NameSilo

Beginner with lots of domains mostly junk. or not? U tell me.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

urljunky

Top Member
Impact
megamallshop.com
dollardayloan.com
overstocktoyou.com
candypick.com
feetfx.com
toefx.com
plumbergear.com
boostseotraffic.com
dealaplenty.com
Dplumber.com
cliqquick.com
dogfooddeli.com

Am I just waisting my money or do these domains hold any Real value? Your input would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is my take...I am new also, but have studied quite a bit everyday for a couple months now...
I personally haven't researched any of these, but you might want to research the keywords in google.
I think you have some decent, doable names:

megamallshop.com (don't like, too long..If it were just "shopping mall", it would be a lot better)
dollardayloan.com (I kinda like this, catchy name, and could be a good brandable, yet I doubt any exact keyword matches)
overstocktoyou.com (don't like, doubt any keyword matches)
candypick.com (Kinda like, and could be a good brandable, but think of your end user..Who is going to buy this? A candy store? You also have to think of what kind of budget they would have...I don't think a candy store would have a great one..However the game idea is great if you can find someone to develop it out, it could turn into big business..You never know.)
feetfx.com (Don't like. Don't know what the fx is all about after feet, maybe I'm missing something)
toefx.com (Don't like...Pretty much same comment as above)
plumbergear.com (I like this one, it probably has exact keyword matches..But you also have to look at the cpc, and how much traffic it gets with those keywords a month)
boostseotraffic.com (I like this one, as it also probably has exact keywords matches, and SEO business is big)
dealaplenty.com (Kinda Don't like it...Could be a good brandable for someone though)
Dplumber.com (Don't like...not even for a brandable)
cliqquick.com (Don't like..If it were ClickQuick, or QuickClick, then maybe..But could possibly be a brandable for someone..But I don't have a clue as to who you would target..Perhaps some kind of CPC niche?)
dogfooddeli.com (If there were dog delis around the world that you just stopped in and waited while your dog ate, then I might like it, but the possibility of that happening and taking off I think is remote. So I def don't like this one)

Also, it definitely doesn't matter what I, or anyone else on this forum thinks. It's all about what the end user thinks, and how you & they feel about the domain. If you have to explain it, it isn't worth having. Another thing I have learned, and am noticing lately, is that some names I think are horrible, sell a lot higher than I expected, and Some that I think are great names sell a lot lower..."Things that make you go Hmmm"..
Pay attention to what's selling high vs. what's selling low on Namejet, Domaining, Sherpa, and all the others...
Anyhow, It's all about what the end user thinks it's worth. Not any of us, nor any appraisal service.
I mean think about it...Who would have ever thought that twitch(dot)tv would have sold for millions? And some others...Really!
If it were posted in this forum, I highly doubt anyone would have even paid $20 for it...But now we're all saying "I so wish I had owned that domain!"
Just learn to do your negotiating correctly when you get offers..Try to look at your names from the end user/business owner's perspective...Why would someone want that name. If you were starting a business, would you buy that name? You have to think of it from the buyers perspective.
Also I definitely wouldn't put $100 OBO on each name, maybe with some, but not all. You do have a few decent ones...unless you're just wanting to get rid of the names, and be done with it all. You might just be leaving money on the table..Just be proactive, and patient...I think that's key in this business.
I hope this helps...Good luck to you! I wish you much success! :)
By far the most in-depth breakdown and insightful reply to my question yet. Most appreciated. This is a great reply all beginners (IMO) are looking for. Thanks for taking the time to actually ponder the names and then take even more time to write down your thoughts in a understandable fashion. A lot more helpfull than "You suck, you're an idiot" So I do appreciate everyone who takes time to actually explain the nouns they use to describe the domains. Well done gatekeeper72 ;)

•••
Can anybody tell me what is the better one? candypick or pickcandy ?

•••
•••
Personally I'd hold on to only 3 if I were you, seotraffic, candypick and plumbergear, the latter mainly because that's your niche. Your seotraffic name may be in the range of a name that sold last year on sedo, freeseotraffic.com for $130

•••
Personally I'd hold on to only 3 if I were you, seotraffic, candypick and plumbergear, the latter mainly because that's your niche. Your seotraffic name may be in the range of a name that sold last year on sedo, freeseotraffic.com for $130
Thanks Gina. Good advice i'll be taking.

•••
On that list given by OP, 2 domains caught my attention and these are:
feetfx.com
toefx.com

Not one here mentioned anything about these two domains with "fx" tailing. It probably means no end user would be interested in any of that. I made a little digging and this is what I found.

Previous sales with "fx" at Sedo, Afternic, & Namejet:
fairfx.com
flightfx.com
bodyfx.com
onlinefx.com
robofx.com
spotfx.com
gurufx.com
plusfx.com
camfx.com
superfx.com
salesfx.com
coinfx.com
livefx.net
modelfx.com
drugfx.com
ironfx.sk
earnfx.com
topfx.com
deltafx.com
melodyfx.com
humanfx.com
alphafx.com
simplefx.com
cityfx.co.uk

Some of these were sold just this year and the prices range were low $x,xxx to mid $x,xxx to high $x,xxx.

I'd say sometimes we could not just judge the book by its cover.

•••
feetfx.com
toefx.com

Not one here mentioned anything about these two domains with "fx" tailing. It probably means no end user would be interested in any of that. I made a little digging and this is what I found.

fairfx.com
flightfx.com
bodyfx.com
onlinefx.com
robofx.com
spotfx.com
gurufx.com
plusfx.com
camfx.com
superfx.com
salesfx.com
coinfx.com
livefx.net
modelfx.com
drugfx.com
ironfx.sk
earnfx.com
topfx.com
deltafx.com
melodyfx.com
humanfx.com
alphafx.com
simplefx.com
cityfx.co.uk

Some of these were sold just this year and the prices range were low $x,xxx to mid $x,xxx to high $x,xxx.

I actually did mention those 2, but said I didn't care for them b/c I didn't know what fx stands for..Is just my opinion though. Good on you for doing the research on it ;)
Also, I just saw KorsVodka (dot) com sold for $750k...Another name I probably would even think twice about, so you just never know...Somebody had a good day though! :)

•••
feetfx.com
toefx.com

fairfx.com
flightfx.com
bodyfx.com
onlinefx.com
robofx.com
spotfx.com
gurufx.com
plusfx.com
camfx.com
superfx.com
salesfx.com
coinfx.com
livefx.net
modelfx.com
drugfx.com
ironfx.sk
earnfx.com
topfx.com
deltafx.com
melodyfx.com
humanfx.com
alphafx.com
simplefx.com
cityfx.co.uk

You are the first to mention this, as i did do my research on those before i bought them. I also have jogfx and plumberfx why these are going for so much on the after market i have no idea? i just wish someone would offer me mid to high $xxx for them

•••
I actually did mention those 2, but said I didn't care for them b/c I didn't know what fx stands for..Is just my opinion though. Good on you for doing the research on it ;)
Also, I just saw KorsVodka (dot) com sold for $750k...Another name I probably would even think twice about, so you just never know...Somebody had a good day though! :)
sorry 2nd to mention those names

•••
Do you guys know what the fx stands for? I am curious...

•••
I thought it was short for special effects but more widely used for forex stocks

•••
I thought it was short for special effects but more widely used for forex stocks

Yeah I can see how the names could go either way as some don't match p with forex at all, and others dont match up with special effects...Good to know though, thanks! ;)
(Wonder if I am the only one in the dark about it, as I usually am with things, and always the last to know...lol)

•••
•••

Sorry, I didn't notice that you mention those 2. Probably because you don't like them. :)

FX1
ɛfˈɛks/
noun
noun: FX
  1. sound or visual effects used in film, TV, or music.
    "films which require actors rather than special FX"
FX2
ɛfˈɛks/
noun
  1. foreign exchange.
Yeah I can see how the names could go either way as some don't match p with forex at all, and others dont match up with special effects...Good to know though, thanks! ;)

For the end user, it doesn't matter whether it matches up or not. That's his taste. That's where it suits him. Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.. let it be.. let it be.. B-)

•••

Yeah I just read that it could be some kind of PR stunt..But was just trying to make a point. I see a lot of names that I'm like "WHAAA????" That has sold for way higher than I would expect..

•••
When combining a root word or suffix, it does need to fit. While bodyfx works, feet and toes do not. However since you have them now, why not try to sell them (as a pair) and if it doesn't sell by renewal time, drop.

Last edited:
•••
candypick obviously! ;)
hahahahaha.... Your wish ! i owned pickcandy.com and the time when i registered it, candypick wasn't available...i think it was droped by previous owner...

•••
I think lot have very few $ value. But it also depends on end customer .You should be careful while buying a domain name .

•••
There is another approach that you can take. Put these names for parking and set a sale price that you think is fair, say x times the cost that you have incurred so far to hold them. Then see what traffic and money you generate of them until they expire.

•••
There is another approach that you can take. Put these names for parking and set a sale price that you think is fair, say x times the cost that you have incurred so far to hold them. Then see what traffic and money you generate of them until they expire.

I don't think that's the best idea, especially on the few I mentioned had potential, as well as others that saw potential in them too, as you might be leaving money on the table if you set a set price. You really just never know in this business, and what we think may not be all that great, then end user might think it's gold. If you were putting a set price on them let's say for xxx, but the end user may be willing to pay xxxx or even xxxxx, that is something you really need to think about..If I were you, I would park them, but put those ones up for "Make offer" , and post everywhere, that it's available for sale, and to make offer, instead..Then if you don't sell them in a year or so, then set a price & do that, or drop them...Just my opinion...GL in whatever you decide to do! ;)

•••
No one,and I mean NO ONE,ever knows what something is worth to different people,people sometimes come up with a plan and idea for a name that is brilliant,I have been in this spot myself,as has Dicker,Berkens and co.....you just never know,we aren't in the same category as the people mentioned here,not even close,but sometimes you can look at a name and have an immediate idea for it,even the sherpas miss it.There is as many ideas as people on the planet,and some smart cookies out there.

•••
I don't think that's the best idea, especially on the few I mentioned had potential, as well as others that saw potential in them too, as you might be leaving money on the table if you set a set price. You really just never know in this business, and what we think may not be all that great, then end user might think it's gold. If you were putting a set price on them let's say for xxx, but the end user may be willing to pay xxxx or even xxxxx, that is something you really need to think about..If I were you, I would park them, but put those ones up for "Make offer" , and post everywhere, that it's available for sale, and to make offer, instead..Then if you don't sell them in a year or so, then set a price & do that, or drop them...Just my opinion...GL in whatever you decide to do! ;)
I think this is great advice and have already done this. Where else can i list them besides sedo, afternic, gd, that is a free service?

•••
There are some places on FB that you could also list on...I have a list if you want to PM me, I will give you the links...Kind of busy at the moment, so I don't have them right in front of me right now...However, I think just sticking to what you have, plus make offer on your parked page should be enough. But if you're anything like me, you'll go all out. There are a ton of market places, but I wouldn't recommend getting into the ones that charge you to take your listing down like Flippa and freemarket, so be careful about that. I just found that out the other day, and had no idea about it. You can also list on other forums such as DP, and dn...Also CL And Backpage maybe? Just a thought that entered my head just now....Wait...Also, DomainNameSales, and BuyDomains...I think BuyDomains is the same as afternic..Not sure though...Anyhow, GL to ya! ;)

•••
Am I doing any better? All dot com
Upload traffic
Viablefx
Mass market ability
Infinitwifi (brandable)
Webnitron (brandable)
Prodominal (brandable)
Regtrust (brandable)
Should I put my credit card away?
Honest opinions only with reason please

•••
I think you should just give your cc to me :)
Seriously though...Maybe my brain has turned to mush today, but none of them really stand out for me. I think some may be some decent brandables, but you will probably have to be patient for them...You never know though, like I said before..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back