IT.COM

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Nice one. What island were you on? Dubai? How did you like it?

•••
I was in Abu Dhabi (mainland) looking out from the hotel room. I live in Dubai.

Don't like Abu Dhabi at all, Dubai is cool though.

•••
Can you tell us what it's like to live there? I am very curious now.

•••
Another one to think about

Well, while I was looking around for Reem Island information I also came across a Nujoom Islands. Its pretty new but should be complete by 2010 i believe. It will accommodate 40-80 thousand residents and its located 25 miles from Dubai in Sharjah. Head over to nujoomislands.com for more info. I grabbed quite a few but they are premium keywords. I figure if I have to hold them all for 4-5 years and only one turns out, I'm well in the black.

NujoomHotels.com
NujoomIslandHotels.com

NujoomProperties.com
NujoomislandProperties.com

VisitNujoom.com
VisitNujoomIslands.com

NujoomInvestments.com
NujoomIslandsInvestments.com

NujoomNews.com
NujoomIslandsNews.com

NujoomProperty.com
NujoomIslandsProperty.com

Last but not least

NujoomRealEstate.com
NujoomIslandsRealEstate.com

•••
Today's registration:

ReemHome.com

Last edited:
•••
DomainMayhem.com said:
Can you tell us what it's like to live there? I am very curious now.

Depends where you are in Dubai really, some areas can be bit touristy and expensive, ie a meal is going to be $50 per person easily.

And there are other areas that are comparable to being in Mumbai, I've spent evenings where I didn't see another white person all night and dinner of kebabs was less than $5 per person.

There is 24/7 construction going on everywhere, and that gets quite tiresome.

Taxis are about 1/5th the cost of any other major city I've ever been to, I haven't even considered getting a car they are so cheap.

Driving is insane out here, the locals treat the highways like race courses, I've seen some Indy Car style crashes out here, and have been way too close for comfort with them once or twice.

It's hot in the summer, when you're outside you don't seem to sweat because it just evaporates off you right away, but when you go into an air conditioned place it states to pour.

The people seem pretty relaxed and easy going out here, most of the expats are in their early 40's or younger, so the mix of people can be entertaining.

It's more useful to speak Hindi out here than Arabic for day to day life, only use of Arabic seems to be in business meetings.

The Scale of the projects out here is amazing, I remember going to Las Vegas and being amazed by the strip. The Vegas strip to me now feels sort of like a local strip mall :)

Overall I like it here, it takes some time to get familiar with how things work out here, but with all the issues there are, they seem to have sort of worked out a balance of sorts. It will be interesting to see how it works out in the long term, but over all the region is a very interesting place to be at this point in time.

•••
•••
Smith - Thanks for the update on living there.. Sounds very interesting. Rep Added

•••
Thank you Smith :)
It was definitely a nice read.

•••
Yes, thank you for the insight on the day to day living, and the languages used. Very important info. Rep added.

•••
A fool and his money are soon partying.

domainerd1 said:
I'll have to bring an end to my buying spree for now. By my count, I have 76 domains related to Reem or the surrounding areas. D-:

•••
NURCA said:

Was that necessary?

•••
NURCA said:

Partying or parting?

It would change the meaning of the sentence...

•••
I think he was doing a play on 'parting', but the fool part aggravates me. I don't like the word, especially when it comes to referring to business colleagues.

•••
DomainMayhem.com said:
I think he was doing a play on 'parting', but the fool part aggravates me. I don't like the word, especially when it comes to referring to business colleagues.

No problem. I'm assuming it was a play on words meant to be positive - sort of.

•••
Hello !

Just purchased AlReemHolidays.com :)

Thanks

Olgi

•••
ReemEstates.com <-- MINE!

You like?

•••
preyuss said:
ReemEstates.com <-- MINE!

You like?

I do like it, very nice! Don't forget ReemEstate.com ...

My newest Reem registrations: ReemApartments.com, ReemApartment.com

Also if anyone is interested I found a cool thread on another forum talking about this project for almost 3 yrs now... http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=162779

Last edited:
•••
Progress on Reem Island Moving Very Fast!!

Progress on Reem Island is moving EXTREMELY FAST!

Already luxury condos and homes are available for sale at the following projects on Reem Island:

- Ocean Scape

- Marina Heights I

- Marina Heights II

- Sky Tower Gate District

These are all extremely beautiful and amazing developments (do a google search and see for yourself) on Reem Island, and this is just the beginning! The more I study Reem Island the more impressed I become. This is THE project in Abu Dhabi!

•••
There is a stir abt Reem @ dubai as well. Top brands @ Emirates Mall and City Centre Mall would be putting up exclusive outlets there.
I primarily found Reem projection to be a Resort oriented Travellers paradise.

The Key name to be used by most is AlReem. Although Reem i perceieve wud be usedby travellers, local domains wud prefer AlReem better. Saw lots of good companies with Al<company name> domains.

•••
Krossat said:
There is a stir abt Reem @ dubai as well. Top brands @ Emirates Mall and City Centre Mall would be putting up exclusive outlets there.
I primarily found Reem projection to be a Resort oriented Travellers paradise.

The Key name to be used by most is AlReem. Although Reem i perceieve wud be usedby travellers, local domains wud prefer AlReem better. Saw lots of good companies with Al<company name> domains.
Thanks, very helpful to know -- rep added. Do you think that they would refer to "Al Reem" a lot more than the full "Al Reem Island"?

•••
Definitely. AlReemIsland<Keyword> is too lengthy and will cause typos and uncomfort imo. I wud try to keep it as short as possible, unless it is a very good keyword or a geo thing, but thats just my personal opinion.

•••
Krossat said:
Definitely. AlReemIsland<Keyword> is too lengthy and will cause typos and uncomfort imo. I wud try to keep it as short as possible, unless it is a very good keyword or a geo thing, but thats just my personal opinion.
Thanks for the insight! One more question: based on what you know, do you see "Al Reem" domains being as good an investment as "Dubai" domains?

•••
dagersh said:
Thanks for the insight! One more question: based on what you know, do you see "Al Reem" domains being as good an investment as "Dubai" domains?

I'd value Dubai domains as more than AlReem... a lot more than AlReem.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back