IT.COM

advice Best Marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blast

Established Member
Impact
I'm new to buying and selling domain names, I've been buying a few domain names and I want to sell them, so I've been researching the best places to sell my domains and don't know which one is better, also which one in terms of the transaction between buyer and seller is good (security and other things). I've looked into Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy and Flippa but can't figure out which one to go with. Any advice from you guys would be helpful since it would be my first time selling a domain. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no "best market place." Every market has its own speciality. Do your research and figure what is selling in that market and list your names accordingly.

•••
So as a rookie that I am for my first sale what would you recommend that I go with? Also if you buy a domain from goddady or namejet and I post it on a marketplace to sell it; and it sells. Can I transfer the domain to the buyer or I have to wait 60 days then I can sell the domain? How does that work?

•••
Take advantage of the search feature. You'll discover all sorts of answers to your questions. You can even kickstart old threads, perhaps squeeze some fresh juice into them.

Those platforms you mentioned all have their own pros and cons. The best marketplace is the one that works best for you. Really the only way to discover that is by getting your own experience at them.

Your last question is jumping all over the place..but from what I gather, yes you have to wait 60 days to transfer away, but not for an internal transfer. But you can post a name for sale whenever you want.

Consider doing some serious reading for the next few weeks on how transfers work, and in particular, how they work with your registrars or aftermarket company.

Best of Luck

•••
•••
There is no "best" marketplace. List your names absolutely everywhere and get an efty account to showcase your portfolio.

By "everywhere" I mean:

Afternic
Godaddy
Sedo
Uniregistry
HuntingMoon
4.cn
Cax
Flippa

The more places you list the more eyes on your names. The more likely you will get some offers or price requests.

•••
Thanks for the help guys.

•••
Post them everywhere, try not to pay listing fees either.

Make sure they are set to make offer because if you use Buy it Now on more than 1 place you might sell the name twice and could end up in legal trouble if someone pursues it.

When you sell a name, go delete it from all the other places so you don't forget later.

•••
Ok, that's a good point to keep in mind. So what do you suggest based on your expirience, place the domain on auction or make offer?

•••
The marketplace is unimportant. What is important is the quality of the domain name.

If you have a good name, people will look for it and they will find you, no matter where the domain parked (or hosted). The venues like Sedo etc have millions of domain names listed, that nobody wants.
So exposure is not the problem. Domain quality is.

I mean, domainers focus too much on how to sell the domain, whereas they should instead focus on acquiring adequate inventory.

•••
I agree with you. Thanks. One question though. What seems to work or what is the best strategy, having my domain portfolio at efty or just parking the domains at Sedo and sell them through them?.

•••
I personally don't like brandbucket. Listing fees combined with unreal commission rates don't leave much for the seller.

Be suspicious of anywhere that charges listing fees.

Just my opinion.

•••
•••
I think Efty is a good marketplace. AND ITS FREE (well almost). But I for one would like to see some of your best names, so we could advise you better.

•••
think its great to list your name in as many marketplaces as possible. marketplaces partner with hosting companies and other services to get you the most exposure so why not leverage all of them

•••
NameTrading coming soon!

•••
Create your own Portfolio Platform?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back