Dynadot

discuss Automating Outbound

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This is more of business + technical question that I had in mind.
Is there any software out there that can scrap the email address from the Google search results, for the domain names I input, transfer it into an Excel?

Then I could use the same, and automate to send out emails to different possible recipients.

Here are the steps I am thinking of:

1) Use the domain keywords to 'Google search' or run a tool to extract the list of websites
2) Scrap the email addresses from the websites
3) Store the email address in an Excel Sheet
4) Get the email address from the Excel sheet, take a fixed template and then, send out emails from one of my email ids.

Is it possible to automate this in any way?
I am open to exploring some paid tools as well, if required, but this looks like a good thing to explore.
If you have automated part of it, or completely, I would be happy knowing more about it.

Please also share if you think this is not possible at all.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't disagree, but if automation/computer can do it the same way I can 10X or 100X faster, would there be a problem with that? Things like AI make it possible, and far be it for this 73 year old to think outside the box:xf.wink:

Everything is possible using automation, I do suggest before you build tools spend a good amount of time doing it manually and take notes.

•••
the author asked a precise question, no clear response yet.

this could be one of the most useful threads in namepros ever.

•••
There have been several explicitly clear responses and the question has been approached from several angles. Several obviously believe a scattergun constitutes targetting and some have offered their scatterguns for use. Most of us do not.

All that is possibly left is to actually do it for you, or not, as the case may be. Sorry, no takers.

•••
To me, it seems possible and I'm to work on this from next month.

You don't have to scrape the email from websites, rather scrape the emails from Google search result... and automate the email sending process.

Only manual work you will need is replying to the email if any lead comes.

•••
On a more serious note, i'm planning a good spam attack, with a fellow Canadian, to likely buyers of .realty domains.....i think we're looking to spam Kitchener.realty to some unsuspecting "end user" in Ontario:xf.wink:
I wish you the best with your campaign, but don't delude yourself into thinking that's "good spam".

You say you're targeting likely buyers. How will you determine that?

•••
I wish you the best with your campaign, but don't delude yourself into thinking that's "good spam".

You say you're targeting likely buyers. How will you determine that?
Likely buyers are people who have a connection the real estate industry like brokers, agents and home builders. Unlikely buyers are butchers, bakers and candlestick makers:xf.wink:

Spam and eggs....now there's good spam:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
To me, it seems possible and I'm to work on this from next month.

You don't have to scrape the email from websites, rather scrape the emails from Google search result... and automate the email sending process.

Only manual work you will need is replying to the email if any lead comes.
Now there's a plan Alex....i knew all this could be automated. As the old saying goes, "where there's a will there's a way."(y)

•••
It is possible to get targeted clients, please check:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...hUKEwjr16rO2rHsAhUIA3IKHeEeCOoQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

in 100 search results, I found over 50 emails without doing any manual work......

You can write an AHK script based on certain keywords to search in google, and you will get all the emails in your desired file, desired format......... and even you can send the emails automatically.

•••

I disagree. Of course it can be automated. What kind of question is that?

I think he was more looking for advice on how to do that or some kind of feedback. He got feedback.

If he doesn't code, he needs to hire a coder. If he does, then the question is redundant.

•••
I don't think anyone is saying it doesn't work to produce potential contact details. Are you vetting them to make sure the contacts are relevant, and the emails are the correct business emails?

Personally, I just think it's lazy. And I think that will come through in your emails.

•••
Since the targeted keywords are put in the search result so most of the search result should be relevant.....

However, it is an automated task so can't beat the manual work.

•••
Since the targeted keywords are put in the search result so most of the search result should be relevant.....

However, it is an automated task so can't beat the manual work.
I just want to provide a quick example of why I think this isn't a great idea unless you're willing to put in extra time to vet the contact info...

Based on your search results, this article link appeared on the 2nd page of Google:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ustody-cases&usg=AOvVaw1HJo0HxJkZzmjzyplYdIRP

And this is the email that would have been pulled: ***morrison / @ / gmail.com

That email belongs to a commenter who was posting about an ordeal she suffered involving an abusive spouse and the resulting custody battle. At the end of her post, she provides this email for anyone who may be able to contact her to provide legal assistance.

Based on these search results, you're going to send this person an email asking if they want to buy OhioChildCustody.com (or something like that). Talk about missing the mark...

Anyway, this is why I implore people to not fully rely on automation. Mistakes like this can reflect badly on you as a domainer (and a business person in general).

•••
Likely buyers are people who have a connection the real estate industry like brokers, agents and home builders. Unlikely buyers are butchers, bakers and candlestick makers:xf.wink:

Spam and eggs....now there's good spam:xf.smile:
So you're going to mass email anyone in the Kitchener-Waterloo region that has any potential link to the real estate industry.

That doesn't strike you as lazy?

I would have thought someone with your extensive marketing and business development background would have been able to put a more personal and targeted effort into outbound sales.

•••
So you're going to mass email anyone in the Kitchener-Waterloo region that has any potential link to the real estate industry.

That doesn't strike you as lazy?

I would have thought someone with your extensive marketing and business development background would have been able to put a more personal and targeted effort into outbound sales.
No...there's a huge difference between smart and lazy. How many real estate agents could there be in Kitchener, a city/metro of around 500 thousand people? Maybe 300? Ironically Virginia Beach's population is around that amount, and to manually email each one would be stupid, not lazy:xf.rolleyes:

•••
No...there's a huge difference between smart and lazy. How many real estate agents could there be in Kitchener, a city/metro of around 500 thousand people? Maybe 300? Ironically Virginia Beach's population is around that amount, and to manually email each one would be stupid, not lazy:xf.rolleyes:
I have a feeling there are a lot of other .realty domain investors who feel the same as you.

The real estate industry is about to be inundated with a poop-load of vaguely targeted, automated, templated emails, pushing a domain extension they've never heard of. Are you sure that's the best way to go?

Rich, this is no better than the random emails and calls I get from SEO businesses and web developers every time I buy a new domain name. You've been talking about revolutionizing outbound domain sales for three years, and this is how you're going to do it?

•••
I have a feeling there are a lot of other .realty domain investors who feel the same as you.

The real estate industry is about to be inundated with a poop-load of vaguely targeted, automated, templated emails, pushing a domain extension they've never heard of. Are you sure that's the best way to go?

Rich, this is no better than the random emails and calls I get from SEO businesses and web developers every time I buy a new domain name. You've been talking about revolutionizing outbound domain sales for three years, and this is how you're going to do it?
You seem to forget that I'm in the real estate business and I think I know a little better than you what realtors might and might not want. You also fail to realize that I own a number of .com's that match perfectly with with the .realty. For example I own both Corvette.realty and CorvetteRealty.com. btw, have you and Brad seen the new Corvette(y) How many successful realtors here and in Canada are clamoring to own one? If I sell a few more domains, I may buy one for myself.

Keep following me Joe....i may have just sold another Epikxxxx.com domain......Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!

Last edited:
•••
@ThatNameGuy this goes for you and others too.

I fit into various categories which put me into vaguely defined "target groups" of individuals and business owners or influencers. Would I welcome your uninvited emails offering your crap domains, your get rich quick cryptocurrency, your SEO services, your "professional" business advice or whatever snake oil you happen to be carpet bagging today?

Not only wouldn't I welcome it, I absolutely resent the assumption and the intrusion. I now refuse "connections" on LI from anybody who I suspect MAY be flogging snake oil, whether that be domain names or anything else.

In a very long business history, I may have welcomed two contacts for having well researched and appropriate offerings. If they are well researched and directed I really don't mind, even if they are not exactly right and I don't buy. The methods you are espousing simply do not hit that mark. They miss it be a sea mile.

I have received many thousands of cold calls and badly targeted emails. Each and every one is a damned nuisance.

•••
@ThatNameGuy this goes for you and others too.

I fit into various categories which put me into vaguely defined "target groups" of individuals and business owners or influencers. Would I welcome your uninvited emails offering your crap domains, your get rich quick cryptocurrency, your SEO services, your "professional" business advice or whatever snake oil you happen to be carpet bagging today?

Not only wouldn't I welcome it, I absolutely resent the assumption and the intrusion. I now refuse "connections" on LI from anybody who I suspect MAY be flogging snake oil, whether that be domain names or anything else.

In a very long business history, I may have welcomed two contacts for having well researched and appropriate offerings. If they are well researched and directed I really don't mind, even if they are not exactly right and I don't buy. The methods you are espousing simply do not hit that mark. They miss it be a sea mile.

I have received many thousands of cold calls and badly targeted emails. Each and every one is a damned nuisance.
So Mike....i'm guessing you're from the UK...cricket and rugby:xf.wink: And you're also in to photography. Are you sure you wouldn't want to know anything I might be able to offer in the way of sports photography? Inquiring minds would like to know.

•••
@ThatNameGuy a complete misreading of my motivations. I take sports photographs. Both rugby and cricket. I like to see the prints properly mounted on the clubs' walls.

But I don't want to be spammed by somebody who has no knowledge of these motivations and simply wants to flog me what I am never going to buy.

Were you to poke whatever you have conned yourself into thinking I may wish to see of yours, whether that be domains for photography, digital images or prints, or even cameras, where the sun doesn't shine I wouldn't mind in the least not having seen them prior to your doing so.

•••
@ThatNameGuy a complete misreading of my motivations. I take sports photographs. Both rugby and cricket. I like to see the prints properly mounted on the clubs' walls.

But I don't want to be spammed by somebody who has no knowledge of these motivations and simply wants to flog me what I am never going to buy.

Were you to poke whatever you have conned yourself into thinking I may wish to see of yours, whether that be domains for photography, digital images or prints, or even cameras, where the sun doesn't shine I wouldn't mind in the least not having seen them prior to your doing so.
Just like with direct mail that's still being used btw, a 1-2% sell through rate spells success. Sound familiar?
We'll just have to agree to disagree, but you really should try spam and eggs for breakfast

•••

Thats “hot take” Look at your post in the mirror

Last edited:
•••
•••
At least see if you can get can get yourself out of the red first. ;)
Joe, I just came back from the show room at my local Chevy dealer and I was able to get out of the new RED Corvette just fine.

•••
i think that to let the potential buyers know about your name is better than doing nothing.
with all respect to other opinions, but don't believe those guys who are telling you to not do it.
it will be better than waiting with doing nothing !
start your idea => do some mistakes => adapt your process => get success :)

I agree with you at some points but please think twice!

We have now entered into robotic age, so we should automate all those tasks which are repetitive in nature...

And we are going to send one-time emails......... and these emails may be beneficial to the targeted clients as well.

And we are trying to sell those domain names, which are better than the clients are previously using.

•••
I think, to sell someone something- human psychology, emotion, personal touch & their personal preference are required (these are just few ).
So, if an Automation tool can do that precisely.....then Mass Outbound Automation will be beneficial. But I don't think it is fully possible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back