Dynadot

BANS got me BANNED by Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
-FYI-

BANS got me BANNED by Google

Every one of my .pro sites were in google.

I added BANS and started to see much more traffic from google. Overall traffic went up 4 fold.

Within 3 weeks the traffic dropped back again to less than before.

I searched for my .pro's in google and they are all GONE...not one mention...ANYWHERE.

However, I still am listed in Yahoo...for now.

Thanks BANS...I new I didn't trust your name. :|

/-FYI-

Edit- Rewards.pro was in google, but I developed my own site. It's still in google.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Thanks for the heads up Ben

•••
Just another remider, There is no easy way to make money, otherwise we would all be rich ;)!

•••
Tivo said:
Just another remider, There is no easy way to make money, otherwise we would all be rich ;)!

Verrrry true

•••
Hence the name "Bans" as in Banned

•••
I wasn't expecting to make millions or even make a lot of money (or any money for that matter). The idea was an easy way to build a site...not get banned by google for doing so.

This is just a warning...it happened to me it can happen to you.

If you are using BANS check to see if your site is still in google. If it is Change as much as you can so it looks unique (HTML-wise, code wise, remove repeating text). I apparently didn't change enough. Who knows what the trigger was, but I'm out.

•••
Ben42 said:
I wasn't expecting to make millions or even make a lot of money (or any money for that matter). The idea was an easy way to build a site...not get banned by google for doing so.

This is just a warning...it happened to me it can happen to you.

Exactly my point. You take the easy way to do something its like building a rope bridge compared to a steel bridge. The rope bridge does not last long without constant upkeep and can fall at any point. The steel bridge needs minimal upkeep and can withstand earthquakes if built correctly. ;)!

•••
How much did you pay them? What is the name of one of the sites that got banned?

•••
Tivo said:

Exactly!

•••
bionichead said:
How much did you pay them? What is the name of one of the sites that got banned?

I didn't use bans for all my sites, just some of my .pro's. At least they look nice.

Parts*pro, Bass*pro, Scuba*pro, Ethanol*pro

Rewards.pro looks ugly, but is still listed...no BANS.

Money-Wise

I won't divulge what I was making with them exactly, but now it's less than before I installed BANS, with just a goofy custom parking page I whipped up with my awesome HTML skillz. :hehe: But at least then I was getting some traffic from google.

•••
this is the first i've heard of a widespread deindexing of websites made from bans. i guess it reached the point where so many people where using it and providing little to no value to google searchers that they're stepping in and taking them out of the index.

•••
shockie said:
this is the first i've heard of a widespread deindexing of websites made from bans. i guess it reached the point where so many people where using it and providing little to no value to google searchers that they're stepping in and taking them out of the index.

It seems they made the cut notwithstanding the custom pages I had added. If I used the BANS template the site is gone. It's to bad too, it made building sites VERY easy. From the store it was a snap to add new content pages.

Any other BANS users see this? Was I just first on the chopping block?

•••
Ben I'm sorry to hear that.

I only have have one BANS site and I didn't not put any Adsense to it even though you could put it.

When you downloaded BANS to your server did you take out these files:
install-php and mysql-php

dash = dot

•••
I just ran a Google "site:http://www.parts.pro" check on your Parts.pro - weird - not a hint of anything - appears to be completely deindexed, but you still have a Google backlink into it (from this Forum)....

I guess I never saw anything like that before

That's what an actual severe Google penalty (banning) looks like. That means it's not like a parked devaluation, where you might still be in the index but don't rank or come up for any but the longest tail searches, if that.

If you had this site in Google Webmaster Tools, you might be able to go there and see if they sent you a message about it - sometimes they do that. I'm kind of surprised they banned you but left your AdSense going, but they are different departments and possibly AdSense hasn't gotten to it yet.

If I were you, I would remove my AdSense from all banned pages until you move them to another server or program. If you want to keep your AdSense account, that is. Because while I don't know this for sure, if Google tossed you completely out of the SERPS, then AdSense tossing you out is probably likely in the near future.

Just my opinion.

•••
xman said:
When you downloaded BANS to your server did you take out these files:
install-php and mysql-php

dash = dot

I did when I first downloaded xman, thanks for the tip, but I don't think thats what got me.

netmeg said:
If I were you, I would remove my AdSense from all banned pages until you move them to another server or program. If you want to keep your AdSense account, that is. Because while I don't know this for sure, if Google tossed you completely out of the SERPS, then AdSense tossing you out is probably likely in the near future.

Just my opinion.

Good point Netmeg, better safe than sorry. I've ben an excellent publisher for google for years, it would suck to lose it over these sites. lol, I'll put YPN in there. ;)

•••
Thats terrible. When google takes you out, is it them banning your IP from having sites indexed, or just the BANS sites? Is BANS at fault in any of this? Are you going to bring this to their attention?

•••
domainer50 said:
Thats terrible. When google takes you out, is it them banning your IP from having sites indexed, or just the BANS sites? Is BANS at fault in any of this? Are you going to bring this to their attention?

I'm sure this thread will bring their attention. I would have posted it on their forum, but news like this is bad for business so I figured I'd post it on a neutral forum.

So far it just seems like it's the bans sites themselves. My other pro site (Hosted in the same place on a reseller) seems uneffected.

•••
Ben42 said:
I'm sure this thread will bring their attention. I would have posted it on their forum, but news like this is bad for business so I figured I'd post it on a neutral forum.

So far it just seems like it's the bans sites themselves. My other pro site (Hosted in the same place on a reseller) seems uneffected.

Hmm. I would send them an email or if they have a number listed, call them. Thats worse for your business. Lets face it, Google is the king these days, not having your sites allowed in, isnt good. Id ask for a refund, not sure if they would provide, but its something to consider.

•••
If they give me a refund they will have to give a LOT of people a refund. I don't think thats going to happen. Just a good idea that went bad.

The value of these names will be hugely impacted right now (Not that .pro's have much value anyway;) ). I need to think about damage control and start doing research on how to get them listed again. #1 will be to remove BANS. But for now it will stay up while I spread the word.

domainer50 said:
Thats worse for your business. Id ask for a refund, not sure if they would provide, but its something to consider.

I mean bad for business as in if I posted a thread there it would be deleted. I have sent them an email though...also I asked if they have had any other complaints.

I apreciate your input. :)

•••
Good Luck Ben.

Thanks for spreading the word.

Paul

•••
Ben keep us updated about this issue.

•••
Hi Ben,
Very sorry to hear about your predicament, but google is updating there pageranks and i think your just caught up in an update. wait for a few days until all of there servers are updated and then check again. im sure this is the case because your adsense would have been the first to go.

I hope this is the case
Cheers
Rob

•••
Tivo said:
Exactly my point. You take the easy way to do something its like building a rope bridge compared to a steel bridge. The rope bridge does not last long without constant upkeep and can fall at any point. The steel bridge needs minimal upkeep and can withstand earthquakes if built correctly. ;)!

or the bridge can be destroyed by a power hungry corporation that hates the construction company you hired to build your bridge....

so before you get all high and mighty here keep in mind that BANS is no different a concept than SEDO...

As for google, remember they are not the only fish in the ocean, granted...they're a big fish.

There are other ways to get traffic....MSN, Yahoo, and others

the sooner we stop begging Google for table scraps, the sooner we'll all be wealthier

jmo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back