NameSilo

Beware of DropWalk.com Registrar.

Labeled as alert in Warnings and Alerts started by manish175, Mar 26, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. manish175

manish175 Established Member

Hi,

I acquired a domain using snapnames and it was transferred to DropWalk.com registrar. My domain expired on 11th March and as soon as it expired, within 4 days it was stolen from my account and moved to Network Solutions with Whois Privacy on. I never received any authorization for transferring out the domain.

Beware using them. Have informed SnapNames to blacklist them

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Lord Antares

Lord Antares Top Member VIP

What's the deal with network solutions? Whenever there's a scam, it involves them.

3. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Member VIP

I think that's the deal right there.

4. TERADOMAIN

TERADOMAIN TeraDomain.com VIP

Seems like Thats final destination for all stolen items and resell to someone due to various loopholes in the system. Hahahaah

5. Acroplex

Acroplex Top Member DomainGang.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Doing some research doesn't hurt.

Dropwalk is an ICANN accredited registrar that is used by SnapNames as a drop-catching registrar. They have others as well. Each entity is separate in order to be allocated the maximum resources with the registry (e.g. Verisign for .com domains) when a domain drops and registrars compete to get it.

SnapNames is owned by Web.com, that owns Network Solutions. If you had gone to Dropwalk.com you'd see where it points to.

In other words: contact NetSol support to reinstate your domain. It is definitely not stolen.

6. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

7. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Top Member VIP

And yet another Netsol story.

8. Steven McEvoy

Steven McEvoy CommGiant.com eCommerce community VIP

The real question here is why didnt you just renew the domain, if you wanted to keep it?

9. Acroplex

Acroplex Top Member DomainGang.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

10. manish175

manish175 Established Member

Hi,

Yes. Dropwalk.com is part of Web.com, The actual website i am told is myportalexpress.com and not DropWalk.com. Got the domain transferred out successfully but had to contact SnapNames support team to help me out. MyPortalExpress.com doesn't even have a contact info so there is no way to contact them. If you are stuck, contact Web.com Support and they should be able to help you out.

Again, I would never use such registrars but someone domains you win in the backorder gets transferred to such companies.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice