NameSilo

BANS got me BANNED by Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
-FYI-

Every one of my .pro sites were in google.

I added BANS and started to see much more traffic from google. Overall traffic went up 4 fold.

Within 3 weeks the traffic dropped back again to less than before.

I searched for my .pro's in google and they are all GONE...not one mention...ANYWHERE.

However, I still am listed in Yahoo...for now.

Thanks BANS...I new I didn't trust your name. :|

/-FYI-

Edit- Rewards.pro was in google, but I developed my own site. It's still in google.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
u8l2 said:
im sure this is the case because your adsense would have been the first to go.

I hope this is the case
Cheers
Rob

Thanks Rob, but sadly I don't think it is...why would my rewards.pro on the same server and all be uneffected and the 4 others all Bans be? I've been wiped.

Just like to say I appreciate everyones support.

Just found this...Wish I woulda read it first.

http://www.jtpratt.com/why-bans-niche-sites-get-banned-from-google/

•••
Sorry to hear that happened to you but some of us have been harping about these "solutions" for some time. Like the whypark de-listing this one was easy to see coming. The vast majority of these bans sites are exactly the same, they have no real content and break google's terms of service for adsense.

As a directory owner I see hundreds of these bans sites submitted every week. I deny them all - they are worse than most MFA websites.

Besides that - google and ebay have never been great friends... I said that at the Vancouver domainer meeting - "I won't touch bans as they will all be banned from google sooner or later."

Now the hard part comes - getting your domains re-indexed with some new content. It can be a long hard climb out the hole - and there is no guarantee they will ever re-list them even with new content. A real killer for resale values..

•••
Ben,

I feel for you my friend, its extremely horid when something this drastic happens to a fellow domainer.. My advice suck it up mate and get stuck in to good solid Google loving SEO!! and hopely your sites will list.

Another good way of getting back on google is Dmoz.. Google instantly list them also try some blogging and post your domain names in link form.. Blogs are picked up daily by bots!! so i hope it doesnt take too long for you to get listed again.

Thanks for spreading the word i did consider Bans but decided to do it the old fashion way and manually add my ebay ads in topics relevant on some of my sites.

Best Of luck

Steve
Tips

•••
Someone hinted towards this already, but you should definitely register with Google Webmaster Tools http://google.com/webmaster and look for answers to your deindexing.

Did you do a lot of cross linking between all your BANS sites?

How much traffic was Google delivering to your BANS sites? You mentioned it went up 4x, was that 5 visitors to 20 or 200 to 800?

Was the Google traffic converting for you?

Last edited:
•••
Ben42 said:
-FYI-

Every one of my .pro sites were in google.

I added BANS and started to see much more traffic from google. Overall traffic went up 4 fold.

Within 3 weeks the traffic dropped back again to less than before.

I searched for my .pro's in google and they are all GONE...not one mention...ANYWHERE.

However, I still am listed in Yahoo...for now.

Thanks BANS...I new I didn't trust your name. :|

/-FYI-

Edit- Rewards.pro was in google, but I developed my own site. It's still in google.

Probably because you have no content on your site whatsoever ... you need content, articles etc, here is one of my bans sites Backpackers

•••
•••
More like 100 to 400

Google was delivering about 90% of the traffic

The traffic was not really converting into too many clicks, but ebay was getting clicks. That probably made them mad.

Your Depression Forum seems to have been spared so far though Billy...your right though, the more you make it not a BANS site the safer you are...

•••
Oh man, I've just purchased BANS a few weeks ago!

•••
adiboy said:

I think its better to put ebay affiliate links on a mini site, rather than just use BANS. But be sure to keep us updated

•••
copper said:
Sorry to hear that, Ben.

It's not just BANS sites.
Google see such site as "site that doesn't have any value to visitors".

You need to have unique contents.

You can check your domain to see if it's banned from google here.

Sorry buddy.
Your site is banned from google as well.

They need to fix the script ... it says You site yoursite.com IS BANDED by google!

Should say Banned ... not Banded for your info.

copper said:
Sorry to hear that, Ben.

It's not just BANS sites.
Google see such site as "site that doesn't have any value to visitors".

You need to have unique contents.

You can check your domain to see if it's banned from google here.

Sorry buddy.
Your site is banned from google as well.

Also is that script correct because some of my sites are coming up banned?

•••
Billy! said:
They need to fix the script ... it says You site yoursite.com IS BANDED by google!
Should say Banned ... not Banded for your info.
Thanks. It's fixed :)

Also is that script correct because some of my sites are coming up banned?

As far as I know, I think it's working fine. And sorry if your site shows banned :(

•••
Mmmm if so it is a good script, when it says Banned what does it mean, just not listed in google?

•••
Billy I think copper is right I checked it and it said IS BANNED by google!

Search your site in google it won't show up.

•••
How does google ban the sites then? With Spiders or something?

•••
It must have something to do with spiders and looking at the code. Your site was very well disguised, and I believe very well done, but still it got banned...not good.

•••
adiboy said:

Same here.

•••
Possible cause...
Google see too many sites using BANS are all same.
So, when google bot see codes used by BANS, it gets banned (deindexed).

•••
How do you get it undeindexed? And if it is banned from google search .. does that mean a adsense ban could happen?

Cooper:

For you... I created these

Just found out some of mine are and not happy!

http://www.DNF/f465/your-site-banned-google-thread-313787.html

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?p=8634168

http://www.namepros.com/google-adsense/496843-is-your-site-banned-from-google.html

http://www.AcornDomains/search-engine-optimisation/39022-your-site-banned-google.html

•••
One thing A LOT of you forget !!
You do not have a God given right to be listed by google or be acceptable to google adsense.

Sites owners should take most ,if not all the BLAME for being de-indexed or rejected by google

•••
Billy! said:
How do you get it undeindexed? And if it is banned from google search .. does that mean a adsense ban could happen?
Not sure about adsense acct.

Here is how to get "reindexed" in your case.
1. Remove BANS created site.
2. Review Webmaster Guidelines
3. Recreate the site based on #2.
4. submit a "reconsideration request" inside the Webmaster Tools

I had one of my domain banned from google about 2 years ago.
It took me about 3 months to get back into Google again ;)

•••
Barefoottech said:
One thing A LOT of you forget !!
You do not have a God given right to be listed by google or be acceptable to google adsense.

Sites owners should take most ,if not all the BLAME for being de-indexed or rejected by google

Thats not nice Barefoot. What do you mean mate?

Well I just got informed that the sites come up banned because they are new and have not been spidered properly ... all of my banned sites are a couple weeks old.

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?p=8634168#post8634168

•••
•••
I feel your pain my friend. I bought a domain for $100 that was ranking extremely well in every keyword I was targeting. This was my best site and was beginning to make some money. Once I added adsense to my bans store, that was the end. I'm still on google, but impossible to find.

It's weird because I have about 4 other bans stores that haven't lost their rankings and stay in the top 10 of my targeted keywords. 2 of them still have adsense and do just fine.

I graduated from bans and have moved on to building with wordpress...

•••
if anyone still has one of these banned bans sites still up i'd like to have a quick look out of curiousity. you can pm me the urls if you don't want to post here.

•••
l2ride55 said:
Guess you've never been Google Bombed? Just how is it that the site owner can protect himself from that, or from paying for a program then having the program banned?

Maybe you just didn't think that statement through. That's a mighty bold statement coming from a domaineer you made there......

L2
We are Not talking about getting banned by being GOOGLE Bombed, Google will consider re-instatement if you contact them about that problem.

Paying for a Program like BANS does not automatically exempt you from the possiblity of being Google banned.

Only yesterday ,I installed a commercial script for a client that unless modified would have had my client banned from google if the script had not been modified.

So who is at fault.
1/ GOOGLE for enforcing their policies.
2/ Client for using a Script or program that breaks Googles TOS.
3/ Program / Script supplier for NOT ensuring that the product/Service they supply is of usable quality.

I assert that 2 and 3 are the ones to BLAME.

As a Domainer and long-time user of GOOGLE ,yes I did think that statement through!
Did you think though your rebuttal?

DavidJames said:
I graduated from bans and have moved on to building with wordpress...
Great, someone with some sense and I wish you all success..
Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Free HTML templates or jeez even Blogger BLOGS are better than BANS.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back