IT.COM

Best place to buy domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Were do you guys/girls get your domain names? And for how much!

Thanks for your help :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
buying

IMO, the best place to buy and sell domains would be forums. Name Pros is one of them, i am a newbie to this reselling and have found Namepros to be extremely useful.
Just post a type of domain in Wanted forum and you can definitely expect some posts.

Good Luck and Welcome to Name Pros.

•••
Personally, I get many of them right here in the "Sales threads":

Forum: http://www.namepros.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=4

How much depends on the domain name, naturally ... and how much you're willing to spend for any particular domain(s). I've purchased them for a few bucks, and also several $100's.
The Sales Forum is extremely professional and serious ... and ALL bids/offers are binding on the respective parties.

PS. While you're there, check out MY current "Auction". ;)
PPS. Welcome to Namepros, hilljd00.

•••
Thanks for the welcome. Its just I know the domain name i want atm. Its not taken. I just want to know were I can register it cheap... So far the cheapest I have found is:
.com = £5.44 p.a
.co.uk £1.99 p.a

To change the currency use: http://www.xe.com

This domain I want is only to be registered for one yr, to see if its going to be worth buying for longer.

P.S... I am also intrested in becoming a reseller :)
I have also forgotten what else I wanted to say :(

•••
Originally posted by hilljd00
P.S... I am also intrested in becoming a reseller :)
I have also forgotten what else I wanted to say :(

Take a deep breath ... and Namepros member "Biggie" will address some of your questions when he's on in the "Enom Reseller" thread here in this section. He's a GREAT NP'r!!. :)

www.enom.com

•••
ok thanks... Its just I want to be able to buy/sell domains to family and friends. I have my own hosting server. (so if anyone out their needs hosting, PM me :))

•••
Re: Best place to buy domains?

Were do you guys/girls get your domain names? And for how much!

Thanks for your help :)

:talk: Hi .... Welcome to NamePros!

Many domainers use several methods of prospecting potential domain names.

ie: forums,google/yahoo groups,ebay and expired listing services,
like pool,snapnames,namewinner to name a few.

As for domain registrations, majority I've seen for reseller applications are Enom,Godaddy,Registerfly,Dotster and others.

Of those listed above I can only recommend Enom and registerfly as those are the only one's I've used, except Directnic, which are a little higher for registration fees.

If you interested in acquiring an Enom reseller account, I can set one up for you with $8.95 pricing for .com/net/org/us/info/biz domain registrations/transfers and renewals.
With a reseller account from Enom, you can set-up your own domain registration site, to sell domains to your family and friends, and set your own prices, above you basic cost of $8.95.

Let me know if interested!

•••
Thanks for your help. For that I must rate you good :) :) :)

•••
Originally posted by biggie
If you interested in acquiring an Enom reseller account, I can set one up for you with $8.95 pricing for .com/net/org/us/info/biz domain registrations/transfers and renewals.
With a reseller account from Enom, you can set-up your own domain registration site, to sell domains to your family and friends, and set your own prices, above you basic cost of $8.95.
Are there any costs to a reseller account, e.g $25 a month, or something along those lines? Any minimum sales?

Thanks!

•••
Originally posted by Kings
Are there any costs to a reseller account, e.g $25 a month, or something along those lines? Any minimum sales?

Thanks!

No other cost to have a reseller account. No minimum sales requirements.

Please come to chat room!

Thanks for your help. For that I must rate you good :) :) :)

Thanks for the rating.......Also I sell doamin names too, at reasonable prices!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Look carefully :p their provided by enom :) lol

•••
Originally posted by biggie
No other cost to have a reseller account. No minimum sales requirements.

Please come to chat room!
Thanks, and chat room? You've got me slightly confused. Are you talking about that other thread? :-/

•••
no. Look at the bootom of the homepage, above were it says if you have a PM. It says chatroom! :) Hope this helps

•••
I register my domain names at godaddy.com

•••
Look carefully :p their provided by enom :) lol

*scratches head* is that a bad thing?

Yoinks I forgot to mention that my domain is from enom. I'm kinda hoping it's not a bad thing here.

•••
I use enom and namecheap, but if you're looking for really cheap domains try registering at http://rackshack.com
You can get one there for $5.00 + tax (I haven't used their service myself though.)

•••
I personally like namecheap $8.88, even less with the coupons

•••
No! Enom is not a bad thing. im just saying their a enom reseller.

•••
I use godaddy.com for $8.95 per .COM, .NET, and . ORG
I like their interface and the ease of transferring a domain.

•••
Namecheap are $8.88 and very good support :)

•••
Originally posted by jj2ii3344
I use godaddy.com for $8.95 per .COM, .NET, and . ORG
I like their interface and the ease of transferring a domain.

GoDaddy transfers "pushes" drive me bonkers (versus Enom), IMHO. Just an observation. :)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
GoDaddy transfers "pushes" drive me bonkers (versus Enom), IMHO. Just an observation. :)

I agree. I've also had problems with godaddy in the past.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back