Dynadot

question Bodis or Uniregistry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Thinking of switching my premium domains from Bodis to Uniregistry for our BIN domains.
Is this a good idea?

At the moment we park at Bodis and re- direct using our own landers, but I've heard positive things about the Uniregistry market place?

Move, or stay - what do you think?

Cheers,

DD

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use bodis to redirect to sale landing page, as least you get some analytics.

As a buyer, first thing I want to see if there is a BIN price and if it does not match my budget, a make offer option.

In Uniregistry, If BIN+Offers option is selected in the panel, the landing page does not show the BIN price on landing page along with the make offer option. Buyer has to fill in a form ( email + phone? really all that to inquire about a domain, in this day of social logins why not just show a fb/g/twitter login form and offer an email+phone option for those who don't wish to use social logins or for countries where social logins don't work). Uniregistry landing page makes it difficult for small budget buyers to make an offer.

Epik has a good simple landing page. Epik got this right by showing BIN price as well as make offer right on their landing page.

NameSilo landing page is also OK, though it would be better if they had the make offer option right on landing page, which is available as "This domain is being sold by the Seller in an offer/counter offer format." after clicking on "more info" button.

@DefinitelyDomains, what do you use for landers. Can you post an domain or snaphot? Thanks

Sure - here is an example of one of our own landers - WorldCruise.club. To be honest, we have resorted back to using Bodis landing pages for now, although not sure if we should swap this back as yet.

•••
Thinking of switching my premium domains from Bodis to Uniregistry for our BIN domains.
Is this a good idea?

At the moment we park at Bodis and re- direct using our own landers, but I've heard positive things about the Uniregistry market place?

Cheers,

DD

Between Bodis and Uniregistry I choose Undeveloped :)

I really love their landing page layout for some reason

•••
Between Bodis and Uniregistry I choose Undeveloped :)

I really love their landing page layout for some reason

Have you had much success using them?

•••
Not really, but I only started to use them for less than a couple of months (and only about 200 names or so).

Undeveloped landing pages look great on mobile, they have BIN and make offer options as well as monthly payment plans if you forward your names to the landing page.

Don't get me wrong ... the best option is always to build your own website or landing page and go from there (as someone mentioned above) good or bad, ugly or beautiful, it's your own website, your own brand, your own online hub and you can tweak it as much as you like...

•••
don't forget its all about sales and profit

not about beautiy of a lander

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Is this a good idea?

Cheers,

DD

Possibly late as I just came across this but I actually moved the reverse and I've had greater success since! I moved all my domains from Uni, AF, Sedo to Bodis and my sell rate has increased at least 5x if not more!

I also dislike Uniregistry interface, especially for parking. I could also never figure out how to have only a contact form or to have a direct BIN page. Bodis is dead easy to use, pays better for parked names and their reporting is far better. Also GA integration is a great plus!

Oh and I forgot, no 15% commission.

On Uni side, I've had only terrible experiences with their brokers. The amount of effort they put in, they might as well not even bother. Pretty much all they do (for inquiries I've received through Uni) is send the standard template e-mail. And they don't even bother following up. Maybe I'm small fry for them so they don't bother much with my domains (I generally keep my domains priced sub-5K). I can setup those same templates and send them with 3-4 clicks (through Uni's system). Or, with Gmail and a couple of plugins, I can replicate Uni's entire messaging system.

The only Pro I can see in Uni is their domain network which can have cross-promotion benefits. Also their domain portfolio management can be useful though I've not tried it extensively so cannot comment much on it.

Disclaimer: Absolutely no relationship with either Bodis or Uni exception a customer<>Service Provider relationship. I have no monetary or financial interest in either of them.

•••
Why not try earning on sales that you can track better?

•••
Possibly late as I just came across this but I actually moved the reverse and I've had greater success since! I moved all my domains from Uni, AF, Sedo to Bodis and my sell rate has increased at least 5x if not more!

I also dislike Uniregistry interface, especially for parking. I could also never figure out how to have only a contact form or to have a direct BIN page. Bodis is dead easy to use, pays better for parked names and their reporting is far better. Also GA integration is a great plus!

Oh and I forgot, no 15% commission.

On Uni side, I've had only terrible experiences with their brokers. The amount of effort they put in, they might as well not even bother. Pretty much all they do (for inquiries I've received through Uni) is send the standard template e-mail. And they don't even bother following up. Maybe I'm small fry for them so they don't bother much with my domains (I generally keep my domains priced sub-5K). I can setup those same templates and send them with 3-4 clicks (through Uni's system). Or, with Gmail and a couple of plugins, I can replicate Uni's entire messaging system.

The only Pro I can see in Uni is their domain network which can have cross-promotion benefits. Also their domain portfolio management can be useful though I've not tried it extensively so cannot comment much on it.

Disclaimer: Absolutely no relationship with either Bodis or Uni exception a customer<>Service Provider relationship. I have no monetary or financial interest in either of them.

So I'm thinking of testing Bodis. But when I look at their page what you get is your domain parked with a small header that states "The domain xxxxxxxx.com may be for sale for $295.00. Click here to purchase this domain." Then you have to click through to see the lovely landing page connected to the BIN and Escrow.com. You're saying that even though this header is small - it works well? What I'd really like is a company that takes me right to the lander with BIN and payment option (via Escrow.com). I suppose I can park with Bodis nameservers and then forward via 301 to mydomain.com/listing and have it drop right on the lander. Would Bodis have a problem with that? I'd be circumventing the parking page so really they'd make no money.

•••
So I'm thinking of testing Bodis. But when I look at their page what you get is your domain parked with a small header that states "The domain xxxxxxxx.com may be for sale for $295.00. Click here to purchase this domain." Then you have to click through to see the lovely landing page connected to the BIN and Escrow.com. You're saying that even though this header is small - it works well? What I'd really like is a company that takes me right to the lander with BIN and payment option (via Escrow.com). I suppose I can park with Bodis nameservers and then forward via 301 to mydomain.com/listing and have it drop right on the lander. Would Bodis have a problem with that? I'd be circumventing the parking page so really they'd make no money.

For the domain, click on "Auto Redirect to inquiry form"

upload_2017-11-20_22-42-37.png

This will directly display the Contact Form to the user (no ads parking). You can also do this in bulk for all your domains.

Edit: Check out bre.io as an example

Last edited:
•••
For the domain, click on "Auto Redirect to inquiry form"

Show attachment 73467

This will directly display the Contact Form to the user (no ads parking). You can also do this in bulk for all your domains.

Edit: Check out bre.io as an example

Perfect, that's exactly what I want! Will be testing Bodis asap. Has to be better than the nonsensical Afternic mini header with parking for leads. Fingers crossed that's true.

PS - what does Bodis gain by offering this service? Does Escrow.com cut them in on sales that go through them? Or?

Last edited:
•••
I suspect parking revenue is their primary source of income. Parking companies likely keep a much larger revenue share as compared to traditional ad networks. But no factual idea tbh

•••
Back