IT.COM

Beware of Rebel.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Key

Established Member
Impact
One of my domain was auto renewed earlier this year. I contacted Rebel.com support and ask them to cancel my renewal as it was set to auto renewal mistakenly. Also there is no option to disable auto renewal. Support team helped me cancel that renewal and refunded my payment. Then i asked why there is no option to disable auto renewal. They enabled it for my account. Even though it should've been enabled in the first place, still I was quite happy with support.

But with my recent experience, i think they're turned into money grab fraud. One of my domain was set to expire on Nov 05, 2017. I logged-in on Rebel.com on same day Nov 05, around 4:00AM EST. It was showing expired message and all options were disabled. There was only a single button for Recovery. I thought it would take me to next page but my domain got auto renewed as soon as i clicked on it. I received thank you message with a receipt $25.19 which includes $5 recovery fee, 19.99 for renewal and $0.20 ICANN fee.

I contacted Rebel.com support and ask them to please cancel my renewal and give me authorization code, i would like to transfer this domain. I got reply after 2 hours from "James" and he said.

Thank you for contacting Rebel. We are pleased to assist you with your inquiry.

I sent across the authorization code as requested. It went to your admin email address on the domain.

As per my inquiry, renewal should've been cancelled. So i thought and thanked him. I transferred my domain to namesilo and i just noticed $25.64 charge on my card (including transaction fee). I checked my domain on namesilo and its renewed till 11/05/2019.

Rebel.com support completely ignored my actual request to cancel renewal and instead sent me authorization code. Which i could've done by myself after that fraud renewal and recovery fee.

I'm glad i transferred all my domains last week. I would like everyone to beware of rebel.com and transfer your domains as soon as possible or you would end up paying high renewal fee + recovery fee like me.

This is how it was looking on renewal day. No other option.

OfufyS-3QEmvH7N2b3OC4Q.png

Here are the emails.

Spgzeng1RZyBkOND1IPYog.png
wjCvTjxnToO9lXFx5Q9RKA.png

uOH-PnDATLu_k8oJFKbgDA.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back