Dynadot

[Beware / Warning] New GoDaddy Hack attempt email going around

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Received this email on a couple of different accounts:

--------------------------------------
Email subject: Status Alert: Your account contains more than 9740 directories.
Dear Valued GoDaddy Customer.

Your account contains more than 937 directories and may pose a potential performance risk to the server.
Please reduce the number of directories for your account to prevent possible account deactivation.

In order to prevent your account from being locked out we recommend that you create special tmp directory

Use link below:

-------------------------------------

Then it appears to be a normal godaddy link using <a href> but it redirects to swtest.ru (Don't click there)

They disguised their click-thru link good too by putting (DO "NOT" CLICK THIS LINK) (www).godaddy.com.asp.2949482983982928theirsite.ru (DO "NOT" CLICK THIS LINK)

Could maybe have fooled some newcomers.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That arrived in my Gmail spam folder this morning.. and luckily, I'm saavy enough not to have clicked but they'll unfortunately catch many who aren't wise to that ruse.

•••
Had this one this the morning too,

It alarming enough if you look at link it self in ends with .ru (Russia) realised immediately it's scum ;)

•••
Just received one very close to that one, although they edit some of the text apparently. Don't forget to report it as spam/scam to your provider if you have one, hopefully the email providers will react.

•••
Can't create a new thread..
Today I received:
domainrrs.net.jpg

Overview for domainrrs.net
Registrar Info
NameGUANGDONG NAISINIKE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
Whois Serverwhois.iisp.com
Referral URLhttp://www.iisp.com
StatusclientDeleteProhibited, clientTransferProhibited
Important Dates
Expires OnOctober 15, 2015
Registered OnOctober 15, 2014
Updated OnOctober 15, 2014
Name Servers
f1g1ns1.dnspod.net122.225.217.192
f1g1ns2.dnspod.net180.153.162.150

Raw Registrar Data
Domain Name: domainrrs.net
Registry Domain ID: D201410151084311-COM
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.iisp.com
Registrar URL: http://www.iisp.com
Updated Date: 2014-10-15
Creation Date: 2014-10-15
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-10-15
Registrar: ZhuHai NaiSiNiKe Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 1619
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
ade52b975a91a3b.png
@nicenic.net
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.0756-3366365-808
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: NICE-2014480962
Registrant Name: deng yong
Registrant Organization: deng yong
Registrant Street: guang dong sheng zhu hai shi xiang zhou qu cui xiang jie dao 5 5 2 1 hao
Registrant City: ZhuHai
Registrant State/Province: GD
Registrant Postal Code: 519000
Registrant Country: CN
Registrant Phone: +86.075622586651
Registrant Fax: +86.075622586651
Registrant Email:
bbda24ed2a2caff.png
@hotmail.com
Registry Admin ID: NICE-2014480962
Admin Name: deng yong
Admin Organization: deng yong
Admin Street: guang dong sheng zhu hai shi xiang zhou qu cui xiang jie dao 5 5 2 1 hao
Admin City: ZhuHai
Admin State/Province: GD
Admin Postal Code: 519000
Admin Country: CN
Admin Phone: +86.075622586651
Admin Fax: +86.075622586651
Admin Email:
bbda24ed2a2caff.png
@hotmail.com
Registry Tech ID: NICE-2014480962
Tech Name: deng yong
Tech Organization: deng yong
Tech Street: guang dong sheng zhu hai shi xiang zhou qu cui xiang jie dao 5 5 2 1 hao
Tech City: ZhuHai
Tech State/Province: GD
Tech Postal Code: 519000
Tech Country: CN
Tech Phone: +86.075622586651
Tech Fax: +86.075622586651
Tech Email:
bbda24ed2a2caff.png
@hotmail.com
Name Server: F1G1NS1.DNSPOD.NET
Name Server: F1G1NS2.DNSPOD.NET

•••
•••
I've never seen a legit .ru site in my life. As far as I can tell, .ru is always a scam. Why would GoDaddy ever use a .ru? It has a .com!

•••
They illegally steal your info from a public whois, Jules. They are breaking law, but it's not like they care. They'd murder or rape a child if it got them money.

•••
They illegally steal your info from a public whois, Jules. They are breaking law, but it's not like they care. They'd murder or rape a child if it got them money.

This email address was a .net in fact it was this one domainrss . net i googled it and it directed me to this website. Scary how they get my info. Annoying, I'm glad I'm a little bit on the ball with suspicious emails + I've never paid for an SEO service via the net in dollars. my web hosting company said they'd never heard of this company therefore they cannot email me to tell me anything to do with my domain has expired because only they can do that.

•••
This email address was a .net in fact it was this one domainrss . net i googled it and it directed me to this website. Scary how they get my info. Annoying, I'm glad I'm a little bit on the ball with suspicious emails + I've never paid for an SEO service via the net in dollars. my web hosting company said they'd never heard of this company therefore they cannot email me to tell me anything to do with my domain has expired because only they can do that.
They are scam scam scam lol. Don't click on any links or open any attachments.

•••
Who seriously still click on links in emails?!

•••
Don't post your domains here (on NamePros) or anywhere else.

•••
It's from a whois scan. If your whois info is public, you are guaranteed to get these kinda things eventually. Best thing you can do is use private registrations (they usually cost a bit).

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back