Dynadot

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wonder if any of the rich guys out in that part of the world would be interested in my 1996 pearl:

United-Arab-Emirates.com :)

Developed, it could go to the top of the engines

•••
Hi guys, did you hear that the NASA is planning to build a twin of cape Canaveral in the UAE?

•••
yeah, I have heard, only haven't seen any detailed information which could help in finding associated domains...

•••
Here is an interesting comparison:

The "Official Dubai Domain Name Thread" was started on 2-9-07, almost 8 MONTHS ago-- and has 2828 views and 137 replies.

This Reem/Abu Dhabi thread was started on 9-15-07, just 2.5 WEEKS ago-- and has 2933 views and 177 replies.

Conclusion: Reem/Abu Dhabi has ARRIVED!

•••
Dont get me wrong, Al Reem is definitely an interesting project, but check the OVT of Dubai, then if we go through the projects: Burj Dubai, Dubailand, Jebel Ali, Palm Jumeirah, Palm Deirah, JLT etc that are all under construction you'll see that the current potential is much bigger in Dubai domains.

•••
Tetra,

If you look at ALL Abu Dhabi projects: Reem, Yas, Al Raha, Green
Gateway, Warner Bros., Nascar, Zero Carbon City, Saadiyat, etc., etc. you will see that Abu Dhabi is catching up with Dubai. And please note I am a HUGE Dubai fan and own many Dubai names, but Abu Dhabi is coming on the scene FAST and should not be taken lightly.

•••
tetrapak said:
Dont get me wrong, Al Reem is definitely an interesting project, but check the OVT of Dubai, then if we go through the projects: Burj Dubai, Dubailand, Jebel Ali, Palm Jumeirah, Palm Deirah, JLT etc that are all under construction you'll see that the current potential is much bigger in Dubai domains.
Don't forget that the OVT you're seeing now is months old as well. The Dubai stuff has been in the news longer...

•••
My Reem IDN is getting minimal traffic. For an IDN and a non-keyword term, I'd say woo hoo.

•••
tetrapak said:

Agree completely.

I'm incidentally not invested in any of these types of names, just my genuine opinion.

•••
tetrapak said:

Well you know Good Dubai Domains have been around and taken for some time now.
So for an investor, when it comes to getting UAE names, he has two options:

1. Take leftover "okay" Dubai Domains.
2. Take Great Keyword Abu Dhabi (Reem, Yas etc) domains.

Well lets say Dubai domains have like 1 million people interested in them. Abu Dhabi has like 100K (10% of Dubai). Tell me which ones will have a higher value and get sold quickly???

Moderate Quality Dubai Domains like whats left now (DubaiTravelsCheap) OR Great Keyword genuine premiums (like ReemProperty etc) domains?

Its not only a matter of favorites, its also a matter of choice between available ones.

Just my opinion on that one

Last edited:
•••
Dubai vs. Abu Dhabi

Look, the bottom line is this:

Abu Dhabi has loads of Mega-Projects going on right now on the scale of the best Dubai projects.

Abu Dhabi will be investing over $1,000,000,000,000 (one TRILLION DOLLARS) in projects over the next 2 decades.

Abu Dhabi is RICHER THAN DUBAI.

Abu Dhabi has an incredible expansion plan going into effect: Plan Abu Dhabi 2030.

Large established brands such as NASCAR, Warner Bros., Guggenheim, and many, many others are going with Abu Dhabi.

Yes, right now Dubai is the better known Emirate--but so what--things can change, and with all the cash Abu Dhabi is putting into projects and all it will pump into massive advertising campaigns it will become as well known as Dubai and may even surpass it.

Own both Abu Dhabi and Dubai domains = WIN-WIN.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with $$Domainer, personally I would much rather own high quality Abu Dhabi domains than mediocre Dubai ones IMHO..

•••
only problem for domainers on this site is that Abu Dhabi is many years behind Dubai at this point in the game.

Ie. al reem island is to be completed in 2015 or something like that, that's a long time to wait to see any potential return.

•••
Smith said:
only problem for domainers on this site is that Abu Dhabi is many years behind Dubai at this point in the game.

Ie. al reem island is to be completed in 2015 or something like that, that's a long time to wait to see any potential return.

Worth the wait imho.

For only couple hundred dollars / year in buying/renewing premium names like abu dhabi/dubai names, I'm willing to take the risk.

•••
Smith said:

I see this as opportunity to be part of the development process! By developing domains, providing information to the rest of the world about what is going on there and learning myself. I actually think this will be more interesting (and profitable) than just buying domain names about a place I've never been, and hoping they will sell.

•••
Smith,

Are any of the Palm Island projects finished yet?? Is Dubailand finished yet?? Is Meydan City finished yet?? Is Dubai Space City finished yet?? In fact many, many Dubai-Mega Projects are unfinished. And some like Hydropolis and the Ski Dome project have been CANCELLED.

Reem Island is selling condos NOW and by 2008 will be selling lots of real estate with the completion of Addax Port. By 2009 the HUGE Marina Square part of Reem will be complete which will contain 14 highrise waterfront towers including Tala Tower, Marina Heights and the 43 story Ocean Terrace Residence. Reem is developing in STAGES. And lots is going on RIGHT NOW with lots more coming VERY SOON, and way, way before 2015.

•••
$$Domainer said:
Smith,

Are any of the Palm Island projects finished yet?? Is Dubailand finished yet?? Is Meydan City finished yet?? Is Dubai Space City finished yet?? In fact many, many Dubai-Mega Projects are unfinished. And some like Hydropolis and the Ski Dome project have been CANCELLED.

Reem Island is selling condos NOW and by 2008 will be selling lots of real estate with the completion of Addax Port. By 2009 the HUGE Marina Square part of Reem will be complete which will contain 14 highrise waterfront towers including Tala Tower, Marina Heights and the 43 story Ocean Terrace Residence. Reem is developing in STAGES. And lots is going on RIGHT NOW with lots more coming VERY SOON, and way, way before 2015.

hmm guess its about time i developed my
AlReemIsland.net
RemmIsland.org
ReemHomes.com ;)

•••
Not to mention that the Abu Dhabi projects, if I'm not mistaken, are being built on already existing land -- they don't have to build the islands first! :lol:

•••
$$Domainer said:
Smith,

What you are talking about is a fraction of what is going on in dubai (where I actually live and see daily), the scale of development is massive and hard to comprehend without actually seeing it.

I've seen al reem island, it's a flat patch of sand right now.

Oh and everywhere sells condos etc before they have broke ground, sometimes a couple years in advance, thats just how it's done here.

•••
ssamriga said:
yeah, I have heard, only haven't seen any detailed information which could help in finding associated domains...

yeah well I was just kidding...but it seems that everybody took that seriously :'(

I just wanted to underline the fact that it seems that there is EVERYTHING in the UAE

•••
italiandragon said:
yeah well I was just kidding...but it seems that everybody took that seriously :'(

I just wanted to underline the fact that it seems that there is EVERYTHING in the UAE

lol, I could swear I saw info somewhere about Space port/ rocket launching project in middle East...

•••
Smith said:
What you are talking about is a fraction of what is going on in dubai (where I actually live and see daily), the scale of development is massive and hard to comprehend without actually seeing it.

I've seen al reem island, it's a flat patch of sand right now.

Oh and everywhere sells condos etc before they have broke ground, sometimes a couple years in advance, thats just how it's done here.

Smith,

Please list all the FULLY COMPLETED Dubai Mega-Projects. And how are the Palm Islands only a "small fraction" of development in Dubai?? How is Dubailand only a "small fraction" of development of what is being built in Dubai?? Again, list ALL FULLY COMPLETE Mega-Projects in Dubai.

Furthermore, I don't know what you are looking at but there is massive construction going on at Reem Island right NOW.

•••
italiandragon said:

Heard of the University they are creating solely for new energy study? or the $350 million Solar Power Plant?? Check out my blog (in sig) for more :)

•••
Smith said:

Apartments are being leased now. More housing is slated for rental/leasing in 2008. People are already moving/visiting there. The fact that there will be ongoing developing projects there until 2015 will not slow down the need for sites.

•••
For anyone interested in doing research to see how projects are getting on in Dubai & Abu Dhabi I recommend taking a look at -

skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=377

There's also a thread about AlReem :)

arnie said:
wonder if any of the rich guys out in that part of the world would be interested in my 1996 pearl:

United-Arab-Emirates.com :)

Developed, it could go to the top of the engines

Nice, would be a great one to develop !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back