IT.COM

question Best landing page?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which landing/parking service is the best to handle sale leads

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Afternic ns1/ns2

votes
    0.0%
  • Afternic ns3/ns4

votes
    16.7%
  • Sedo

votes
    11.1%
  • Dan

votes
    33.3%
  • Uniregistry

votes
    0.0%
  • Efty

votes
    22.2%
  • Bodis

vote
    5.6%
  • Squadhelp

vote
    5.6%
  • Brandbucket

vote
    5.6%
  • Dynadot

votes
    0.0%
  • Namesilo

votes
    0.0%
  • Epik

votes
    0.0%
  • Own site

votes
    27.8%
  • Other

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Which landing site would be the best to manage leads,
make sales possible, and get an optimum price
(make offer method)?
Not talking about commission rate, or speed of payout.
These would be secondary stuff.

Knowing something about the buyer,
making sure landing pages work,
being able to choose the right asking price,
and make the sale possible, would be among main
criteria in this poll.

For me Epik was the best among I was familiar with, until recently,
and right now it is not good enough.
Dan was one of favorites in the past, right now one of the worst.
Sedo is annoying in many ways as well.
Considering using AN or Bodis, or own site.
Can't find any sufficiently acceptable landing site.
Landing is not everything, but it can make difference for some/most leads.
Marketplaces want to keep leads for themselves, not only
to prevent sales elsewhere, but most likely to be able to manipulate
sales to get much higher commission (meaning less money for seller,
and less likely sale).
Most buyers give their info knowingly, only agents/domainers/... would hide them.

Any input welcome.

(forgot to add Alter and Daaz to the poll)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is this post hidden from public? I don't see any votes.

•••
Thanks for voters. Looking for more votes.

•••
(make offer method)?

criteria in this poll.

and less likely sale).
Most buyers give their info knowingly, only agents/domainers/... would hide them.

Any input welcome.

I like afternic ns5/6 which isn’t on your list.

•••
•••
(make offer method)?

criteria in this poll.

and less likely sale).

Any input welcome.

None of them, the reason, it's not development, such 1 page landing pages get sites banned or penalized by Google

If you own major assets, just learn how to outbound, say the site is empty never used (if it's old)

Outbound sells and for way more than any platform can get

Understand the big companies that can use your keywords

Then outbound

Selling platforms all stink

•••
None of them, the reason, it's not development, such 1 page landing pages get sites banned or penalized by Google

If you own major assets, just learn how to outbound, say the site is empty never used (if it's old)

Outbound sells and for way more than any platform can get

Understand the big companies that can use your keywords

Then outbound

Selling platforms all stink
Disagreeing that all one-page landers get banned or penalized. If it's lacking in content? Agreed, but you can see some beautiful one-page landers with great content that ranks.

Even then, I can still pull up Afternic and Dan landers from Google searches.

As for landing pages, I like using my own and then seeing if they'll fill out a form to contact me or want to use a third-party(think Afternic/Godaddy/etc.), but I get to control the analytics and helps with renewal decisions.

•••
I like the old school landing pages with just a 'contact me'.

Last edited:
•••
Disagreeing that all one-page landers get banned or penalized. If it's lacking in content? Agreed, but you can see some beautiful one-page landers with great content that ranks.

Even then, I can still pull up Afternic and Dan landers from Google searches.

As for landing pages, I like using my own and then seeing if they'll fill out a form to contact me or want to use a third-party(think Afternic/Godaddy/etc.), but I get to control the analytics and helps with renewal decisions.

Well, someone posted their url above, zero alexa, zero traffic nothing indexed with google, exactly what I said

Here's typical portal development by my company
Thousands of pages indexed
Dozes of geo sub domains
Made tons of dough over the years, companies pay monthly to use a subdomain and the content and to have their google ads managed

So one is a portal development with lots of indexing and traffic

Other is a typcial landing page, no traffic and no listing google

Landing pages = death to a keyword

Develope keywords or dump them at auction

Holding them won't help you sell if you use landing pages

It hurts

https://www.google.com/search?q=sit...BCzIuOS4wLjEuMS4xmAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

•••
Well, someone posted their url above, zero alexa, zero traffic nothing indexed with google, exactly what I said

Here's typical portal development by my company
Thousands of pages indexed
Dozes of geo sub domains
Made tons of dough over the years, companies pay monthly to use a subdomain and the content and to have their google ads managed

So one is a portal development with lots of indexing and traffic

Other is a typcial landing page, no traffic and no listing google

Landing pages = death to a keyword

Develope keywords or dump them at auction

Holding them won't help you sell if you use landing pages

It hurts

I believe we're comparing apples to oranges here as you're mentioning your site and handling more of developing a website and the content vs a landing page for selling domain names. And what url are you talking about?

If you're talking about developing a domain name, then yes, I will agree with you that it's pretty important to getting yourself indexed on Google, Bing, etc. for traffic purposes along with backlinks. Not so much on the Alexa front since that was retired last month(which it wasn't a good reliable estimator anyways unless you broke into those top rankings, like top 100k if I remember correctly, even then, it was only an estimator.) Attempting to retain SEO quality or develop a new site? Again, will agree that it could potentially kill the keywords of a site.

However, this is more of a discussion about landing pages for selling a domain name, not worrying about development. Gonna let whomever decides to visit my landing page and buys the domain handle that part. Unless you are planning to sell your content/business model/etc. with the domain name, you really just need a landing page to let someone know that the name is for sale. Sure, it may not be listed in google, low content, etc., but the main thing with selling domain names with a landing page is most likely going to be type-in traffic where it doesn't even matter about worrying about search engine traffic. Or worrying about Alexa. Or even worrying about if it is listed in Google, unless the previous owner did a lot of spammy stuff to damage the name itself, which still requires a bit of due diligence, but even then...still about selling the name in the end.

•••
Interesting discussion: Does getting indexed matter. I was thinking, not much, but maybe it does.

Would people type domains into their browsers, or search engine?: ..Browsers are also acting like search engines by default. So, maybe search engine ranking for the exact domain at least, matters.
Seo is difficult nowadays, but getting good ranking for that poor keyword (the domain) must not be difficult.

(so one page would not be enough, for ranking, probably)

•••
Interesting discussion: Does getting indexed matter. I was thinking, not much, but maybe it does.

Would people type domains into their browsers, or search engine?: ..Browsers are also acting like search engines by default. So, maybe search engine ranking for the exact domain at least, matters.
Seo is difficult nowadays, but getting good ranking for that poor keyword (the domain) must not be difficult.

(so one page would not be enough, for ranking, probably)
I'd say it helps if you're doing your own landing page or probably with EPIK's landing page because you can customize them to your liking for potential SEO purposes, but it could be negligible. From my own analytics(take with a grain of salt), most of my traffic is either from direct type-in traffic or from referral backlinks if the name was used before. I do see some organic traffic, but it's light-years behind direct type-in for all of my names, so there is that possibility that being indexed is going to help for a few extra visitors if they decide to see about your domain name through a web search. Only time I would be worried about a domain name not being indexed is if it was used before but had been spammed/used for malware/etc. which would have caused it to be banned. Even then, I'd assume that if someone really wants to buy your name, they'll just type it in directly.

As for SEO for a domain name, I'm not going to lie. I don't put that much effort into it unless I feel the need to do so. I want it to be quick and easy to say, "Hey, the domain name is for sale. If you have questions, contact me. If you want to make an offer or BIN, here's how you do it, etc." Some put in tons of effort, e.g. furniture(.world), which you'll have to go to Wayback Machine to look at it. Not sure if it ever sold, but whomever owned it before put in tons of work into it. It probably ranked for some terms, but I'm just trying to get your contact details as fast as possible along with giving you the option to be anonymous with a third-party(which I'll make them pay more for it.)

•••
(make offer method)?

criteria in this poll.
Hi

"unireg" would be good place to manage that criterion.

you can view somethings about the potential buyer like email, fb, linkedn, their location and possible ph #.

imo..

Last edited:
•••
I believe we're comparing apples to oranges here as you're mentioning your site and handling more of developing a website and the content vs a landing page for selling domain names. And what url are you talking about?

If you're talking about developing a domain name, then yes, I will agree with you that it's pretty important to getting yourself indexed on Google, Bing, etc. for traffic purposes along with backlinks. Not so much on the Alexa front since that was retired last month(which it wasn't a good reliable estimator anyways unless you broke into those top rankings, like top 100k if I remember correctly, even then, it was only an estimator.) Attempting to retain SEO quality or develop a new site? Again, will agree that it could potentially kill the keywords of a site.

However, this is more of a discussion about landing pages for selling a domain name, not worrying about development. Gonna let whomever decides to visit my landing page and buys the domain handle that part. Unless you are planning to sell your content/business model/etc. with the domain name, you really just need a landing page to let someone know that the name is for sale. Sure, it may not be listed in google, low content, etc., but the main thing with selling domain names with a landing page is most likely going to be type-in traffic where it doesn't even matter about worrying about search engine traffic. Or worrying about Alexa. Or even worrying about if it is listed in Google, unless the previous owner did a lot of spammy stuff to damage the name itself, which still requires a bit of due diligence, but even then...still about selling the name in the end.
Landing pages harm domains
IMO they don't sell domains
End users but from outbound

Old days I could stick any empty keyword #1 Google for any keyword via a few portal links

I operated huge content famous portals

So I could write article XYZ company acquired abc domain for ABC industry

Bingo article and empty name would be #1 & #2 Google

Those days over

Landing pages worked short time to get indexed

Now Google wants portals only

Sites with mega thousands of pages most spending big money on industry keywords

We're 30 years into .com

A Landing Page can get a site delisted or banned

Empty page with outbound sells w/ no damage to site rep with Google

•••
I still love dan landing.

•••
I just clicked on what i think is best landing page ever and still could be improved on adult block not to be confused with my site.

•••
My own landing pages have worked good for me. If I wouldn't have them, I would probably use Dan.

P.s. I'm little surprised that no one has voted for Efty at the time of writing. I thought they were kind of popular.

•••
Back