IT.COM

discuss Bitcoin above $16,000. Where is it headed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Bitcoin is already trading at $16,300+

Where do you think it will cap out?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
XRP is now the 3rd largest crypto currency

•••
Hey! I just got this email:

As a reminder, if you had bitcoin in your __________ wallet prior to August 1st, get excited because you'll see an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash in your wallet now!

are you kidding me? I just logged in and clicked and it's there, worth about 1/9 or so of the rest but a gang of loot, for nothing?? Can this be right???? They just gave me that for free!

Did anyone else get anything like that?

---

Maybe it was in there before? I never bothered to click to look at that category of bitcoin cash I was always just looking at the BTC value.

It was Oct 19th when I received this email from Blockchain:

=========================================================================
Bitcoin Cash is Now Available!

Since the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) hard fork activated on August 1st, we’ve continued to monitor this emerging digital asset and decided to roll out limited support for you!

We’re excited to share that as of last week, any user who had a bitcoin balance in their Blockchain wallet when the fork activated will be able to access the same BTC amount in BCH. Keep in mind, bitcoin and BCH are two separate currencies with two different values. What you do with your BCH will not affect your bitcoin balance and vice versa - unless of course you're exchanging one for the other.

image.jpg

You can store, exchange, and send Bitcoin Cash by clicking on General in the Settings menu of your web wallet, shown above. As always, if you choose to continue storing your BCH, you’ll maintain full, exclusive access to these funds via your recovery phrase.
Please note: if you did not have any bitcoin/BCH in your wallet at the time of fork then this option will not be available.
=========================================================================

I merely followed the simple instructions then voila... instant cash received, one tenth of my stored bitcoin balance. The bitcoin cash I received for free is now worth $x,xxx.

Easy money... what a blessing!

Last edited:
•••
I had no idea I had this bitcoin cash. But I do now!

Anyway though, I predict that btc will fly ahead and most of the alt coins will go down eventually. Not every alt coin is going to make it. Just the way things tend to work.

Just like in the stock market. Yes amzn and googl are damn expensive and too rich for most people’s blood. But everyone seems to pile on them anyway.

Industry leaders are where it’s at.

•••
I had no idea I had this bitcoin cash. But I do now!

Anyway though, I predict that btc will fly ahead and most of the alt coins will go down eventually. Not every alt coin is going to make it. Just the way things tend to work.

Just like in the stock market. Yes amzn and googl are damn expensive and too rich for most people’s blood. But everyone seems to pile on them anyway.

Industry leaders are where it’s at.
I actually do not think bitcoin will be the standard to send money, it is to slow, and fee heavy. Instead I believe with its 21M coin cap, it becomes more like gold in it’s current capacity. Other coins will fluctuate, but when they falter bitcoin will be that safety coin, that is a defensive play, this in itself should keep it strong, and help it rise, some of these other coins have pretty much what you can call infinite floats.

I believe from a transaction perspective litecoin works better.

•••
EU agrees clampdown on bitcoin platforms to tackle money laundering
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union states and legislators agreed on Friday on stricter rules to prevent money laundering and terrorism financing on exchange platforms for bitcoin and other virtual currencies, the EU said in a statement.

The agreement is part of a broader set of measures to tackle financial crimes and tax evasion. EU legislators also backed stricter controls on pre-paid cards, and raised transparency requirements for the owners of trusts and companies.

The EU decision comes as bitcoin’s prices have risen more than 1,700 percent since the start of the year, triggering worries that the market is a bubble that could burst in spectacular fashion.

Bitcoin exchange platforms and β€œwallet” providers that hold the cyber currency for clients will be required to identify their users, under the new rules which now must be formally adopted by EU states and European legislators and then turned into national laws within 18 months.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...orms-to-tackle-money-laundering-idUSKBN1E928M

•••
BTC pushing nineteen again!

o1ER2q3l.jpg

•••
•••
I ordered withdrawal of bitcoin . already 4 days not received , they hope it finishes before 25 December!

Fees are around 30% for buying
People at paxful.com are offering selling them for 25,000$ !. because it is very difficult for non us customers to buy so they take advantage of them.

As a way of payment and as per my experience , bitcoin is a catastrophe!

•••
•••
because it is very difficult for non us customers to buy so they take advantage of them.

Where are you? Europeans are able to get BTC easier than us in the US (who want US based wallets) since no regulations, although that may be changing.

My main bitcoin wallet is Euro-based, and I am in the U.S.

Have you looked into that
https://gemini.com/
someone mentioned above? I have not yet, but then I'm not interested in selling anytime soon anyway. Just COLLECTING!

Last edited:
•••
Anyway though, I predict that btc will fly ahead and most of the alt coins will go down eventually.

At the moment: BTC pushing beyond records again, while the alternates are dipping.

•••
At the moment: BTC pushing beyond records again, while the alternates are dipping.
shows money is flowing back to what is deemed safety.

•••
Bitcoin price at 19,474 as of this writing. Approaching 20k? Mind boggling.

upload_2017-12-17_2-17-22.png

•••
Topbtc.com saw one trade at 24K ..I am staying put in the game :xf.cool:. Hopefully it reaches 1 Bitcoin =1 Million dollars then we can all retire :xf.wink::xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••
•••
We’re not even over $20K yet and I’m seeing article headlines like:

Bitcoin Price Eyes $21,404.66 Ahead of CME Futures Launch

Saw another one saying it’s eying $24K

Not price projections - β€œeying,” implying that it’s practically there.

•••
•••
Except that the drop had nothing to do with the advent of CBOE or CME futures trading. Nor did it happen on Sunday, Dec. 10th or Monday, Dec. 18th as you seemed to be predicting.

Next time you make a prediction just wait around until some unrelated event a week or two past your prediction starts to drag btc down (this time, the fact that people wanted in on the alts and transactional costs were prohibitive to convert dollars to alts versus btc to alts) and then step in to claim that you were right. Oh, but you just did that didn’t you.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I wanted to buy and ride the ups and downs

But buying fees are 30% !!! With credit card or PayPal

So as if I am buying bitcoin at 21500!! While price at 15,000!!

It is not working for me :(

•••
Well I don’t know about PayPal - I don’t know if you’re using your cash PayPal balance is what I mean.

But you shouldn’t be investing in stock or any investment with credit card debt. Only with cash you may afford to lose and don’t need right away.

If you do have cash in your PayPal transfer it to your bank and buy the bitcoin via your bank account.

• Coinbase: Buy bitcoin if in the United States, Europe, Canada, or Singapore.
  • LocalBitcoins: Buy bitcoin anyplace with available sellers for cash.
  • Kraken: Buy bitcoins with a SEPA transfer in Europe.
  • May also meet people in person, hand over cash, and receive the equivalent in BTC with no transaction costs. LocalBitcoins facilitates this as well.

Last edited:
•••
but you still haven't given any valid reason for why anyone should own bitcoins - other than it may go up in price

and yes, i have provided valid information supporting my claim that a handful of owners own the majority of coins.

Show attachment 75070

the chart is updated and current from the stats provided.

https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

remember you are now assuming this chart is 100% accurate and all info shown in it.
there is no reason why the creator(s) of a currency would not implement ways to remain hidden from all such charts, while (and because) holding biggest chunks of currency.
jmo

fun fun fun I know.

cheers

•••
Well I don’t know about PayPal - I don’t know if you’re using your cash PayPal balance is what I mean.

But you shouldn’t be investing in stock or any investment with credit card debt. Only with cash you may afford to lose and don’t need right away.

If you do have cash in your PayPal transfer it to your bank and buy the bitcoin via your bank account.

I use credit card because of fast instant payment. But I have the cash to cover it.

Bank transfer takes 10-14 days to arrive. With such volatility it is difficult to take long term decisions

I just checked western union and the fees are around 10%. Then you pay buying fees. Still too much cost to buy bitcoin, nothing less than 30%

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back