IT.COM

discuss Bitcoin above $16,000. Where is it headed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Bitcoin is already trading at $16,300+

Where do you think it will cap out?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
It's like a category 5 hurricane... at this rate it'll hit €30,000 by Christmas

•••
Some people say $1,000, some people say $10,000, others $20,000, then some $40,000, and even up to $1M.

You have a lot of wall street types, and some tech visionaries coming out, and saying wait, hold up here, take a deep breath, but then you have people who actually use bitcoin, and are hardcore to it's purpose.

I guess this is a play against the central bank, and the worthless paper they print. In some European countries it is hard to get exchange transfers as they can't source the funds from bitcoin exchanges. I believe local bitcoins is a site where people meet in shopping malls, and university campuses, and do exchanges. We are going to see many more bitcoin ATMs popping up, but they have some crazy exchange fees.

Not to impressed with coinbase right now, as their site is so spotty. Seems a flood of sell orders crashed the site.

•••
It's unreal.

It eats my soul to see it happen since I saw them back in the 10k BTC for a pizza days, and lost hundreds of BTC to reformatting my laptop.

The crazy thing is that the fundamentals are no different from 2010 until now, it's the same shitcoin just now propped up by pure sentiment.

There is new software coming out that is supposed to make BTC transfers instant, and I think that is what is fueling the $10k+ push.

If the software isn't all it's promised, then expect a pretty stiff fall back down to $9k ish.

These coins are like CHIP 4L domain names, and we all know how that worked out.

Nobody knows, it's shocking for sure.

•••
I agree, I don't like lingering transactions that are in sequence, that is a huge negative

Otherwise it is first to market, it is the standard, so for that reason it take top tier. You have mom, and pop people that want to be in the action now wanting to buy, if bitcoin was more accessible it would be much higher. Most people have no idea what it encompasses, or how it works, they just want to be part of the action.

•••
it will hit 20K, i gurantee you. Everytime you hit milestone, remove the few coins you have already had and put in other crypto.

Boy o Boy when it will hit, - ONE TRUMP TWEET - will destroy bitcoin, JUST ONE TWEET. so play with fire -with precautions.

•••
it will hit 20K, i gurantee you. Everytime you hit milestone, remove the few coins you have already had and put in other crypto.

Boy o Boy when it will hit, - ONE TRUMP TWEET - will destroy bitcoin, JUST ONE TWEET. so play with fire -with precautions.
You are so right, unless he owns some, I doubt he will encourage it, probably tell people to buy NY real estate.

•••

I agree. If he has no holdings in BTC then trashing BTC will create the single largest loss of wealth mankind has ever seen. Traditional assets will rise and more money will be in his pockets.

Time will tell...

•••
You are so right, unless he owns some, I doubt he will encourage it, probably tell people to buy NY real estate.

one of this day he will wake up - and TWEET - Bitcoin is not backed up with anything - BOOOOOM - it will hit low X,XXX - and so many people will broke. It will happen ultimately.

Last edited:
•••
although i love crypto :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Haris do you ever wonder if its not inside job. It takes one of their own engineer to fawk the system - and claim the cash. Most of these crypto exchanges are outside of US, so all the best.

Safe bet is - trade at Bittrex , and also other cryptos for whatever reason blocked us clients :) just figure what would be their reason haha

Last edited:
•••
Brings to mind what John Lennon said just before The Beatles broke up, “Where will I wind up when it stops? Las Vegas?”

Round and round bitcoin goes and where she stops...nobody knows!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
slow transactions

some vendors are not accepting anymore

skyrocketing higher fee's

closely held

hackable or loss due to hardware failure

zero underline value

...risky bet if you ask me

•••
Sorry but you sound like an old man in his rocking chair. Think young brother!

some vendors are not accepting anymore many more are accepting!

skyrocketing higher fee's my wallet's one of the originals, has almost no fees at all

closely held meaning, what? that only those who own it, have any? could say that about any stock too.

hackable or loss due to hardware failure that's the breaks, kid, lot of people lost their cash over the FDIC guarantee limit when banks failed too

zero underline value and the dollar, which is backed by no gold since 1971, is backed up by...1 trillion dollars in debt?

...risky bet if you ask me so is life! as Inspector Clouseau put it, The greater the odds...the greater the SHALL-AHNGE!

People are ignoring these "warnings" anyway, if anything - it makes them more willing to buy buy BUY!
https://www.namepros.com/threads/10...-crypto-currency.1052231/page-12#post-6468345

•••
•••
•••
•••
@Haris do you ever wonder if its not inside job. It takes one of their own engineer to fawk the system - and claim the cash. Most of these crypto exchanges are outside of US, so all the best.

Safe bet is - trade at Bittrex , and also other cryptos for whatever reason blocked us clients :) just figure what would be their reason haha

Yes I feel at least some of those hacks may be an inside job.

•••
hackable or loss due to hardware failure that's the breaks, kid, lot of people lost their cash over the FDIC guarantee limit when banks failed too

Even though I believe the banking system is a system with a ton of loopholes, I would like to say the probability of losing your coins due to hacks is much higher than the probability of losing your money because of bank failure.

•••
I am kind of jealous of all you who bought your bitcoins at the right time. :)

However, I would not be surprised if a crazy drop will occur pretty soon. It is not an uncommon phenomenon after spikes like this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back