option for those who don't wish to use social logins or for countries where social logins don't work). Uniregistry landing page makes it difficult for small budget buyers to make an offer.

Epik has a good simple landing page. Epik got this right by showing BIN price as well as make offer right on their landing page.

NameSilo landing page is also OK, though it would be better if they had the make offer option right on landing page, which is available as "This domain is being sold by the Seller in an offer/counter offer format." after clicking on "more info" button.

using our own landers

@DefinitelyDomains, what do you use for landers. Can you post an domain or snaphot? Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Back