Dynadot

Backorder Sale! .COM and .NET domains for only $7.85! [July 2014]

NameSilo
Watch

Introducing the new and improved Dynadot Dropcatcher! We've recently increased our registry connections and updated the technology behind our Dynadot Dropcatcher. You can submit your backorder request with no upfront charges* through our website or API. Try our new service during the month of July and start catching .COM and .NET domains for only $7.85 and .ORG domains for only $8.25! We are constantly working on improving our products and expanding our drop catch capabilities so your feedback is important to us! Feel free to post any questions or feedback for our team.​

*Must have made minimum payment of $2 in the last 365 days

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gotta admit - that's a pretty good sale DynaDot :)

How long are you guys going to keep this running for??

•••
Glad you love it! The sale will last the whole month of July 2014.

•••
I backordered the same domain at both GoDaddy ($20.98) and Dynadot ($7.85) to see who would win.

Dynadot won! (Saved me $13.13)

I could get used to this. :)

•••
Whoo hoo! It's good to see that all our efforts in improving our drop catching system are paying off for customers! :)

•••
GoDaddy never wins, unless the domain isn't picked up anywhere else. So I don't think that qualifies as an endorsement.

•••
I also tried out Dynadot Backorder. So far 1 for 1. 100% success.

•••
I'll be sure to check it out!

•••
Captured 2 out of 10 now. 20% success. This 2nd success beat out Pheenix and saved me money. All the lost domains had multiple bids. So they are still not competitive. But still worth a try for those less competitive domains.

•••
This 2nd success beat out Pheenix and saved me money.

Awesome, so they beat GoDaddy and Pheenix for a fraction of the price. That's great news. Thanks for sharing, stub.

It's worth noting that it's unrealistic to compare them to services that charge $50.00 or more. There is a reason those services charge that much.

Last edited:
•••
This Dynadot price is only for the month of July. It's a promo since they beefed up their drop catching, and they want people to try them. The price goes back up to Pheenix levels in August.

Last edited:
•••
DynaDot Team - Do you guys have any plans to make an API call for placing backorders??

•••
How does Dyndot determine traffic to a domain name?

•••
•••
The traffic is provided to us from Verisign (in the case of COM/NET domains). Though, I always encourage people to do their own research to determine what the traffic may actually be.

No traffic is provided for ORG domains.

•••
DynaDot Team - Do you guys have any plans to make an API call for placing backorders??

I don't know, probably not. Those who use the API, typically try to catch their own domains, so they don't even bother with our back ordering system!

•••
As far as I can tell, Pheenix changes around $19.00 at a minimum, so we would still beat them by a few bucks.

Ideally, as we continue to beef up our system, hopefully the rest of them get lazy and stay the same, we can become more competitive with the more valuable domains. :)

•••
The traffic data is reliable, but it's important to understand what it does and does not represent.

From DNW:
Since VeriSign runs the DNS for .net and .com, it has access to data that most other sources don’t have.

IPS’ data set is rich, including non-existent domain and existent-domain traffic data.

This requires an understanding of how DNS works (e.g. ISP-level caching of these lookups), along with other caveats about the data (e.g. bot traffic is not filtered out), but the data is correct. It's just misunderstood. :(

•••
Can you backorder a domain that is not in pending delete?

•••
Well, Dynadot was my place for Bo's and grabbed good names there all the time..... But now, becoming crowded seen the sale...

Dynadot always had a reliable catcher, but not too many people used until now....

•••
@ Adam27

No, you can only backorder domains that are on the pending delete domains list.

•••
•••
We currently only support .COM, .NET, and .ORG backorders. Not all domains are available to backorder, so we can only try to catch the ones on the list if someone places a request.

You can use our watchlist if you're looking to track domains. Our system will email you when the domain is available to backorder or when it becomes available to register.

•••
Ok. It's now one for Dynadot and one for Pheenix.

•••
Hi everyone, please keep those backorder requests coming in. We're catching lots of domains. For those of you who come up with lists of domains to catch everyday we've added 2 new options to submit your domain list. The first is bulk domain list submission on our backorder page. The second is through our API.

For the backorder page, all you have to do is click the "Submit domain list" checkbox and the search box expands. Paste your list in, and then in the search results you can use the top checkbox to check all and request your backorders in bulk.

For more advanced users, we have our API. We've added 3 commands. You can add backorder requests, delete backorder requests, and list your backorder requests. The backorder page has a link to download the pendingDelete domains filtered by day, tld, idns, etc, so you can just retrieve that link and do additional narrowing down in your own scripts, and then finally submit the list of domains to our API.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back