Dynadot

Beginner with lots of domains mostly junk. or not? U tell me.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

urljunky

Top Member
Impact
megamallshop.com
dollardayloan.com
overstocktoyou.com
candypick.com
feetfx.com
toefx.com
plumbergear.com
boostseotraffic.com
dealaplenty.com
Dplumber.com
cliqquick.com
dogfooddeli.com

Am I just waisting my money or do these domains hold any Real value? Your input would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only like 2 of these and even those two probably in reseller market wouldn't notch more than low $xx
Candypick is sweet, brandable and easy to remember and I kind of like PlumberGear, but there is almost no monthly search for this phrase.

•••
I only like 2 of these and even those two probably in reseller market wouldn't notch more than low $xx
Candypick is sweet, brandable and easy to remember and I kind of like PlumberGear, but there is almost no monthly search for this phrase.
i liked candypick too and i have inspiration to develope plumbergear. (since i am a plumber)
thanks for your input

•••
bump does any one else have any input

•••
no other input? i really need your guy's professional opinions.

•••
My thoughts are there isn't a whole lot of end users for these domains. Have you tried selling them?

•••
My thoughts are there isn't a whole lot of end users for these domains. Have you tried selling them?
not yet i wanted to get some idea of price. I have them parked on go daddy and some might have some ridiculous price. but i wanted to seriously sell them but have no idea of value.

•••
Am I just waisting my money or do these domains hold any Real value?

Yes to the former.

Honestly, forget you own these domains. Every minute you spend trying to sell them is a minute you could spend living your life, working, or learning. They won't sell.

For the record, I like 2 or 3 of them as names. But that doesn't equate to investment value.

•••
Yes to the former.

Honestly, forget you own these domains. Every minute you spend trying to sell them is a minute you could spend living your life, working, or learning. They won't sell.

For the record, I like 2 or 3 of them as names. But that doesn't equate to investment value.
This is the honest kind of feed back i was looking for. I still hold a tiny bit of hope since you do like 2 or 3 of them, but honestly like you said i probably wont sell any of them. Maybe on like other posts I've seen they call them ebay domains. Thanks for the input.

•••
boostseotraffic.com
Think it is a great name for those "providing traffic".. Like those in the " service" .."Advertising and SEO services" part of the forum..

•••
Think it is a great name for those "providing traffic".. Like those in the " service" .."Advertising and SEO services" part of the forum..
I was surprised to get this one since almost everything having seo in title was taken. Any idea value? or recent sales of other sites similar? I appreciate your input.

•••
My thoughts are there isn't a whole lot of end users for these domains.

Any idea value? or recent sales of other sites similar? I appreciate your input.
not my forte..more of a looking for a "end user" type of a guy.... Traffic also a good keyword.

•••
not my forte..more of a looking for a "end user" type of a guy.... Traffic also a good keyword.
So you find "end users" for domains?

•••
I'm a beginner too. Don't know much about the worth either. The way I think the selling works is either a re-seller should see some value in your domains or you need an end user willing to buy them. And I suggest, don't buy anymore domains unless you think you studied enough about it. I did the same mistake.

•••
I'm a beginner too. Don't know much about the worth either. The way I think the selling works is either a re-seller should see some value in your domains or you need an end user willing to buy them.
Gotcha. I did some research into similar domains and what they went for, but the prices are all over the place. I'm thinking their are some that just sell on the first bid they get and others have some pitching and selling skills to boost up the price of their domains. And I'm sure the ones that sold for more were probably bought for cheap by someone who has the connections and selling skills needed to get that higher sale price.

•••
You should have them as make offer with a minimum of $100, and see if you get any bites.

•••
You should have them as make offer with a minimum of $100, and see if you get any bites.
Good advice. Should I post them here or somewhere else?

•••
I though you said you had them posted for sale at GoDaddy. If you post them on Sedo, you should add their minimum commission.

•••
I though you said you had them posted for sale at GoDaddy. If you post them on Sedo, you should add their minimum commission.[/QUOT
I gotcha. I do have some of my domains listed on godaddy, but not all of them. I see what you are saying though, lower them to minimum offer of $100 and see if anybody bites instead of the ridiculous price i have them at now. Thanks I didn't I could put just a minimum offer on go daddy. I thought it was just a buy now price. I'm going to check out sedo though. Thanks again

•••
Yes to the former.

I really like above statement. After 4 years of domaining I still have earned Jack Schitt! What a waste of a life. Thanks for above statement!

•••
You can sell "CandyPick" to Candy Pick.

https://www.facebook.com/candy.pick.7

;)

Or hold it for a number of years and hope someone comes up with a game "Candy Pick" or develop one yourself.

These domains are kind of a 'wing and a prayer'... however sometimes it pans out; but you have to be prepared to take the loss of a 10 year registration if it does not.

•••
I have no idea of how to even begin to develop a game. I'm a plumber and only got into getting domains from getting plumbing related domains. And the competition is so high i really had to get crafty in my domain searches. and it has led me now to a portfolio of a bunch of junk. But with few exceptions these being a few.
thanks for the lead. do you see any other domains in the list with any potential?

•••
anyone who spells "beginner" wrong, is in the wrong line of business ;) haha. jk.

If I were you, use those domains and learn how to park, list, etc. But none of those domains are investment value. You'd be wasting your money to renew them. BoostSeoTraffic.com...is alright, but nothing special. You might be able to recoup the registration cost on that one, and CandyPick...granted you got them at godaddy w/ a couple code ;) . There's a lot better ones out there than these, and you don't ~need to spend a shit load to get em'. Website potential? I guess there's website potential in ~any domain. Resale potential at a (substantial) profit? Chances are, no. Everyone's first few are garbage anyways. Don't let "this domain is available" blur your judgement ;)

At least you don't whine like most people when they get their domains appraised/looked at. So your already a step above them.

•••
anyone who spells "beginner" wrong, is in the wrong line of business ;) haha. jk.
LMAO! That is funny! :) And I know what you mean when you say any domain name has potential, because I've developed a few that are doing great. Just can't seem to out rank ylep. (spelled incorrectly on purpose.)
Thanks for the input the more the better.

•••
Here is my take...I am new also, but have studied quite a bit everyday for a couple months now...
I personally haven't researched any of these, but you might want to research the keywords in google.
I think you have some decent, doable names:

megamallshop.com (don't like, too long..If it were just "shopping mall", it would be a lot better)
dollardayloan.com (I kinda like this, catchy name, and could be a good brandable, yet I doubt any exact keyword matches)
overstocktoyou.com (don't like, doubt any keyword matches)
candypick.com (Kinda like, and could be a good brandable, but think of your end user..Who is going to buy this? A candy store? You also have to think of what kind of budget they would have...I don't think a candy store would have a great one..However the game idea is great if you can find someone to develop it out, it could turn into big business..You never know.)
feetfx.com (Don't like. Don't know what the fx is all about after feet, maybe I'm missing something)
toefx.com (Don't like...Pretty much same comment as above)
plumbergear.com (I like this one, it probably has exact keyword matches..But you also have to look at the cpc, and how much traffic it gets with those keywords a month)
boostseotraffic.com (I like this one, as it also probably has exact keywords matches, and SEO business is big)
dealaplenty.com (Kinda Don't like it...Could be a good brandable for someone though)
Dplumber.com (Don't like...not even for a brandable)
cliqquick.com (Don't like..If it were ClickQuick, or QuickClick, then maybe..But could possibly be a brandable for someone..But I don't have a clue as to who you would target..Perhaps some kind of CPC niche?)
dogfooddeli.com (If there were dog delis around the world that you just stopped in and waited while your dog ate, then I might like it, but the possibility of that happening and taking off I think is remote. So I def don't like this one)

Also, it definitely doesn't matter what I, or anyone else on this forum thinks. It's all about what the end user thinks, and how you & they feel about the domain. If you have to explain it, it isn't worth having. Another thing I have learned, and am noticing lately, is that some names I think are horrible, sell a lot higher than I expected, and Some that I think are great names sell a lot lower..."Things that make you go Hmmm"..
Pay attention to what's selling high vs. what's selling low on Namejet, Domaining, Sherpa, and all the others...
Anyhow, It's all about what the end user thinks it's worth. Not any of us, nor any appraisal service.
I mean think about it...Who would have ever thought that twitch(dot)tv would have sold for millions? And some others...Really!
If it were posted in this forum, I highly doubt anyone would have even paid $20 for it...But now we're all saying "I so wish I had owned that domain!"
Just learn to do your negotiating correctly when you get offers..Try to look at your names from the end user/business owner's perspective...Why would someone want that name. If you were starting a business, would you buy that name? You have to think of it from the buyers perspective.
Also I definitely wouldn't put $100 OBO on each name, maybe with some, but not all. You do have a few decent ones...unless you're just wanting to get rid of the names, and be done with it all. You might just be leaving money on the table..Just be proactive, and patient...I think that's key in this business.
I hope this helps...Good luck to you! I wish you much success! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back