IT.COM

Best hosting for a video site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi all,

Please suggest me which is the best hosting for a video site.
I want to use phpmotion, so it should allow background process.
Cheap and best, if any of you tried it, plz let me know.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What sort of budget do you have for the hosting package? Do you care what control panel it has? Any other requirements?

•••
cpanel+ fantastico
lessthan$10per month

•••
For video sites you need large ammounts of bandwidth for streaming /downloading usualy. I would recommend atleast a vps and 30$ a motnh budget.

•••
HastyHost-Andy said:
For video sites you need large ammounts of bandwidth for streaming /downloading usualy. I would recommend atleast a vps and 30$ a motnh budget.

Any reputated hosting service provider you would suggest?

•••
Well, first and foremost i would like to sat that the comparison research will show you the best place to deal with and make a notion in the market. As a matter of fact, I can recommend you to have a look at hqhost.net, vistapages.com and serverpoint.com because this is reputable companies. They have nice web hosting plans and the price is affordable for them. You can also search for their reviews via Google search. So, compare them and choose the best one suitable for you needs.

•••
srisri24 said:
Well I cant technicaly suggest myself. I'm only experienced in my products.

•••
srisri24 said:

I am currently using cirtex and the support is superb :)
However if I'm not wrong they may suspend and ask you to upgrade to a vps when it gets to consuming which I think is appropriate.

•••
Many hosts come youtube-clone script ready these days. Whoever you decide to go with, make sure to contact them before ordering to ensure that they can run phpmotion for you.

•••
•••
I believe that the main question for you is about the sizes you would like to have there. That is very important to know as that will influence on the solution which can be as shared as VPS as dedicated depends on your needs (not budget).

•••
Is there still any need? Let me nsert two cents with the recommendation of apthost.com for this purpose. They have ffmpeg modulaes preinstalled, and offer hosting of highesdt stability and for reasonable money - I think this host can be called Best for video sites.

•••
If you are still looking for recommendation where to host video web sites, I think that hqhost.net will be a perfect place for you. "You get what you pay for" seems most appropriate in your case, and I would rather pay that few extra dollars for their reliability and competence than to find my sites down for long periods at a stretch, costing me more money than the few bucks I can save in hosting fees.

•••
For video sites most likely best option is to skip the shared hosting as video sites require quite a lot of power and not to mention bandwidth.

Best bet start with a simple VPS and expand from there. Use a light control panel so you can maximize the use of your VPS more. You then can make sure you have the right software installed on the VPS.

•••
The best hosting for video sites is from glowhost.com, their media hosting will meet all your needs.
They support scripts for video streaming and they will help you much in running your business on-line.

•••
Possibly santrex.net which has offshore dc's and offers low cost solutions for all kinds of hosting and content would be suitable for hosting you video site.

•••
•••
If you are still in search of reliable hosting provider for video streaming and advise you to make a kind of comparison analysis, because it will show you the right direction. Check out exmasters.com, apthost.com and lunarpages.com as these are reputable companies which will suit you down to the ground. So, compare them and choose the best one.

•••
If you are embedding videos from other sites, then you must be ok with a shared hosting.
I prefer hostgator for it.

Otherwise i think you need a dedicated server or a VPS
for vps i prefer liquidweb.

•••
Think service from webhostingbuzz.com may be useful for you as they provide multimedia support and the prices on their services are affordable.
Support is fast and responsive.

•••
If you are embedding videos from other sites, then you must be ok with a shared hosting.
I prefer hostgator for it.

Otherwise i think you need a dedicated server or a VPS
for vps i prefer liquidweb.

I suppose he is talking about Youtube kind of web sites ;)
In tthis case I suppose that he will need specific host or at least VPS. Depends on the size.

•••
The biggest problem with video sites is legality of the content you are going to stream. That's what we ask our clients ordering dedicated servers for video streaming.
If you expect to get a lot of traffic, go to dedicated server or all least vps.
If you plan a traffic-intensive project, it's essential to know what port your server is connected to. The best variant would be to connect your server to 1Gbs port.
We offer free upgrades to 1Gbs and 10 Gbs ports to our clients once their projects become more traffic-intensive.

•••
You know hostingincanada.com support media streaming on thier servers which are stable and fully redundant, they offer much resources for high-intensive web sites.

•••
Cheap and best... Hmmmm these two words just don't go together...
if it is cheap then it is not good... if it is good then it is not cheap.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back