IT.COM

Backorder Sale! .COM and .NET domains for only $7.85! [July 2014]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Introducing the new and improved Dynadot Dropcatcher! We've recently increased our registry connections and updated the technology behind our Dynadot Dropcatcher. You can submit your backorder request with no upfront charges* through our website or API. Try our new service during the month of July and start catching .COM and .NET domains for only $7.85 and .ORG domains for only $8.25! We are constantly working on improving our products and expanding our drop catch capabilities so your feedback is important to us! Feel free to post any questions or feedback for our team.​

*Must have made minimum payment of $2 in the last 365 days

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
LOL they could not handle the praise it seems. They doubled their prices! No thanks! Hand Reg it is then B-)

•••
Obviously you haven't been paying attention. The July rate was discounted in order to promo their backordering service. The rate now is back to normal and still the cheapest backorder service available. The only problem I have with their service is that every backorder is public. I'd rather pay $4 more for a private backorder.

•••
I just used it for .orgs though and $15 for an .org is a bit too much. And where does it cost $4? Pheenix is free I believe.

•••
The July rate was discounted in order to promo their backordering service. The rate now is back to normal and still the cheapest backorder service available.

a 35% off WOW code makes godaddy's a little cheaper. but you have to pay first for each backorder.

I will give Dynadot's backorder a try when a domain I want enters pending delete.

also, I did not see the price on the website.

•••
Price is quoted in this thread, iirc. $14.99 including registration fee. Pheenix is $18.99. $4 more and private backorder. I think private backorder is worth the $4, all other things being equal. Which they seem to be from my limited testing.

As for GoDaddy, they cannot even beat a hand-reg at their own registrar (really), so I would recommend Dynadot/Pheenix over GoDaddy, every time.

Last edited:
•••
yeah, I saw the price here. just not on their website.

I like that the dynadot backorder doesn't tie up customer funds until there is a successful capture.

•••
Most backorder companies work that way. Same with Pheenix, but the backorder is private, not public like at Dynadot.

•••
@stub Any Other website you would recommend for .orgs?

•••
more than 30 attempts later on very mediocre name still 0% catch rate. Horrendous!

•••
@steelbangle - SnapNames

@Joshua Reason - would you like to share your strategy @ Dynadot? This hasn't been my experience at all. They won't beat the big guys like SnapNames/NameJet/Reberry. So if you are backordering at Dynadot domains which have been backordered elsewhere, then this might explain your skewed results. When I backorder at Dynadot and Pheenix, they kind of share the honors, although it is only a tiny sample. At least 80% of the time neither of them capture the domains I've backordered. They work best for domains which aren't backordered anywhere else. Also, I repeat, I prefer to backorder at Pheenix because the backorder is private, AND it's much easier to place a backorder at Pheenix. You don't have to search for the name from their list of dropping domains.

Last edited:
•••
@steelbangle - SnapNames

@Joshua Reason - would you like to share your strategy @ Dynadot? This hasn't been my experience at all. They won't beat the big guys like SnapNames/NameJet/Reberry. So if you are backordering at Dynadot domains which have been backordered elsewhere, then this might explain your skewed results. When I backorder at Dynadot and Pheenix, they kind of share the honors, although it is only a tiny sample. At least 80% of the time neither of them capture the domains I've backordered. They work best for domains which aren't backordered anywhere else. Also, I repeat, I prefer to backorder at Pheenix because the backorder is private, AND it's much easier to place a backorder at Pheenix. You don't have to search for the name from their list of dropping domains.
What's the point in back ordering names that are going to be dropped and available to hand reg.... I know you said its a strategy to beat the hand reggers but that's not why you backorder names. Why would I pay $15 for a name I can hand reg later that day for $2.

I wanted to get essexsecurity dot com for example and I was the only one to back order at dynadot.... Yet failed as always. Any name worth having will almost certainly get backordered elsewhere but if your main service is back ordering you need to at least compete on these mediocre names.

•••
You commit to pay the $15 should Dynadot capture it for you to give you a greater degree of certainty that you will capture/own the domain. It you wait to hand reg it, it might be gone. If it's a good name, it will almost certainly have been backordered somewhere. If you are using Dynadot to compete with other backorder companies, then I think your strategy is flawed. Which clearly it is, from your stats.

I've said this before. You should at least backorder at the same companies where there are backorders on the domain, and at any other company who has a similar level of success of catching dropping domains. For example. If a domain is backordered at SnapNames you should at least backorder it at SnapNames/NameJet and probably 1 other company. I would not use Dynadot for a case like my example. I would use Dynadot if there were no other backorders anywhere else. But, as I've also said before, I would use Pheenix instead because I don't like the public backorder system of Dynadot. You never know. Somebody might be watching the backorders at Dynadot and placing backorders elsewhere. That is a big flaw in Dynadot's backordering service.

Last edited:
•••
I apologise re-opening the thread (especially if there is another one already open) but I'm curious, is anyone having any success with Dynadot's backorders so far?

•••
I don't use them a lot, but when I've backordered at Pheenix and Dynadot only, Dynadot have won the domain approx 40%+ of the time. Pheenix, on the other hand have won the domain 50%+ of the time. Considering that Dynadot backorders are public and Pheenix backorders are private. I prefer to use Pheenix for my backordering. You probably should not place a backorder at either place, if there are backorders elsewhere, ie: SnapNames/NameJet/and others. They are unlikely to win the backorder against these big boys. Of course, there might be a slight chance of 1:10M that they might win a domain backordered somewhere else, but it would be a fluke, if it happened. So I wouldn't use them as a backup strategy.

•••
•••
I believe dynadot has also made their backorders private.

•••
Back