IT.COM

Backorder Sale! .COM and .NET domains for only $7.85! [July 2014]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact

Introducing the new and improved Dynadot Dropcatcher! We've recently increased our registry connections and updated the technology behind our Dynadot Dropcatcher. You can submit your backorder request with no upfront charges* through our website or API. Try our new service during the month of July and start catching .COM and .NET domains for only $7.85 and .ORG domains for only $8.25! We are constantly working on improving our products and expanding our drop catch capabilities so your feedback is important to us! Feel free to post any questions or feedback for our team.​

*Must have made minimum payment of $2 in the last 365 days

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have placed many BO's to date and can see the catching % of DynaDot is almost zero. I am talking about the names for which other BO companies are going after and not the names which gets available to hand register.

So I think it's better to improve your catching rate rather than reducing the BO price which doesn't make much sense... at least to me...

Good luck!

•••
They caught a decent org domain I was interested in and it went to auction. I'm pretty sure they were other BOs on it but I did not check. Also caught a com I wanted but was 4 words. I was likely the only one who wanted it.

The majority of BOs are not going through.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the feedback AbdulBasit.com and Adam27

You can kind of think of us as the place to use for the domains that you don't want to backorder for a $69 starting price and at the same time beat out the hand regs and smaller catchers. You can still backorder through us and the $69 places. Every once and a while we may beat them out. The $7.85 .COM/.NET and $8.25 .ORG prices are the sale prices. It goes back up to $14.99 in August.

We've only been drop catching .ORG domains for about a month now. Their drop process is very different from .COM/.NET. The results so far do look promising.

•••
I haven't tried backordering any .org and just .com name.
It's better to increase the price as well as improve the catching rate so people will be happy to more once they see the betterment in your system.

•••
We've had a few request to increase the limit of backorder request. If you would like the limit increased on your account please PM us with your username. Happy catching!

•••
Since the beginning I have the impression that the
"pending/delete list"-visitoramounts are not correct.
(If I put in other stats-searchers I get totally different info).
You say they come from Verisign. Maybe you do but do the test and look up the domains in other stats-searchers. Or simply take a name put in google and put also in "stats". There you'll see probably some of these domains already have been checked.

The stats are probably right for the expired domains-list from DD-custiomers, but that's something else.
=> DO BEWARE ABOUT ANOTHER PROBLEM => now in the expired domains list the IDN's aren't marked as "IDN". So you can think you buy a good name, and it's an IDN. (Not that IDN's are not valuable, they can be, but it copncerns look-a-likes.

Something else that's bothering me is the fact that if you place a backorder at Dynadot => everybody can see all the domains that have a backorder. That attrackts other people to backorder the same domain (at Dynadot or elswhere !).
Other BO-servies don't do that except some of them. It's better that only after a domain is successfully captured, you hear that there are others who backorderred also.

•••
@Domainstore- Yes, our pending/delete list visitors stats come from verisign's pending delete info they send us. Our expired auctions visitors stats are from third party parking companies we use to park expired domain names. The stats we publish in the expired auctions website are directly from these companies.

Thank you for your feedback on IDN domains in the expired auctions and our backorder system! We'll pass this on to our team.

•••
I think this IDN domains identification is a very serious issue. I haven't been caught out yet, but if I do get caught, I'm going to be pissed about it.

•••
You can filter out the IDNs on the Expired Auction page under "Other Options". Also, when you click on the domain name itself to place your bid, the "Domain Stats" section does show the punycode. You should be able to do the same thing with the backorder page.

Thanks again for your feedback!

•••
Also the page navigation isn't very good. Only being able to go one page forward and back. No going to the start or end. Not being able to specify a page number to go to. It's very restrictive.

•••
Thanks for adding a bulk search for backorders. I'm backordering several domains a day, and while Dynadot doesn't win them all, it does save me money when they do. I'm satisfied with that.

@Dynadot, you might consider having a high-end backorder product in addition to this one, because some domains are worth $60+ to backorder and some just aren't. There is a market for both pricing levels, and it'd be great if the same company handled both. For example, you could assign more resources to the $60+ backorders and less resources to the inexpensive backorders. Maybe even let the customer decide how much they want to pay per backorder (minimum of $10) and then dedicate more resources to the highest paid backorders. Just an idea.

Keep up the great work!

•••
You can filter out the IDNs on the Expired Auction page under "Other Options". Also, when you click on the domain name itself to place your bid, the "Domain Stats" section does show the punycode. You should be able to do the same thing with the backorder page.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Thanks Dynadot-staff for the tag and the reply,
Ik know the things you are telling me, but tha main thing that in the list of expired domains, "lookalike" IDNS to Latin characters-domains you don't se its an IDN. The consequence sems that these domains attract many bidders, not being aware it is an IDN. I know that bidders can see once they place a bid that it is an IDN by the punycode but these people don't know what a punycode is, and usually they don't pay attention to that at that time, and bid.
I know also that if you beforehand look "only for IDNS" or "not for IDNS" that you can see it. But somebody who has never heard of IDNS, doesn't see a warning in the general full list, and that's a problem IMHO.

•••
And about the backordering => Please keep in mind not to mention if there are backorders on them. Otherwise this attracts more biddes and competition. People who worked hard to find domains in the pending delete list, and place a backorder, are faced with the fact that everybody can see that there's a backorder on the names they backorderred.

•••
Dynadot will earn less money if the backorders were private. I can't see them making them private.

•••
•••
Rookie question, if I backorder a domain and it goes to auction and I lose. Do I lost the backorder credit or I dont get charged?

•••
You only have to pay the backorder fee if we successfully catch the domain. If it goes to auction, you only have to pay if you're the auction winner.

•••
dynadot catch good domains but no chance to get at backorder price..domains always go to private auction.

•••
Hi all, the sale is almost over. After July 31, the price goes back up to $14.99. Still though, $14.99 is pretty much the lowest price you'll find for dropcatching.

We'd like to thank everyone for participating in this thread, offering feedback, and trying out our new and improved dropcatching system. July has been our best month so far. We hope to continue this trend. Our engineers will continue to work on improving are catching algorithm and catch rate. We're close to sending 1000 registration requests/second. We'll definitely be adding more registry connections to increase our throughput to the registry. We hope to surpass the 1 registration request per millisecond mark.

@stub - Regarding page navigation, I'll forward your suggestion of specifying a page number to our web design team.

@Joseph Green - Thanks for the suggestion about tiered pricing for backorders. Though for us to be really competitive with the high end domain catching, I figure we'd need to pay at minimum a half million in ICANN fees every year for the extra throughput. We probably won't be going that far, at least for this year.

@Domainstore - One way to try to prevent others from adding on to the domains you want is to submit your backorder requests at the last minute. With our API and your own script/cron job you can automatically submit all your backorder requests like at the last few seconds of the cutoff time if you wanted.

Thanks again everyone. Feel free to give us more of your feedback.

•••
I just love Dynadot. Keep it up guys!

•••
Dynadot didn't catch one domain for me. 0/11

•••
Maybe you are after the wrong domains. It did catch 2 LLLL coms today as well!

•••
and thoose 2x llll.com go to auction ? or catch it at normal price?
Maybe you are after the wrong domains. It did catch 2 LLLL coms today as well!

•••
Well they do go to auction at other websites like NJ, pheenix and DC too (mostly). Infact dropcatch has a public auction on multiple orders. It is just about luck tbh.

•••
@Joshua Reason - Dynadot isn't going to catch any domain which has a demand vis-a-vis the major drop-catchers like SnapNames/Reberry. They admit it themselves that they cannot compete. My experience is that it is about on par with Pheenix. ie: mostly for domains which would have dropped and stayed dropped. The reason to use them is because the domain you want doesn't have great demand but you want to have some advantage over other hand-reggers. They might beat the big drop-catchers once in a blue moon. But the work involved in setting up a public backorder, doesn't make it a viable proposition as a strategy. It's much easier to setup a private backorder at Pheenix for $4 more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back