IT.COM

GoDaddy PHISHING email - BEWARE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I received two emails today claiming to be from GoDaddy. It looks just like a GoDaddy email. The link included in this passage was to xxxxxxxx.tebbs.cl and not GoDaddy.

=======================
Dear Customer,

This notification is generated automatically as a service to you.
Because of unusual number of invalid login attempts on you account, we had to believe that, their might be some security problem on you account. So we have decided to put an extra verification process to ensure your identity and your account security.
Please click on sign in to domain servers to continue to the verification process and ensure your account security. It is all about your security. Thank you. and visit the customer service section.

please contact us within 1 days.

If you need to address this matter, or in any way need further assistance or technical support, call us any time at (480) 505-8877 or email us at [email protected]. We appreciate your business!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Matt -

I got this one today too...

Lately, I just assume every single email I get is a scam.

It's quite sad really.

Regards,
Jennifer

•••
i assume thats why the just recently fixed their log in fields since the makeover! but
wow this looks like they want you to call to get your info
did they have any links in the email??
i have yet to get any godaddy phishing emails knock knock oh dam thats not wood knock :)
but if i did i rarely click on links in email unless its a email i was expecting
thanks for the headz up!

•••
Jennifer said:
Hi Matt -

I got this one today too...

Lately, I just assume every single email I get is a scam.

It's quite sad really.

Regards,
Jennifer

Godaddy isn't a scam? :hehe:

•••
well I got this mail once too but its not a scam they want to check whether its really us who tried to login and logout of the account, its just a security measure.

•••
praveen1 said:
well I got this mail once too but its not a scam they want to check whether its really us who tried to login and logout of the account, its just a security measure.

Did you even read the post above ?

•••
Grammatical Errors = Red Flags

There are just too many grammatical errors in their email for it to be believable. Errors aside, just don't ever click on any links in any email about one of your password-protected accounts.

•••
Thanks for warning, we would take care

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back