Dynadot

.biz .biz

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
how often do you buy .biz ???
all the other extention are taken thats the only one . how do you decide whether to buy it or not?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never i just brought once n70.biz and sold it to my friend, IMO its waste

•••
Not very often. It's my last choice for the 6 main TLDs, but I do have some of them. I think it depends on what you intend to do with the domain. As an investment, it would have to be a really good domain name. It may be worth something in the future, but I don't think it will be worth anything like the top TLDs. For parking it would have to be a good domain and on a topic where the PPC bids are fairly high. If you can do some link building with your parking service, the TLD doesn't matter all that much, but of course the better TLDs will always do the best.

But if you are thinking to develope a site and you really like the domain, then I would get it and develop a site for it. If you market and promote it the domain/site should be able to do as well as any other, depending on the quality of your site.

•••
IMHO any domain name can be worth a ton, no matter the extension, if there is relevant, updated, correct, informational, helpful and wanted information on it. (and people know about it)

It's true that .biz is not exactly in demand but with the .com market starting to tighten up, I think people are more interested if their regular websites they visit are worth their time and not too worried about the extension.

People do tend to trust .com's more than a .biz though. I think it has to do in part with their lack of undertanding that .biz is considered a legitamate tld and not just a "different" kind of .com.

Most .biz names sell for very low numbers but hey, I'd bet that would change if you had good visitor volume and a consistent return rate.

Good luck!
Rudy
Logistik Labs

•••
montsa007 said:
Never i just brought once n70.biz and sold it to my friend, IMO its waste

Well, that's why it was a waste. What the heck is n70? A random CCC .biz combination is obviously not going to rake in the bucks.

If it's a premium/generic word that fits the .biz extension, you can find a buyer at the right price.

.biz isn't the best, but I've certainly seen it make people money.

•••
rudyhernandez said:
IMHO any domain name can be worth a ton, no matter the extension, if there is relevant, updated, correct, informational, helpful and wanted information on it. (and people know about it)

It's true that .biz is not exactly in demand but with the .com market starting to tighten up, I think people are more interested if their regular websites they visit are worth their time and not too worried about the extension.

People do tend to trust .com's more than a .biz though. I think it has to do in part with their lack of undertanding that .biz is considered a legitamate tld and not just a "different" kind of .com.

Most .biz names sell for very low numbers but hey, I'd bet that would change if you had good visitor volume and a consistent return rate.

Good luck!
Rudy
Logistik Labs

Time to check with the domain doctor mate,
Google never started with .org :D

•••
I have never thought even! I don't know, it sounds some meaningless...

•••
Known sales, past few months ...

HolidayInsurance.biz ... $1668 (Sedo)
VPSHosting.biz ... $2200 (Sedo)
PSP.biz ... $1500 (Sedo)
cribs.biz ... $1000 (Sedo)
igame.biz ... $1000 (Sedo)
imobilare.biz ... $1031 (Sedo)

Honolulu.biz ... $7100 (Moniker)
Kredit.biz ... $5154 (Sedo)
grills.biz ... $1000 (Sedo)
sheetmusic.biz ... $1045 (Sedo)
streetwise.biz ... $2000 (Sedo)
AbendKleider.biz ... $1306 (Sedo)

pajamas.biz ... $670 (Sedo)
Agloco.biz ... $1050 (Sedo)
Oceanside.biz ... $3950 (Sedo)
Renovation.biz ... $2732 (Sedo)
Carlsbad.biz ... $8250 (Sedo)
subscribe.biz ... $2057 (Sedo)

Say.biz ... $2380 (Sedo)
Celebrity.biz ... $6700 (Sedo)
horoscope.biz ... $1438 (Snapnames)
kostenlos.biz ... $1616 (Sedo)
KreditKarte.biz ... $1383 (Sedo)
mesothelioma.biz ... $1500 (Sedo)

Mortgages.biz ... $15,000 (Moniker/Traffic)
WebDevel.biz ... $1200 (Buydomains)
MediaShop.biz ... $3332 (Sedo)
LSA.biz ... $1800 (Afternic)
gold.biz ... $3700 (Sedo)
IdahoFalls.biz ... $2050 (Sedo)

AutomobileInsurance.biz ... $1000 (BuyDomains)
eindustry.biz ... $938 (Sedo)
pallets.biz ... $800 (Sedo)
picnic.biz ... $926 (Sedo)
PigeonForge.biz ... $1100 (Sedo)

•••
my guidelines to .biz

1. It must be relate to Business and fit the .biz TLD. If you can't say someone they are in the _______ (fill in here with domain) BUSINESS, then it probably doesn't fit.

2. If all or most other TLD's are not taken, it probably isn't worth registering.

3. Don't register "brandable" names in .biz, stick with generic names. Those wanting a brand will make something up or buy it in .com.

4. Register domains that would have lots of potential companies that may want it. I only pick .biz if there would be hundreds of companies that would want the generic, not just a few. (JetEngineRepair.biz would be harder to sell than laundromat.biz)

5. Large market companies won't normally use a .biz. Pick names that appeal to companies that won't care who has the .com.

6. With character domains, only LLL.biz or NNN.biz have foreseeable value. LNN, NLN, etc generally won't.

7. You won't get much traffic with .biz. The value of them is being generic, short, and either potential for development or development itself. The more generic the better. (i.e. Gold.biz can be use for gold records, gold mining, gold bullion, or gold medals. - GoldJewelry.biz is still good, but more limited, goldpencilholders.biz is probably too specialized even though generic)

8. Pick names that could have multiple uses in multiple markets or multiple levels in a vertical market. For example, jobplacement.biz could be used by a large international company for hiring, a large career search firm, a small employment agency, or an independent recruiter. It could also be used for Biz to Biz, Biz to Consumer, or possibly Consumers to discuss businesses. The more potential users the better.

Last edited:
•••
Panama.biz ... $9907 (Sedo)
lucero.biz ... $1000 (Afternic)

Adoptable - nice guidelines and overall assessment.

•••
Carlton said:
Panama.biz ... $9907 (Sedo)
lucero.biz ... $1000 (Afternic)

Adoptable - nice guidelines and overall assessment.
Dang, a big bang :'(

•••
also depends if all other exts have been used

•••
OnlineDegrees.biz ... $1500 (Sedo)

•••
Itz getting big man, cant wait to lay my hands on it...

•••
if you register a .biz domain have in mind that the name should be plain, easy and descriptive. As AdoptableDomains said it should be something generic and in my opinion should contain no more than 2 words.

•••
Agree with AdoptableDomains' guidelines. Don't bother with .biz unless the name is short, generic and fits the extension.

I recently had a 4 figure .biz sale (to a company) but it was one of those "perfect name found the perfect buyer" situations - those are the exception not the rule!

Personally, mesothelioma .biz (or "any awful disease" .biz) makes me cringe, but to each his/her own - if the buyer's profiting from their investment, good for them!

•••
I never buy .BIZ unless it fits perfectly.

Small.biz
Bank.biz
Cars.biz

NOT

Milkshakes.biz

•••
i think generics are more important .
i new to .biz just got
Miners.biz
Template.biz

worth anything? . . ur thoughts pls

•••
11-year old thread... and short answer: no, don't bother with .biz, even more worthless than when the thread started.

•••
u av a point.. aw about .co

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back