Domain Empire

discuss Beating Dropcatch.com ? Possible ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Siddharth W

Established Member
Impact
Can we beat Dropcatch or Other big Backordering Service if we use 100's of DesktopCatcher or Similiar Software on 100's of 10+ Gb's VPS with 1000's Of API, On a Single Domain? What I think that Dropcatch.com definitely not waste that resource of Single Domain. So, What are chance to succeed acc. to you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The question is why beat them and how this will benefit domainers community? if someone was able to beat them and got dropped domains privately it will not be fair game for others.. at least drop catching venues play fair game and put catched domains into auction if there is more than 1 bidder.

New drop catching service is always welcomed "if" it is public service not private, competition is always a good thing for customers and will lower prices.

Last edited:
•••
...competition is always a good thing for customers and will lower prices.

Competition will lower prices for customers only for customers to raise the prices back even higher than what they were before :)

I agree with you though, not good for just one entity to get everything.

•••
Competition will lower prices for customers only for customers to raise the prices back even higher than what they were before :)

I agree with you though, not good for just one entity to get everything.

Actually more drop catching services will guarantee reduction of prices for both:
  1. Drop Catching feeds: more service providers will mean new ones will offer the service at lower fees
  2. Auction Bids: more drop catching services will reduce the pressure in auctions in general, because users will be spread among different venues, and thus density of bidders per venue will be less.

•••
Actually more drop catching services will guarantee reduction of prices for both:
  1. Drop Catching feeds: more service providers will mean new ones will offer the service at lower fees
  2. Auction Bids: more drop catching services will reduce the pressure in auctions in general, because users will be spread among different venues, and thus density of bidders per venue will be less.

You know very well that what you mention is only in theory; in practice we have two houses that catch everything with one of them being -potentially- so cheap (~$10) that no-one else can compete... but ofc the 'customers' will show up and skyrocket the price.

While I wouldn't like just one entity getting everything, I wouldn't mind if that entity was me :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back