alert Beware of greedy member

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hi everyone,

Beware of this new member https://www.namepros.com/members/matthewpataki.1069608 who created this thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/inherited-a-lot-of-domains-2500-looking-for-guidance.1325155

I discussed with him about some of his domains and he agreed to sell some of his domains and kept changing his stance multiple times on selling those domains, availability and prices as well. I've blocked this guy at WhatsApp and wanted to inform you guys to avoid dealing with this cheap and greedy person.

It's a risk to do business with him. You never know that you'll pay the agreed amount + escrow fees and later he backs out, you'll end up losing at least the escrow fees and your valuable time.

Thanks for reading and be careful whom to deal with around.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not sure how much of a "lowball' the offer really is.

Most of the domains on the list are the type I would offer a few hundred dollars each for.

I decided not to get involved because of the circumstances. I didn't want to deal with someone who has recently inherited domains, likely knows nothing about the field, and is probably dealing with grief from the loss.

Brad
I saw the thread and saw the sharks circling.

I knew this would happen and stayed well clear of the chaos and maelstrom.

It must have been a lowball for him to be this angry over 2 domains.

•••
One thing that popped out in your past was:

If you list a name for sale, no one is taking advantage of you.

I stopped rightthere, thinking did Matthew ever list any of his domians for sale like with prices? Or was he basically sending out a list of his inherited domians saying offers welcomed.

Anyways, it's free fry friday at McDonalds! 🍔🍟🥤

I did ramble and I get what you mean as I hit reply I thought oh some spacing.

I think you know I have been here a long time, helped a lot of people for free, wasted hours with ingrates. I don't want to see Matthew screwed or Abdul. It seems like different people are falling along different lines based on their experience, success and net worth.

If you list a name for sale, no one is taking advantage of you. If you say CVCV.com any decent one, $750, and I say sold, ok I know while posting sold you undersold it, but am I supposed to say hey Chris, I will give you $1,500 because you underpriced it, don't want people thinking I am a shark. It's quite different if you had make offer and I knew you were a florist who just wanted to get rid of an old company domain like Govo.com and I am like $500 ok, ok, how do you want to be paid? Hurry up let me know. Ok I am a shark I am taking advantage of you. Which many in this business support, you know like some of the all time legends who used to pretend they were college students emailing private owners.

I was surprised to read this thread because after reading the initial thread about having these names, it seemed like Grit got the two gems to broker and others were like oh wow I feel bad or you inherited a liability. I did not know there were that many good names not great but good. But I think every investor is looking for the best deal. I agree you have to know people not experienced might be finicky and change their minds.

I always told my younger siblings and coworkers, want to see someone get smart about a topic they previously had no knowledge of? Let money enter the discussion, they will get real smart, real fast.

This thread has me exhausted. Starting to get a drama headache. Might be time for me to flame out. I'll try to read/respond to your full post later, but for now lunch calls.

Last edited:
•••
“repeatedly backtracked” means I told him that foreverphoto was under a brokerage agreement with Grit and that I couldn’t move forward with the sale

And please note— this was never an actual agreement. It was an ongoing discussion
Can I ask how did this conversation start? How did he know what you owned? He got a big list like @BaileyUK said someone dm'd him in the original thread?

•••
I am not sure how much of a "lowball' the offer really is.

Most of the domains on the list are the type I would offer a few hundred dollars each for.

I decided not to get involved because of the circumstances. I didn't want to deal with someone who has recently inherited domains, likely knows nothing about the field, and is probably dealing with grief from the loss.

Brad
He was originally asking for pgg, bodyart, girlfriends, etc.

Thankfully I had a few helpful conversations before engaging with someone of his nature

•••

I stopped rightthere, thinking did Matthew ever list any of his domians for sale like with prices? Or was he basically sending out a list of his inherited domians saying offers welcomed.

This thread has me exhausted. Starting to get a drama headache. Might be time for me to flame out. I'll try to read/respond to your full post later, but for now lunch calls.
Night time in Blighty.

Enjoy your maccy dees

•••

Thankfully I had a few helpful conversations before engaging with someone of his nature
I bet he did

•••
Really?not anger at being ab;e to buy his domains at way low prices?
It's not about the price. It's about an honor. He agreed to sell for a certain price and then backtracked because he got a better offer. Repeated the same thing for another domain for which I remained silent thinking he is new to this business but once the same pattern was repeated again, that's when I decided is enough and won't deal with him. He should've honoured the deal after the written agreement on WhatApp. That's it.

•••

Right and that's what I am not sure of, I just asked Matthew how did this conversation start? Like how did you two meet.

Lunch??? I have not had lunch or dinner, apparently last Friday night I did not feel well and then I think I went out my Sister thought I was dead, I was like no just a little dehydration.

•••

I asked for the prices on those mentioned domains and didn't offer any price on them myself.

•••
Where is the goFundJohn that one can donate to everytime @jberryhill is tagged on namePros?
Did you check below the screen?

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

•••
@jberryhill Your a namepros'er of strong moral fiber. Are you going to chime into the debate?

•••
Honestly, I find peace knowing that no part of my uncles estate will be going into Abdul’s hands

Even if my name gets dragged through the mud, because I was unwilling to transact quickly during my first 3 weeks of business operation, so be it.

This is your community, not mine. And I’m grateful for that.

Last edited:
•••

I assume PGG is the .ORG, as that is listed with Grit as are the other (2) in .COM.

BodyArt and Girlfriends are obviously great domains. I doubt he offered $200 for them.

As far as a decent LLL.org, you can easily find them for high $XXX range.

For instance, SEDO has (293) LLL.org under $1K. Dan.com has (222) in the same range.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Honestly, I find peace knowing that no part of my uncles estate will be going into Abdul’s hands

Even if my name gets dragged through the mud, because I was unwilling to transact quickly during my first 3 weeks of business operation, so be it.

This is your community, not mine. And I’m grateful for that.
I will ask again how did you two meet? How did the conversation first start?

•••
One correction I would like to make before I officially leave (consider this my binding agreement) for lunch, is:

Beware of Greedy Low-Baller Abdul Basit: A Wolf in Sheep's clothing

I don't think it was fair of me to call him a low-baller without seeing the chatlog.

Everything else, greedy, and a wolf in sheep's clothing still rings true though.

Perhaps if the title of this thread is changed, I may think differently.

Last edited:
•••
@jberryhill

I assume John views this as nonsense, not worthy of a serious response. We have important stuff happening in this world, and Abdul gets his panties in a twist and slanders a random person, because that person wised up before being taken advantage by Abdul the SHARK.

Last edited:
•••
No Matthew. He will delete it only when you:
1. Give him all of your domains for $150
2. Name your first born child after him
3. Let him sleep in your house
4. Kiss his feet

If you don't meet all of his demands, he will ensure that you can NEVER transact with other domainers as he is the authoritative figure in conducting private business.
Your comments above sound like you are jealous of Abdulbasit's success or his monthly sales reports.

Common man, you don't need that.

•••
Your comments above sound like you are jealous of Abdulbasit's success or his monthly sales reports.

Common man, you don't need that.
I don't know anything about this individual besides what is in this post nor do I track his monthly sales reports. I truly do not care.

My response is solely based on his actions here. I do not worship other men and their domain selling skills. Please get a grip and allow the shark to respond himself. He doesn't need you to white knight his actions.

Last edited:
•••
Matthew Abdul does not have the ability to delete this thread so you two can contact the mods.
Mods detest deleting threads. They prioritize content and SEO over ruining name or doxxing

Let’s test it out!
This is a sad misunderstanding.
Even edit the thread title, guys!

@Bravo Mod Team
@Echo Mod Team
@Alfa Mod Team
@NamePros
@Paul

One day, i hope you return and tell us you sold your uncle’s inheritance for.

At first, i didnt believe u inherited anything… I believed you were baiting us. If they were domains; i didnt believe you got close to 2,500; or any valuable. This thread proved that wrong; and for that; i apologize.
My favorite domain is girlfriends.

I pray you resolve your misunderstanding and know not everyone believes you are bad guy. I think both parties are too blame; and one is getting hurt more than the other…

I’m sad if you never post here again;
we all love domains and you seem like a nice guy; just with no experience.

Your NP thread helped you launch & get offers; even selling with grit; and helped more than hurt. I pray it’s not too late to fix this. Good luck!
To both of you.

I actually see both sides.
Such crazy story; we need an unbiased judge. We need namepros courts.

I “@“ all mods; and @Paul see what they think.

Last edited:
•••
So Funny, Abdul or one of his minions, or both, just went through all my posts and down voted each one by one.

The goods news - My impact score means nothing to me. I have a real life.

I'm just glad that Abdul was able to show his true colors today. He is not to be trusted.

•••
•••
we need NamePros courts
Wise words.

In the meantime, @Bob Hawkes might write some practical and comprehensive articles one time about domain estate planning, and a practical checklist for those who inherit domains.

•••

Free fries I don't think they have that here.

•••
I think the Seller is paranoid and inexperienced. He doesn't want to sell his inheritance quickly.

He may be buying time to gather surface knowledge about domain industry as fast as possible.

And then ready to sell the domains at his own price.
I don't think it's paranoia I think the initial thread was always going to be wild after you look for advice from so many.

What do you think Greenerdays.com or Demonsoft.com is worth, I bet everyone in this thread will be different and some by a wide margin. Now greenerdays.com we know the market has spoken six times on that name. https://namebio.com/greenerdays.com
Look how all over the place those prices are 2021 was interesting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back