Dynadot

question Best Landing Page Examples

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tarabasa Domains Ltd

Established Member
Impact
What's the best kind of landing page you've ran across in domaining?
Iv'e seen some really cool and interesting ones lately, I'll post a few down below for people to check out, feel free to contribute also :-,

Best,
Vlad

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
At the risk of asking a dumb question...what is DMP? :-P

https://domainmarketpro.com

Really thought out like I created it myself :ROFL:
SSL, landers, market, advertising spot abilities, social, etc... basically can't find anything yet I'm not able to achieve compared to using my own dedicated server like I've been doing since 2003 so significant cost savings as well.

Since I think your looking for feedback on yours...

I'd want the statistics to be optional (maybe they are?) as since 2003 no end user has ever asked me for statistics and most public stats are bot infested anyway Sedo etc... unless you have experience in eliminating the majority of those which most don't. Simple/Clean pages work.

Managed payments not a fan of either. Landing page provider should be just that a landing page provider. Not taking a commission on sales, handling transactions/payments etc... Whole point of doing your own thing is to do your own thing and eliminate sales commissions, payment fees and build your own database of end users.
With Bodis, Uniregistry, Efty, DomainMarketPro etc... out there really don't see why people are using any landing page program that takes commission on sales, hides buyer info, payment fees, etc... If your doing your own thing than do it complete with zero interference as plenty of escrow services out there https://escrow.payoneer.com etc...

Bodis Sales Pages+Payoneer Escrow Paid By Buyer=$0 Cost/Month
Uniregistry Sales Pages Set To Self Broker+Payoneer Escrow Paid By Buyer=$0 Cost/Month
Efty Sales Pages+Payoneer Escrow Paid By Buyer=$4,$7,$19/Month
DomainMarketPro+Payoneer Escrow Paid By Buyer=$7,$17,$35/Month

Don't understand paying commission on sales, losing lead info which is very valuable when options above are either free or a few bucks a month. Free or a few bucks a month is better than losing 10-15% of every sale ya make. Nobody in their right mind should be using your free plan, tough domains silver plan, undeveloped etc... as that 10-15% on every sale adds up to be much much more than free or a few dollars a month.

Last edited:
•••
…since 2003 no end user has ever asked me for statistics and most public stats are bot infested anyway Sedo etc…

Agreed. Never asked for stats from end users.

•••
i want to create a landing page from elitevevo to another website

•••
To me, this is the perfect landing page: http://www.nametastic.com/

I'm using Efty's "Phone Call To Action" theme. I've found that phone calls help increase the chances of closing a sale, and this lander is perfectly designed for that exact purpose. I also like how at the bottom of the lander it says "Hurry - once Nametastic.com is sold this opportunity will be gone!" to add a sense of urgency. Getting the buyers paranoid that someone else might buy a name during the sales process can help speed things up.

•••
•••
I'd want the statistics to be optional (maybe they are?) as since 2003 no end user has ever asked me for statistics and most public stats are bot infested anyway Sedo etc... unless you have experience in eliminating the majority of those which most don't. Simple/Clean pages work.

The statistics are completely optional. You don't have to display that on your landing page if you don't want to. We figured some domainers wouldn't really care for it while others might!

Don't understand paying commission on sales, losing lead info which is very valuable when options above are either free or a few bucks a month. Free or a few bucks a month is better than losing 10-15% of every sale ya make. Nobody in their right mind should be using your free plan, tough domains silver plan, undeveloped etc... as that 10-15% on every sale adds up to be much much more than free or a few dollars a month.

Understood. This is why our premium subscription is only $5/month because we believe our offering is worth paying just a couple of dollars a month for. We would 100% prefer domainers to sign up for our premium package and not have to give up any commission on sales.

DomaHub is not just a landing page provider. We provide the entire experience. From the initial sales offer email down to the final closing payment. That's why we offer managed payments using a third party payments processor called Stripe (used by companies like Lyft, Kickstarter, Slack, etc.). Allowing our users to basically turn their domain(s) into a legitimate online store with their own branding without great effort on their end. :xf.eek:

We're trying to offer a service that allows you to remain relatively hands-off. A lot of what you described is definitely possible for the pro-domainer like yourself and with effort and studying, anybody can do this stuff for free. What we're offering is a way to set up your entire domain portfolio brand in a matter of seconds. The hobbyist domainer who doesn't have time to learn about multiple services, or handle transactions with every single offer they receive. :xf.smile:

•••
•••
Great thread. Really nice seeing all these different creations and ideas as well as innovation from newer companies in the space.

It's great to see that almost everyone is in agreement today that having a great looking For-Sale landing page is a much better strategy to make money in domaining than a parked page full of ads or zero-click redirects which hardly makes you any money these days. That certainly wasn't the case when we launched Efty a few years ago :)

Although Efty is much more than just a landing page service I admit the For-Sale landing pages are an important pillar of our product which is the reason we have more than 40 different templates to choose from. As TheDomainStore.com already mentioned the latest template we've added to the theme gallery is a "Call to Action" landing page which is perfect for sellers who are comfortable taking a call from a prospective buyer or for those that work with an inbound broker (just add the phone number of your broker instead of your own). My personal favorites for make offer domains are the North and Kiffer themes and the one that allows you to upload a custom background. I use the enriched BIN themes for domains with a fixed price. Personally, I have a strong preference for a clean, less-is-more type of landing page that loads fast and looks great on mobile devices.

As for SSL, we've already enabled SSL on all Buy-It-Now pages and are working on bringing it to the marketplaces very soon too.

•••
Do you know about landing page here Unbounce.

•••
"""Uniregistry,""????? Efty and Undeveloped all offer pre-built landing pages,
where ?

•••
Just wanted to chime in about landing pages and sales pages.

Landing pages are great for directing attention to your best domains and when you are running a campaign to pitch a specific domain to end-users.

Sales pages are ideal for creating a unique brand, projecting a professional image, and allow you to present more information to build trust. A good sales page can be a more effective sales tool than just landing pages. So the comments by @hawkeye are very valid.

In both instances a professional look-and-feel is very important but even more important is the purchase/offer flow.

The best way to know which has better results is by doing A/B testing. We talk about A/B testing in this article on our blog.

Also ensure that you are getting accurate traffic coming to your sales and landing pages. If you compare the traffic volume vs sales/offers volume on both pages, you will also have a better idea which is more effective. But be careful though as traffic stats can be very deceptive due to so many bots tracking every registered domain to collect data which will artificially inflate page views and make fake offers. That's why it is important to have accurate stats. At Domain Market Pro we are continually working to remove bot visits from stats and remove spam from offers (we're near 100% spam-free). It is not an easy task as there are so many bots out there and it seems like every day a new site pops up offering domain data. But we are working on new solutions to make this process automated and more accurate.

Hope this info is helpful. Feel free to contact me via PM if you have any questions that are not related to this thread.

•••
CoinCorral.com

Cheers
Corey

•••
Last edited:
•••
For some of my dotcom landing pages, I use Efty...

Page load times seem fast enough and I believe they're hosting the platform in the Netherlands.

You can use their templates for bin/offers and bg images or upload your own.

Disclaimer: I have NO business or commercial connection with Efty whatsoever.

But so far it's working for this owl.

HOOT

•••
Hi all. We map hundreds of domains to each of a number of servers, enabling any modification to change the look and feel of all at once.

If the name is for sale, javascript will (currently) route in a second or so to the specific SEDO sales page.

If the name is not for sale, the page loads, visitor reads generic catch words and each link will send the visitor to a very short enquiry page on our Dottage business directory. If they do not follow a link, again, javascript will send them to the same enquiry page within 30 seconds.

Most of our end user buyers use their phones to browse so one set of code has been optimized for desktop and mobile. It's not perfect but it gets the job done and it's quick and dirty to edit.

Two samples from one server:
For sale so straight to SEDO: http://www.FestivalFringe.com

Not for sale at SEDO so any link or timeout routes to Dottage: http://www.TheGovernment.com

•••
Hi all. We map hundreds of domains to each of a number of servers, enabling any modification to change the look and feel of all at once.

If the name is for sale, javascript will (currently) route in a second or so to the specific SEDO sales page.

If the name is not for sale, the page loads, visitor reads generic catch words and each link will send the visitor to a very short enquiry page on our Dottage business directory. If they do not follow a link, again, javascript will send them to the same enquiry page within 30 seconds.

Most of our end user buyers use their phones to browse so one set of code has been optimized for desktop and mobile. It's not perfect but it gets the job done and it's quick and dirty to edit.

Two samples from one server:
For sale so straight to SEDO: http://www.FestivalFringe.com

Not for sale at SEDO so any link or timeout routes to Dottage: http://www.TheGovernment.com

Have you had any users get confused or complain about that redirect? I'd imagine that a screen flashing for even a second or so may confuse or scare some users. For me, that first link (FestivalFringe) took about 2 seconds to redirect.

•••
Have you had any users get confused or complain about that redirect? I'd imagine that a screen flashing for even a second or so may confuse or scare some users. For me, that first link (FestivalFringe) took about 2 seconds to redirect.
Thank you for your input, but no confusion, complaints or reports of anyone scared of anything… unless it was the price…

•••
As a side note, looking for various custom-made langing pages, I noticed one serious error. Sometimes payment systems logos (visa logo, mastercard logo, paypal logo) are displayed. Now, payments systems license their logos only to their direct merchants, and on approved pages/websites. So, if somebody set a page just to post contact us - make offer form - and will close successful negotioations through let say Payoneer escrow or some markeplace - then payment systems copyrighted graphic logos must be removed asap. Payoneer and/or marketplaces are registered merchants and can use these logos on their pages, but we are not allowed to do so. However, if Payoneer or a preferred markeplace has some promotional banners - then such banners can of course be used, sometimes such banners may also refer to payment methods offered - it should be OK to post such a banner (as common sense prompts).

Last edited:
•••
Don't understand paying commission on sales, losing lead info which is very valuable
You mention Uniregistry and Bodis both being free. You don't get something for nothing, and they both get the data that you send into their systems. In the case of Uniregistry, they will use this data to sell their own names. Data has a cost, and it's worth looking at the TOS of any "free" provider to find out what the real cost is.

•••
You mention Uniregistry and Bodis both being free. You don't get something for nothing, and they both get the data that you send into their systems. In the case of Uniregistry, they will use this data to sell their own names. Data has a cost, and it's worth looking at the TOS of any "free" provider to find out what the real cost is.

True, I'd currently rank the best option outta the ones I listed as...

1) Your own pages on your own server https://themeforest.net/item/domain-broker-2-landing-page-to-sell-domains/12578919 etc...
2) DomainMarketPro+Payoneer Escrow Paid By Buyer=$7,$17,$35/Month
3) Efty Sales Pages+Payoneer Escrow Paid By Buyer=$4,$7,$19/Month
4) Bodis Sales Pages+Payoneer Escrow Paid By Buyer=$0 Cost/Month
5) Uniregistry Sales Pages Set To Self Broker+Payoneer Escrow Paid By Buyer=$0 Cost/Month

Just saying the 2 free options I listed beats losing that data plus a commission fee of Sedo, Afternic etc... as they have their own massive portfolios to sell as well. So you get double nailed there lose data plus pay a commission fee on every sale.

I list everything at Sedo, Afternic, Uniregistry etc... but I never point the domains to them. So I'm paying a commission there only if they bring me a buyer from their market or distribution network and not from my own domain traffic that would have come in direct anyway as most leads/sales since 2003 on my end have come in to my own landing pages. So I'm fine with paying a commission but only if they earn it and bring me a buyer from their market/distribution and not from my own traffic generating the buyer and just coming in from them because that's where the domain points. No sense losing leads and paying commission for no work on their end being done. Sedo and Uniregistry haven't done much for me over the years since I don't point my names there. Afternic does bring in some leads/sales without pointing domains there since their distribution network is so strong. Majority of my leads/sales since 2003 do come direct though as that's where the domains point.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely pass it along to the product team.

More feedback, if I may @DomaHub :

1. While Domahub platform accepts all major credit and debit cards directly through your application and PayPal for accounts payable (buyers), for accounts receivable (sellers) bank wire transfer is currently listed as default option. It’d be convenient to be also able to receive payments to sellers’ Paypal accounts from proceeds accrued in escrow if they are under under a certain limit (< 2000 usd, eg).

2. Inclusion of a phone number for inquiries about sales to be made not just in a fully customizable area, but in a specially designated space within such template, with distinct graphics.

3. A seal or a symbol attesting to safety of payment processing integration with escrow services needs to be prominently shown under the buy-now button.

4. Payment plans with payment installments schedule of up to 1 year (this is flexible) could be a good catalyst engine in increasing liquidity of sales for cash.strapped startup founders and business dreamers.

Otherwise, the site is built on foundation of impeccably professionally looking pages as overall impression.

Last edited:
•••
Amazing thread!
New services do seem to pop up and they all seem to be focused on the landing page or marketplace.

You would think that even a simple make offer lander would be easy to build but once you start to include all the requests.

Buy now, make offer, both, multiple pay options, featured domains, social, stats, no stats, UDRP compliance, cookie laws, custom text, min offer, VAT, trasnlations, currency displays, GA, custom logos, ssl, custom metas, emoji and IDN support, custom favicons, uptime, page speed, design, responsive design and the list goes on and on.. Said it before the requests made by domainers are so creative that its not something anyone could have thought of from day one. Each week our members bring up another great feature to add.

Whats started out as a simple concept has grown through feedback into something that requires most of the teams focus.

•••
More feedback, if I may @DomaHub :

1. While Domahub platform accepts all major credit and debit cards directly through your application and PayPal for accounts payable (buyers), for accounts receivable (sellers) bank wire transfer is currently listed as default option. It’d be convenient to be also able to receive payments to sellers’ Paypal accounts from proceeds accrued in escrow if they are under under a certain limit (< 2000 usd, eg).

2. Inclusion of a phone number for inquiries about sales to be made not just in a fully customizable area, but in a specially designated space within such template, with distinct graphics.

3. A seal or a symbol attesting to safety of payment processing integration with escrow services needs to be prominently shown under the buy-now button.

4. Payment plans with payment installments schedule of up to 1 year (this is flexible) could be a good catalyst engine in increasing liquidity of sales for cash.strapped startup founders and business dreamers.

Otherwise, the site is built on foundation of impeccably professionally looking pages as overall impression.

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We will pass this along to the product team for review. :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back