IT.COM

Backorder advice needed

NameSilo
Watch

in31

Impact
Hi, I'm new to back ordering domains. I've been monitoring a .com domain name which has been moved into the pending delete phase. The domain name was previously on Pheenix but it is now due to drop in a few days. I don't want to take any chances in terms of registering it manually.

Which backordering service(s) can I use to ensure I capture the expiring domain name?

Many thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is the current registrar?
You can send me the domain over PM - don't post it here publicly. I won't go after it. I'll just try to help you get better chances at catching it.

•••
If the domain truly is pending-delete (check whois), then the registrar does not matter. Any dropcatcher has a chance.

•••
If I wanted to have the best chance of getting a domain that is dropping, I would use two backorder services. Dropcatch(.)com and SnapNames(.)com seem to have the best track records.

•••
If I wanted to have the best chance I would use all the backordering services that offer a full refund if they don't catch the domain.

•••
If I wanted to have the best chance of getting a domain that is dropping, I would use two backorder services. Dropcatch(.)com and SnapNames(.)com seem to have the best track records.

Namejet.com handles backorders for Snapnames now.

•••
•••
use the pheenix backorder service, if the name is held with them there might be a better chance of obtaining it.

•••
Abandon all hope. HugeDomains will get it!

•••
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I placed a backorder on DropCatch and won it. Luckily I was the only bidder so I won it outright. I also placed a backorder on NameJet where there was another bidder, which I understand would have went to a private auction if they grabbed it. A nice, straightforward first backorder experience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back