IT.COM

BANS got me BANNED by Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
-FYI-

BANS got me BANNED by Google

Every one of my .pro sites were in google.

I added BANS and started to see much more traffic from google. Overall traffic went up 4 fold.

Within 3 weeks the traffic dropped back again to less than before.

I searched for my .pro's in google and they are all GONE...not one mention...ANYWHERE.

However, I still am listed in Yahoo...for now.

Thanks BANS...I new I didn't trust your name. :|

/-FYI-

Edit- Rewards.pro was in google, but I developed my own site. It's still in google.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What has scraping of articles got to do with a BANS inspired google ban
Yes I am / was a grumpy GUTS. I do respect and grant you and others the right of debate.

But one thing I am NOT is a Domaineer , I am a DOMAINER
Anyhow I think you are missing the point , it is NOT google fault for banning sites if they think it infringes their rules.

If a site owner thinks they have been unfairly treated, google will listen.
If they do not reverse their decisions ,it is NOT the end of the world.

As I originally said, it is not a GOD GIVEN RIGHT to be listed / accepted by GOOGLE. And I am not a YANK and care very little for the US Government.
They suppress free speech as well , just maybe not as much as some other governments.

Yes , Google listings and adsense income are Great , but not 100% essential to successful Website operation.

Last edited:
•••
when did america nuke someone?

•••
•••
lotta stuff in here, I'll see if can remember some of it.

Yes, WhyPark sites were *also* massively de-indexed at one point. I had maybe four, and two of the domains got dropped out of the index entirely, although my adsense never stopped appearing. That's when I figured I would take the adsense off and not use WhyPark again.

The proper way to do a site command in Google (or Yahoo or MSN) is:

site:domain.com

Don't enter the http or the www, this way will pick up all pages that Google thinks you have if you are still indexed, including sometimes inflated counts if you have old cached and/or supplemental pages.

site:domain.com/*

gives you close to an exact count.

If know for a fact that you have previously appeared in Google, and you do that site command and nothing comes up, it's a ban. You are going to have to clean up that domain and submit it for reinclusion in Google Webmaster Tools to get listed again.

If you've never been listed in Google, it's possible that you never will; there is such a thing as a "bad neighborhood" and people have been dropped not because they did anything specific, but because their DNS was pointing to a parking company, or a company such as WhyPark or BANS.

The bottom line here is, if it sounds too easy, it probably is. You need to use your common sense. Google doesn't want thousands of sites with the same syndicated RSS article feeds on them coming up in the search index - there's no point to it. Google has pretty much gone on record lately that they don't mind indexing parked domains, but they don't want them coming up in the search. So if you are parking, you're not going to be able to rely on Google for traffic.

Google is known for changing rules, sure, but not these - these rules have been in place for a long long time. Go read the Webmaster Guidelines; there have been only a few wording changes over the years. Google essentially wants information that people are actively looking for, not information that is duplicated, or thin, or only useful if someone finds it by accident.

•••
Lets get one thing straight....

I do not blame google!

They are a private company and have the right to put whatever they want in their search engine. As a matter of fact, this is why google is the best, Quality Control.

Still, I didn't think BANS had the strength to get my domains banned...sure maybe pushed from the top of the list, sandboxed maybe, but banned?

Lol, The sites were still listed in google when I had them on Sedo! Talk about no content! At least with Bans the site fit the domain and wasn't all ads.

I think they were pissed because they sent me traffic...that was the difference. Mostly I feel like I let Google down.

•••
Automatic solutions never work for anyone in the end.

Some dudes posts on their MMO blogs that this is a way to make money and you have 20,000 people doing the same thing next. And the next thing that WILL happen is the technique gets killed....or banned.

It always turns out like this.

1 year ago, BANS was working just fine.

Why it is not working now, is because every Tom/Dick/Harry is doing it....

•••
•••
•••
•••
Apparantely a goog tip is to make sure the "Powered by Nichestore" link should not be displayed

Datalife said:
Automatic solutions never work for anyone in the end.

Some dudes posts on their MMO blogs that this is a way to make money and you have 20,000 people doing the same thing next. And the next thing that WILL happen is the technique gets killed....or banned.

It always turns out like this.

1 year ago, BANS was working just fine.

Why it is not working now, is because every Tom/Dick/Harry is doing it....

Its working fine with me

•••
•••
As a general rule, because I value my AdSense account and don't want to lose it, I made the decision not to use it on any site where I didn't 100% control the content. I have something like 80 developed sites using AdSense, and I can't afford to even skirt on the edge of doing something dodgy. The very safest course to take is rely only on your own content (that you either create or hire someone to create); there are plenty of other areas where it makes more sense to gamble.

•••
The day you guys stop obsessing over google, the day you will all be happy..

there are other fish in the sea folks

•••
And I have plenty of those fish working for me as well, but I don't believe in cutting off my nose to spite my face.

•••
netmeg said:
And I have plenty of those fish working for me as well, but I don't believe in cutting off my nose to spite my face.

:lol: Especially when your nose leads you to 60-80% of your visitors!

•••
netmeg said:

well maybe not....

but you could always get a nose job... :lol:

•••
Anyone have this problem? I signed up for Bans, entered the credit card data and clicked submit. No email arrived with login information. I got no response to an email.

I'm sure that they're not trying to cheat me, but I can't be the only one to have this customer service problem, can I?

•••
my two cents

The problem stems from the fact that a private company was allowed to obtain a de-facto monopoly of search on the internet.this allowed them to1]:set arbitrary and self serving policies for indexing and placment in serps,and2]set arbitrary and self serving policies for advertizing rates and AD payment terms/policies. Due to having 70% market share this essentially allows them to act as a administrators for the world's internet and set policy as a sort of quasi government agency. Naturally with monopoly power comes abusive behavior toward small accounts which are not able to negotiate fair terms for ad rates and/search placement,They are "small potatoes" that should consider themselves lucky to get anything from the benevolent? despots serg and larry; who only want to "do no harm"yeh.....No one can explain why congress allowed this.They certainly never would; in the auto industry or the oil business.i suspect the baby boomer senators really didn't understand the implications of googles growing dominance since computers/THE INTERNET were sort of "mysterious" to them. But it is done.It will only get worse until a new competitor comes to knock down the king of the internet.The only actionable thing I can recomend is too reduce your use of adsence as much as possible.especially if they have to pay you[doing some ppc income].They don't like to pay publishers and I am convinced that if you have a site that is costing them it will be much more likely to be deindexed.They can alway find one of there "usual suspect" excuses.If they are just indexing site ,that isn't costing them, that takes away one of there motivtions to screw you.So try to not put all your eggs in gmans basket.Better to take less money from separate ad company even if they are hard to find .Don't feed the monster all your business.

•••
Isis said:
The day you guys stop obsessing over google, the day you will all be happy..

there are other fish in the sea folks
I could not agree more. To plan your business around Google is foolish as they play a shell game with your site's listings and income. They have no long-term plans to be partners with you. The "end game" is to squash all of us or marginalize all of us so as to be irrelevant as competitors to them.

If you make plans to make money without even considering Google then you will/are better off.

You must control the traffic not Google. Forget about them sending you traffic and concentrate on finding traffic you can own permanently (generic domains), then you won't ever need Google.

Even if Google bans my BANS sites it won't affect me very much as I own the traffic and don't need them to "make it".

•••
They want that too

Seabass said:
I could not agree more. To plan your business around Google is foolish as they play a shell game with your site's listings and income. They have no long-term plans to be partners with you. The "end game" is to squash all of us or marginalize all of us so as to be irrelevant as competitors to them.

If you make plans to make money without even considering Google then you will/are better off.

You must control the traffic not Google. Forget about them sending you traffic and concentrate on finding traffic you can own permanently (generic domains), then you won't ever need Google.

Even if Google bans my BANS sites it won't affect me very much as I own the traffic and don't need them to "make it".
you make some great points..but I don't see how you can dismiss the threat.If goo takes over Yahoo search which seems likely..that eliminates one "out".And since your post was writen Goo has released the chrome browser.All reports are it is quite a good product and may grab significant share.One feature it has is the elimination of the browser bar for direct search[this must be acessed by an additional step if requested by user]so in practical use most people will type in to the google search results EVEN IF THEY TRY TO TYPE IN DIRECT and don't want a google search.so type in traffic will be funneled thru regardless unless the customer unless the customer"ops out" or uses the old fashioned msn product.Look at the market share former unknown mozilla grabbed in just a few years,now add goos unlimited resources to throw at promotion and it could quickly grab a large share from msn who bungled the idea of merging with yahoo recently and left themselves sitting ducks .This should go a long way towards achieving the "final solution"of no search ....but goo search.I recall a few years ago goo offered a affiliate program to pay for each download of the goo tools software pac.These are the kinds of things they can do to speed adoption of chrome.Who will stop them ?Nancy Pelosi?

•••
What if you make a subdomain.yourdomain.com and use that as your BANS site?
Then your domain, except for subdomain, can't get banned right? or am I in the wrong here? lol

•••
Been using adsense with BANS 3 months and no problems, just an extra $100 + earnings per month .. example site www.v8s.net

•••
BANS will NOT get you banned from google...doing stupid things will. BANS just lists an RSS feed.

•••
whitebark said:
:lol: Especially when your nose leads you to 60-80% of your visitors!
I must be doing something wrong. Just did a check of several of my sites (including some with 1st page/above the fold) and the highest % of SE traffic was 48.? percent with most under 25%.

•••
i doubt google will ban your bans site forever either

they are trying to suffocate the spam 'BANners

just hold your breath and send your own traffic. hell, buy some adwords or other ppc....

google isn't king, they are more like the wizard of oz....

jmo

Seabass said:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back