NameSilo

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$$Domainer said:
Excellent job--all of you! I am proud to go down in domainer history as the one who started the Reem Island Gold Rush! Glad you are all getting on board with great names! This is what domaining is all about!

To put any fears at rest: Reem Island, unlike many UAE projects, is functioning RIGHT NOW, and by 2008 will be going full speed ahead. Development will continue till about 2020 since the project is so massive and Reem Island will just keep getting better and better.

Reem is the Biggest and Most Important project in Abu Dhabi, the richest Emirate and capital of all the Emirates. Even much of the Dubai development is being funded with Abu Dhabi money.

PM me if you need anything, want to brainstorm about selling or developing Reem Island domains, or any other ideas you come up with. $$Domainer

Would you suggest Reem or AlReem?

•••
The video that I've posted keeps referring to the place as "Reem Island".

Although "Reem Island", "Al Reem Island", "Reem" and "Al Reem" are all good, I'm still unsure of which one is the "best".

•••
I am going with Reem as the catchiest, though I too am not 100% certain.

•••
Keep in mind that since you own and will be developing your AlReem* related domains, please consult your tax adviser if you will be entitled to a deduction against some of your domain revenues.

Cheers...

While they are developing the real estate, we will do our job to complement it with the e-realestate.

Now that's the power of the internet. I hope the marketing people over there take notice now.

•••
When I finish with the development plan, I'll probably redirect all my reem domains to
1 of 3 .TV domains
Reem.TV, ReemIsland.TV or AlReemIsland.TV
I'll be focusing on developing one good reem website.

Let's pour in some web development ideas :)

•••
So have you guys heard about the new canal they are planning for Dubai yet?

Last edited:
•••
AlReem or Reem? ReemIsland.com and ReemInvestments.com do not use the Al. Al simply means "the." This is why I registered:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

ReemProperty.com

... but there is nothing wrong with the added Al, so don't worry if you regd names with Al. This project is so important and massive that any good name will have great value, either AlReem or Reem. Also, take a good look at those YouTube videos mentioned earlier, they will give you some idea of the scope of this project and note that they refer to it as Reem not Al Reem.

•••
Here is my rudimentary stab at a .tv site related to Al Reem -

http://alreemisle-tv.channelme.tv/

The only worthwhile videos I could find were the two that were posted earlier in this thread.

•••
•••
domainerph said:
I found another video of Al Reem Island...

http://www.profilegroup.ae/alreem.html

The link is on the lower right hand corner of the screen under label

Al Reem Island - Plot 1

Enjoy.

Great video :)
+ the video is only showing a small section of the island, and it's already amazing :)

•••
جزيرةالريم.com (xn--mgbdiucc3kj3bf.com)
جزيرةريم.com (xn--ogbfpbc1j5ad.com)

Scored: ReemIsland.com and AlReemIsland.com in Arabic IDN. Great catch, thanks for the info!

Been getting offers for some of my high-profile Arabic IDNs from developers in Dubai since last year. Hope Abu Dhabi developers are the same.

As a domainer I'd like to say: Open to any offers!

•••
Fka200 said:
جزيرةالريم.com (xn--mgbdiucc3kj3bf.com)
جزيرةريم.com (xn--ogbfpbc1j5ad.com)

Scored: ReemIsland.com and AlReemIsland.com in Arabic IDN. Great catch, thanks for the info!

Been getting offers for some of my high-profile Arabic IDNs from developers in Dubai since last year. Hope Abu Dhabi developers are the same.

As a domainer I'd like to say: Open to any offers!

Congrats on your excellent IDN reg!
What kind of offers did you usually get from the developers in Dubai?

•••
mrdomainman said:
Congrats on your excellent IDN reg!
What kind of offers did you usually get from the developers in Dubai?

I got a low xx,xxx$ offer for دبي.net (Dubai.net) and some other domains i'm keeping under radar right now. I've denied them all, though. I'm in IDNs for the long run. Things just started picking up--now is REALLY not the time to sell unless you really have to. Took the "gamble" with IDNs when everyone was saying they were junk investments a while ago and I almost gave in, but now 90% of my domain registrations are IDNs. Browser support arrived last year and traffic has been going uphill since--and the release of Vista just absolutely did it for a lot of my domains that I once had no hope in.

•••
If you think Reem Island is going to be big, you also need to check out Yas Island and Saadiyat Island. Yas Island is spending 40 billion (yes $US) on the Ferrari World Track and they are opening a ten lane highway into Abu Dhabi. Saadiyat Island is anothe biggie. It already has agreements to build a brand new Guggenheim museum and a Louvre!

Of course I don't know how these will compare but they are certainly worth a look!

Oh and I regged these while I was at it.

YASJOBS.COM
YASINVESTMENT.COM
YASINVESTMENTS.COM
YASREALTY.COM
YASISLANDREALTY.COM
YASISLANDHOMES.COM
YASSPA.COM
SAADIYATSPA.COM
YASBUSINESS.COM
YASISLANDBUSINESS.COM
YASVACATIONS.COM
SAADIYATISLANDART.COM
SAADIYATREALTY.COM
SAADIYATISLANDREALTY.COM
SAADIYATRESTAURANT.COM
YASRESTAURANTS.COM
YASVILLA.COM
YASVILLAS.COM
YASISLANDVILLA.COM
YASCONDOS.COM
SAADIYATCONDOS.COM
YASYACHTS.COM
YASISLANDYACHTS.COM
SAADIYATYACHTS.COM
SAADIYATISLANDYACHTS.COM

:talk:

•••
Fka200 said:
I got a low xx,xxx$ offer for دبي.net (Dubai.net) and some other domains i'm keeping under radar right now. I've denied them all, though. I'm in IDNs for the long run. Things just started picking up--now is REALLY not the time to sell unless you really have to. Took the "gamble" with IDNs when everyone was saying they were junk investments a while ago and I almost gave in, but now 90% of my domain registrations are IDNs. Browser support arrived last year and traffic has been going uphill since--and the release of Vista just absolutely did it for a lot of my domains that I once had no hope in.

Glad to hear that you are getting pretty good offers for Dubai IDN names :)

You are absolutely right in the sense that Dubai and Reem names are excellent as a long-term investment.

•••
mrdomainman said:
Glad to hear that you are getting pretty good offers for Dubai IDN names :)

You are absolutely right in the sense that Dubai and Reem names are excellent as a long-term investment.

Don't want to get to off track, but the Dubai names are a gold mine if they are prime keywords... but there are a lot of other IDNs that are great, like business.com in Arabic, stocks.com, etc. :).

I hope to one day see the Reem Island. Judging from the videos it's going to be gorgeous.

•••
Fka200 said:
Don't want to get to off track, but the Dubai names are a gold mine if they are prime keywords... but there are a lot of other IDNs that are great, like business.com in Arabic, stocks.com, etc. :).

I hope to one day see the Reem Island. Judging from the videos it's going to be gorgeous.

You are absolutely right about that.
The video is only showing a little section of the island, and I can't wait to see what will come when the island has been fully developed.
I would also definitely like to visit Reem Island someday.

•••
AbuDhabiAttractions.com
AbuDhabiAutorace.com
AbuDhabiAutoraces.com
AbuDhabiRaceTrack.com
AbuDhabiHorseracing.com
AbuDhabiSouk.com
AbuDhabiSouq.com
AbuDhabiTrack.com
AbuDhabiYachts.com
AlReemIslandMortgage.com
AlReemislandMortgages.com
EmiratesIslands.com
ReemIslandAttractions.com
ReemIslandSouk.com
ReemIslandSouq.com
YasAutoraceSchool.com
YasAutoracingSchool.com
YasDrivingSchool.com
YasIslandAttractions.com
YasIslandAutorace.com
YasIslandAutoraces.com
YasIslandAutoracing.com
YasIslandCondo.com
YasIslandCondos.com
YasIslandGolf.com
YasIslandMalls.com
YasIslandRaceCars.com
YasIslandRacetrack.com
YasIslandRacingSchool.com
YasIslandShopping.com
YasIslandTravel.com
YasIslandVacation.com
YasRaceCars.com
YasRacingSchool.com

•••
namegame said:
AbuDhabiAttractions.com
AbuDhabiAutorace.com
AbuDhabiAutoraces.com
AbuDhabiRaceTrack.com
AbuDhabiHorseracing.com
AbuDhabiSouk.com
AbuDhabiSouq.com
AbuDhabiTrack.com
AbuDhabiYachts.com
AlReemIslandMortgage.com
AlReemislandMortgages.com
EmiratesIslands.com
ReemIslandAttractions.com
ReemIslandSouk.com
ReemIslandSouq.com
YasAutoraceSchool.com
YasAutoracingSchool.com
YasDrivingSchool.com
YasIslandAttractions.com
YasIslandAutorace.com
YasIslandAutoraces.com
YasIslandAutoracing.com
YasIslandCondo.com
YasIslandCondos.com
YasIslandGolf.com
YasIslandMalls.com
YasIslandRaceCars.com
YasIslandRacetrack.com
YasIslandRacingSchool.com
YasIslandShopping.com
YasIslandTravel.com
YasIslandVacation.com
YasRaceCars.com
YasRacingSchool.com

Nice reg! :)

I like YasIslandTravel.com

•••
It's almost unthinkable that nobody grabbed ReemIsle.com until just now! I couldn't resist after reading this article.

"...a residential, commercial and business project to be built on the natural island of Al Reem Isle, located off the northeastern coast of Abu Dhabi city."

Boo-yah!!!

•••
briman1970 said:
It's almost unthinkable that nobody grabbed ReemIsle.com until just now! I couldn't resist after reading this article.

"...a residential, commercial and business project to be built on the natural island of Al Reem Isle, located off the northeastern coast of Abu Dhabi city."

Boo-yah!!!

ReemIsle.com is good, but they wont be calling it Reem Isle, they are calling it ReemIsland. But still that name is an alternative too. :)

Al Reem Island, previously referred to as 'Abu Al Shuoom', 'The Pearl' and 'Emirates Pearl Island', is a residential, commercial and business project to be built on the natural island of Al Reem Isle, located off the northeastern coast of Abu Dhabi city.

•••
these names still up for grabs

ReemDirectory*com
ReemGuide*com
ReemToday*com

•••
Boy, you folks are persuasive! I went out and got me a few. I especially like the future prospects for the "theaters/theatres" ones...

ALREEMTHEATERS.COM
ALREEMTHEATRES.COM
SAADIYATTHEATERS.COM
SAADIYATTHEATRES.COM
YASTHEATERS.COM
YASTHEATRES.COM

SAADIYATCLUBS.COM
SAADIYATISLANDCLUBS.COM
YASCLUBS.COM
YASISLANDCLUBS.COM

REEMRENTALS.COM
SAADIYATISLANDRENTALS.COM
YASRENTALS.COM
YASISLANDRENTALS.COM

SAADIYATISLANDJOBS.COM
YASISLANDJOBS.COM

I don't like .BIZ, but I couldn't pass this up:

ALREEM.BIZ

And I do like .MOBI, so I picked up a couple:

SAADIYATRESORTS.MOBI
YASRESORTS.MOBI

And on a related note:
UAETRAVELAGENCY.COM
DUBAIJOBNETWORK.COM
UAEJOBNETWORK.COM

•••
I searched for a while and finally decided not to register any names, because I'm short on money right now.
These are a few I considered, take if you want ;)

ALREEMSECURITY.COM
ALREEMTAXI.COM
REEMTAXI.COM
REEMSECURITY.COM
REEMISLANDSECURITY.COM
ALREEMCLUB.COM
REEMCLUB.COM
ALREEMCARRENTAL.COM
REEMCAR.COM
REEMRENTAL.COM
ALREEMRENTAL.COM
REEMISLANDCAR.COM
REEMCARRENT.COM
ALREEMCARS.COM
REEMCARS.COM
REEMCARRENTAL.COM
REEMRESORT.COM
ALREEMRESORT.COM
REEMISLANDHOUSE.COM
REEMISLANDS.COM
REEMISLANDOFFICE.COM

•••
I have regged YasIslandCircuit.com about a month or two ago, official name of the F1 track.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back