Dynadot

discuss Bitcoin above $16,000. Where is it headed?

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Bitcoin is already trading at $16,300+

Where do you think it will cap out?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It’s logical if you understand how it works. I’ll tell you what’s not logical - printing more paper money when you think you’re running out!
Issue with bitcoin is its old technology, and slow, and fee heavy, retailers do not want to adapt.

I believe a newer shinier coin shall replace it. Right now first to market mover advantage in play, most of the people buying it retail wise are only doing so based on its investment performance, and not it’s function. However in all the chaos it is still seen as the gold standard in respects to flight to safety in this industry’s infancy.

•••
I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner, as the coin becomes more valuable so does the incentive to steal it... or just kidnap someone and use him to extort or ransom the coins. It's not safe even in cold storage, especially if you have a gun to your head!

Exmo Bitcoin exchange chief executive kidnapped in Kiev

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42505261

•••
I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner, as the coin becomes more valuable so does the incentive to steal it... or just kidnap someone and use him to extort or ransom the coins. It's not safe even in cold storage, especially if you have a gun to your head!

Exmo Bitcoin exchange chief executive kidnapped in Kiev

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42505261
Yes, if you have it in a safe, sure alot easier than cash, extortion coin? New ICO maybe...

•••
the anonymity makes crypto coins a criminals dream. This is the start of worse to come.

•••
•••
I was thinking that as long as enough establishment people and journalists are posting that BTC is going to go down for such and such reason and inevitability, that we will be okay.

Once everyone starts saying that BTC is the greatest and cannot fail, that is when we start worrying about a sustained downturn.

Joe Kennedy exited the stock market in timely fashion [before the crash of 1929] after a shoeshine boy gave him some stock tips. He figured that when the shoeshine boys have tips, the market is too popular for its own good.

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking that as long as enough establishment people and journalists are posting that BTC is going to go down for such and such reason and inevitability, that we will be okay.

Once everyone starts saying that BTC is the greatest and cannot fail, that is when we start worrying about a sustained downturn.

Joe Kennedy exited the stock market in timely fashion [before the crash of 1929] after a shoeshine boy gave him some stock tips. He figured that when the shoeshine boys have tips, the market is too popular for its own good.

And I am going to google this guy now "Joe Kennedy". Thanks for the info!

•••
•••
Exmo its currently under DDOS Attack.
Checked the site.

EXMO is under the DDoS attack.
The site will be available within half an hour.
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
Sincerely, The EXMO Team

•••
i think all the exchanges are under attack constantly, a lot of money to be mined...stolen!

Last edited:
•••
I must admit that XRP has had an impressive rise lately, while most everything else has gone down...BTC to about $13K, litecoin looks like it might fall below $200., iota looks like it might fall below $3., ethereum below $700.

XRP has a 38 billion coin circulation (with something like 99 billion available) though (versus about 16 million bitcoin available at the moment, with 21 million max), once that huge circulation starts swinging against it, I'd imagine it would feel strong resistance. Talk about a pyramid scheme, the creators of XRP are holding well over half of all the coins available, something close to 62% of XRP all in the hands of one entity, which of course they are promising to hold, but still.

Last edited:
•••
Dreamers of bitcoin worth 100k$ or more have already realized that the big bitcoin game is over and they are jumping quickly from coin to coin without logic reasons, but only for speculation

The ripple game will be shorter although ripple can kick bitcoin from first position

Then when ripple equals iota around 4$ , they will jump to iota because number of coins are less or they may jump to cardiano

The money pumping to cryptos is decreasing but when the big whales decide to cash out , big crash will happen to all coins

•••
i would sell your bitcoin/crypto names..

•••
•••
•••
Well the lowball estimates are coupled with 10x the low, highball estimates. Saying that it will hit $50k but might hit $5k first. Covering all bases. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Just thought I'd answer the thread titles question....

Down

•••
Yes it is headed towards $6000

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back