Dynadot

.biz .BIZ Domains Making A Huge Big Money Comeback

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When will .BIZ domains make a huge comeback... never.

However I wanted to share with you an antiquated video from 3 years ago that was trying to sell people on the idea of buying a .BIZ domain.

Notice any similarities to the new gTLD program?

I can't tell you what's right or wrong, god knows you get persecuted for any relevant knowledge sharing in a forum. However I can share with you facts from the past, and previous experience.

Nobody will touch a .BIZ today, and yet, years ago they were talking about them like they were the solution to a .COM availability 'problem'.

Here is the video, see for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkiHv48uT_U

What do you think? Does it sound like many of the .whatever marketing campaigns that you have heard, if so, where will that put .whatever domains three years from now?

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There was a .COM availability problem from about 2005-2009. This was due to most of the dropping domains being hoovered up for domain tasting so that ordinary registrants could not get any of them. The game was rigged against the ordinary registrant. However that changed when ICANN was shamed into acting and including a fee for domains registered and then dropped shortly afterwards within a five day window. The larger registrars hijacked the deletion process moving most of their dropping "premium" domains to their auction services so the game has really been rigged against the ordinary domainers and registrants for quite some time.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Even in .biz you are not going to find any desirable keywords. In the newer extensions maybe, but they are even less attractive at this point.

But before .biz, .cc, .ws or .to were also once presented as alternatives in the face of the shortage of good .com domains. That was around 1997-1999. You see people were already complaining about missing the boat back then. I heard about .to as early as 1995 I think...

Nothing new under the sun.

•••
When will .BIZ domains make a huge comeback... never.

However I wanted to share with you an antiquated video from 3 years ago that was trying to sell people on the idea of buying a .BIZ domain.

Notice any similarities to the new gTLD program?

I can't tell you what's right or wrong, god knows you get persecuted for any relevant knowledge sharing in a forum. However I can share with you facts from the past, and previous experience.

Nobody will touch a .BIZ today, and yet, years ago they were talking about them like they were the solution to a .COM availability 'problem'.

Here is the video, see for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkiHv48uT_U

What do you think? Does it sound like many of the .whatever marketing campaigns that you have heard, if so, where will that put .whatever domains three years from now?

Cheers

The comments for the video are funny, looks like the comments you get from the section here for $NP. Same with the Likes/Dislikes 73-0. They're all from 3 years ago, 105 comments, nothing since. Also, pretty much non-American, who knew India were such big .biz fans. When you pay for stuff like that, have to spread it out some, make it look more organic, not so obvious.

Last edited:
•••
if you own these silly gld names the best way to make money off them is to stop renewing them

•••
I sold a .biz last month for 500€

•••
anyone remember .nu? ha..

•••
The larger registrars hijacked the deletion process moving most of their dropping "premium" domains to their auction services so the game has really been rigged against the ordinary domainers and registrants for quite some time.

Regards...jmcc

Glad to see some people realize this.

•••
•••
I think it's a compelling argument personally. There must be some reason people didn't jump on the .biz bandwagon. Might it be the Z in .biz? It was always considered less the com/net/org. That might be the reason. I think most of these long new GTLD's are going to have a hard time in the next 1-5 years. Maybe after that they will become accepted, or go the way of .biz, into virtual anomalies. I still today own a few .biz domains because com/net/org are taken. But I can't even give away any dictionary or personal names.

PS: In answer to another post on NP. Drop.Solutions is available for registration, if anyone wants it.

Last edited:
•••
Movies.biz is selling on Flippa with bids over $2k right now..Might not be much for a premium word, but with over 50 bids I would say there are still some people out there buying .BIZ

•••
i have two biz domains ( NL and LN ) but no luck

•••
It all depends on the keyword, especially on Flippa where affiliate.info sold for $14k+.

I think any extension with a keyword that serves the extensions targeted audience will do well.

•••
"dictionary word?"

German dictonary word singular, no IDM, it is rare to get a sale but possilbe. Maybe .biz will gain from the overflow of crap like .directory .app and all the others.

•••
Yes, Many 2L .biz domains are available for Hand reg that shows how popular .biz is..!!

•••
•••
i'm interested PM me with name

Why PM ?? I believe in sharing with everyone (don't ask my credit card password & confidential info LOL)

2t.biz
g0.biz
uv.biz

you can find more.. I am too lazy..!!

•••
Why PM ?? I believe in sharing with everyone (don't ask my credit card password & confidential info LOL)

2t.biz
g0.biz
uv.biz

you can find more.. I am too lazy..!!
so u checked ExpiredDomain list but it's not availble. i checked months ago

•••
so u checked ExpiredDomain list but it's not availble. i checked months ago
Then their API is useless.. anyway 98% domains that shows available are really available to reg..

•••
not useless but very helpful check FAQ

" The information on ExpiredDomains.net get collected when a domain gets added to the site. The data gets refreshed periodically, but it is technically not possible to refresh it for every domain every day, so it is possible that the values you are seeing have changed. Some values change very rapidly. Backlinks can disappear, Google can remove the domain from its index or some other factor can change.

That is why I want to encourage everyone to check the values for themselves before making a buying decision! You can click on most values to verify them on the source page. "

•••
not useless but very helpful check FAQ

" The information on ExpiredDomains.net get collected when a domain gets added to the site. The data gets refreshed periodically, but it is technically not possible to refresh it for every domain every day, so it is possible that the values you are seeing have changed. Some values change very rapidly. Backlinks can disappear, Google can remove the domain from its index or some other factor can change.

That is why I want to encourage everyone to check the values for themselves before making a buying decision! You can click on most values to verify them on the source page. "

say outdated then.. what matters is the data is not real time.. anyway we are not paying for it.. I am not making an complaint, it's feedback though.. anyway godaddy bulk checker is what sub tool we should keep open in another tab.. ;)

•••
even godaddy is ..... try to search in godaddy 111.... it will show you 111.co is available

•••
even godaddy is ..... try to search in godaddy 111.... it will show you 111.co is available

Are you sure? if yes, then you must upgrade your system.. it's outdated O_o

untitled.PNG

•••
Are you sure? if yes, then you must upgrade your system.. it must be outdated O_o

Show attachment 6635
did i say bulk search ?? NO i was knew that you will do bulk search. Bulk function is for more thn one domain. Try to upgrade your mind. it must be outdated ..jk cheers

image.jpg

•••
did i say bulk search ?? NO i was knew that you will do bulk search. Bulk function is for more thn one domain. Try to upgrade your mind. it must be outdated ..jk cheers

image.jpg

Plz.. I beg please forgive me, I knew the fact that many registrars have problem in single domain search (they render inappropriate results, because of the many reasons such as it (status) keeps affected with MLM chain that adds & removes premium domains & many other kinds of domains).. this is comparatively low (or say nil) in the case of bulk search so it is mostly genuine.. (100% based on my experience) ..

Seriously, Common sense is not a gift in fact it's a punishment.. :'( because you have to deal with the people who don't have that.. :/

I am extremely sorry, I will never disturb (or post anything against such people).. I don't want this punishment again :|

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back