Dynadot

question Best Landing Page Examples

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tarabasa Domains Ltd

Established Member
Impact
What's the best kind of landing page you've ran across in domaining?
Iv'e seen some really cool and interesting ones lately, I'll post a few down below for people to check out, feel free to contribute also :-,

Best,
Vlad

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice. Just a heads-up that you form validation is trowing errors for all phone number I enter, including valid ones.

Oh! I messaged you directly regarding that issue.

Just wanted to point out--we are utilizing Google's official API (called libphonenumber) to validate any phone number for our contact forms. So entering in any random combination of numbers is likely to not work. (y)

Last edited:
•••
@DomaHub

,Just wanted to bring a suggestion as to how your landing page is presented as demo. A demo button on the front page, with a step-by-step pop-up tutorial showcasing how it works, refers to the example of a landing page that's part of your basic plan. It would do more to attract customers, if the main demo link pointed to the premium landing page (especially since the difference in price between the basis and premium is relatively insignificant). Currently,it's possible to access the premium landing page example only from a more obscure area of the site, right under the 'subscribe to' option.

Last edited:
•••
@DomaHub

,Just wanted to bring a suggestion as to how your landing page is presented as demo. A demo button on the front page, with a step-by-step pop-up tutorial showcasing how it works, refers to the example of a landing page that's part of your basic plan. It would do more to attract customers, if the main demo link pointed to the premium landing page (especially since the difference in price between the basis and premium is relatively insignificant). Currently,it's possible to access the premium landing page example only from a more obscure area of the site, right under the 'subscribe to' option.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely pass it along to the product team. (y)

•••
•••
I use Wordpress only for blogs, I create all my own websites either from scratch or modified from templates and I have many online businesses, some forums, and some selling tangible products, others for different purposes. I have about three dozen different websites out there and if you went to any one you would have no idea it has anything to do with the other, they are all different and custom.

www.xynames.com/contact.html
I get zero spam submissions from this URL although I have a nearly identical test contact form at a different domain and the spammers do send me spam submission forms from there. For each of my domains, people first land on a page with ad links and from there the _____.com is for sale! link takes them to my landing page.

I sell a lot and get a ton of offers from my landing page. I am working on unique landers for some of my top domains.

As far as https it was three years ago that Google bumped the algorithm in favor of SEO for https versus http but I never have used https and I have two websites that are in the top 100,000 by Alexa so being https is not all there is to it, nor is it mandatory.

Last edited:
•••
for a totally free page .. I find above.com forsale lander quite alright

its 10% fee if you self broker.. whic is okay and better than most others.. considering they handle payment check etc and domain gets put on their registrar locked for 60 days in case of payment issues after.

the lander itself is simple and has only 3 fields... no bin, but I personally do not need it.
it looks a lot like the old mountain DNS lander.

ex:

www.rveg.com

if you get sale, the process is nicely incopropareted step by step into your above.com dashboard.

buyer can make offer without above.com accnt. if you counter it, and he wants to accept or counter, then he needs open accnt. but its ez breezy for above.com.

so here.. another lander option.

•••
Fixed link. (new force of habit)

No, no. I'm just wondering why someone who uses those platforms uses also a landing page for their domain selling. It just seem redundant and a standalone page away from promoting their other domains.

Agreed. I don't, I forward to the market sales landers with the site branding/logo on them as they are a better match in Efty and in DMP. Total process then matches instead of one color scheme for sales lander and a different color scheme for market. Not only is the advantage that they can find categories of your other domains for sale but also they can see other things that would influence them to go ahead with their offer....

1) Professional Domain Sales Site
2) Nice Logo
3) SSL
4) Phone Number
5) Terms
6) Privacy Policy
7) FAQ/Domain Buying Process
8) Escrow Service Explanation

etc....

Anything you can do to instill confidence to a buyer that yes let's submit this offer as these guys seem legit helps over just a landing page with zero information on who is selling the domain. If your sales site doesn't look legitimate than honestly you're probably better off just using Afternic, Sedo etc... Do it right to establish trust or don't do it.

Last edited:
•••
www.xynames.com/contact.html
I get zero spam submissions from this URL although I have a nearly identical test contact form at a different domain and the spammers do send me spam submission forms from there

Can you share the secrets?

To achieve zero spam submissions is a big problem now a days.

Apart from trivial captcha, form submission on my sites goes through 5 screening barriers/layers, yet some spams still find their way into my mailbox.

Of course, I can filter, kill spam with email add-ons on the server. But I want to "kill" them not inside, but outside my mailbox. I want to shift the battle ground.

•••
•••
•••
@Doron Vermaat Are you considering SSL for efty in the near future?

•••
Can you share the secrets?

To achieve zero spam submissions is a big problem now a days.

Apart from trivial captcha, form submission on my sites goes through 5 screening barriers/layers, yet some spams still find their way into my mailbox.

Of course, I can filter, kill spam with email add-ons on the server. But I want to "kill" them not inside, but outside my mailbox. I want to shift the battle ground.

I do not know the answer, except perhaps based on testing, on my mirror test site my contact form is right on the main index.html position whereas on the real site the contact is at a subdirectory contact.html For whatever reason the bots are reaching the index page only.

Actually my contact form is susceptible to spam because even though it has mandatory submission fields it has default filled in info to prompt the user to fill out fields. If a bot fills in only the first field and then submits, the form still goes through because the system thinks that the default info satisfies the mandatory fields. If I eliminated these default prompts, spam would probably go down to zero even on the test site.

I did experiment with invisible recaptcha but did not implement.

Also I experimented with cgi versus php submission form software, and believe it or not, I ended up using the old cgi because legitimate php form submissions tended to end up in my spam folder, but cgi did not.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here is a landing page on the GetResponse platform (Primarily an email marketing provider)

Made by me ;)

•••
I'd recommend using WordPress with the InstaBuilder plugin, Outstanding landing creator from within WordPress and use along with Prettlinks OR Thirsty Affiliates plugin -- to brand / cloak affiliate links

Using these plugins hand in hand will save you paying Monthly for some Landing Page Host.

•••
creating your own landing pages...is where it is at....

I use Joomla... an example is CryptoMentor.org

Cheers
Corey

•••
I've been using a few different templates which I've created. Here's an example:

Pixsus.com

I'd value your thoughts.

•••
I've been using a few different templates which I've created. Here's an example:

Pixsus.com

I'd value your thoughts.
That's nice Claude. Nice and clean, with links back to your main site, which is very nice too. Good work.

•••
•••
My landing page is https://managedvm.com... I want to share this template with namePros member who needs a landing page.

Just send me a PM.

•••
I'm currently working with a dev at my website (need a bit more arrangement which should also be mobile responsive, easy to say really hard to do, also planning to add the rest of pages: contact, policies FAQ etc.), I spent like 50h on editing, you can check it at brandue.com
Hopefully by end of next week everything is completed, including SSL.

•••
•••
•••
Pixsus.com

I'd value your thoughts.

Hi,

Hope you don't mind my opinion. Looks a little dated; in-between a site and lander.
I would update your logo. It's okay, just looks like an old Wordpress site.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back