IT.COM

discuss Automating Outbound

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This is more of business + technical question that I had in mind.
Is there any software out there that can scrap the email address from the Google search results, for the domain names I input, transfer it into an Excel?

Then I could use the same, and automate to send out emails to different possible recipients.

Here are the steps I am thinking of:

1) Use the domain keywords to 'Google search' or run a tool to extract the list of websites
2) Scrap the email addresses from the websites
3) Store the email address in an Excel Sheet
4) Get the email address from the Excel sheet, take a fixed template and then, send out emails from one of my email ids.

Is it possible to automate this in any way?
I am open to exploring some paid tools as well, if required, but this looks like a good thing to explore.
If you have automated part of it, or completely, I would be happy knowing more about it.

Please also share if you think this is not possible at all.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another outbound thread?
Outbout=spamming.
How many outbound threads do you need?

•••
Another outbound thread?
Outbout=spamming.
How many outbound threads do you need?
Johnn.. While I do appreciate your comments and support free speech, I would request you to comment any constructive criticism or value-added comments, which can benefit me in my journey, and others who may be experimenting and trying to make it.
A lot of your comments on posts are very negative. I have been in the industry for some time so I wish to ignore but people starting off may not find it appropriate, even discouraging.

I also think that outbound is a grey area. And for the leads that convert, it is not a spam. For that matter, any kind of advertisement would be spam if you watched it and didn't buy the product (consider television ads).

If you observe closely instead of being so critical, you would see that there are many different elements to outbound:
  • Research
  • Domain Acquisition
  • Lead Generation
  • Email
  • Follow up
  • Negotiation
  • Payments
Threads have questions that pertain to different sections of the process.
Looking forward to constructive criticisms/comments from your end instead of making fun of people trying hard daily to find their own niche that might work for them, and scale.

Last edited:
•••
If your looking for volume it is better to scrape through keywords of actual email addresses for quick leads i see them as a benefit if can pan through bulk. Other wise continue to manually find leads through searches. I toned down email as i have already had to prove my outbound with telco that i wasn't spamming with subscriptions and proved they were customers. So not about to go mad on domaining with email as i really have had my issues with it. Basically i want to actually target best i can and justify my outbound others won't probably tread as sensitive as i do.

Last edited:
•••
The problem is you are asking questions where the answers are freely available if you take the time to do some research..............

2) Scrap the email addresses from the websites - there are tools that can scrape this information from LinkedIn
3) Store the email address in an Excel Sheet - bloody obvious if you ask me
4) Get the email address from the Excel sheet, take a fixed template and then, send out emails from one of my email ids. - this is what mail merge is for....

You can't automate the whole process, but point 2 is automated with a good paid scraper tool..........it also requires some work

You want the best results then pay for the tools
You want to see results then learn from your mistakes and just get on with it and keep refining the process

There is no quick fix, no single solution, no short cuts , just rinse and repeat and learn as you go.....

It looks to me you just want someone to put it on a plate for you .

Last edited:
•••
NickB that’s not true ..with how much time and thought it took to write this thread someone else could of programmed the automated tool he desires ..how is it wrong of him to ask some simple questions or pointers ? We are suppose to help each other ..these are community discussion forums ...

•••
Automating Outbound

is an oxymoron? I thought “Outbound” was supposed to selective, highly individualized?

i’m kidding! You are supposed to make them feel unique; you have what they need;
Good luck “automating”.. the process.

This isnt a “GetRichScheme” lol.
The Proverbial Blood sweat tears.
Talking about “Outbounding!”
I doubt tried true method exists beyond;
“Use tha Google” but i could be wrong.

Last edited:
•••
Automating Outbound

is an oxymoron? I thought “Outbound” was supposed to selective, highly individualized?

i’m kidding! You are supposed to make them feel unique; you have what they need;

The Proverbial Blood sweat tears;
That was not the intent of this post 🙁

•••
Last edited:
•••
That was not the intent of this post 🙁

Outbounding is hard;
i cant see any (surefire) way to automate it;

Why i followed thread.

Last edited:
•••
NickB that’s not true ..with how much time and thought it took to write this thread someone else could of programmed the automated tool he desires ..how is it wrong of him to ask some simple questions or pointers ? We are suppose to help each other ..these are community discussion forums ...
You can't automate the whole process....when you scrape the emails they need to be manually checked for example for personal addresses etc....the op would know this if he read up on it...and this is just one example...

•••
You can't automate the whole process....when you scrape the emails they need to be manually checked for example for personal addresses etc....the op would know this if he read up on it...and this is just one example...

Just getting the contact is miracle.

Someone help me contact Binance!

They bought CoinMarketCap.com $400M!

Last edited:
•••
•••
That just requires some work and time🙂

i hear the future is linkedin

theyve made easier sure? See success there.

Last edited:
•••
Automating outbound is the same as Telemarketing people randomly calling a target areas. Also called "spam calls".
You must have too much time on your hand as you did so many bogus appraisal and questions.

•••
Automating outbound is the same as Telemarketing people randomly calling a target areas. Also called "spam calls".
You must have too much time on your hand as you did so many bogus appraisal and questions.
We appreciate your freedom of speech, cheers

•••
Thanks for the laughs tell it like it is.

•••
I don't want to crush convo but i feel we are all in the mind of you need to target and not spam. If you get a complaint over bulk it isn't forgotten.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Nothing wrong with his threads. Its just he has done countless threads on outbound and rarely replies to any of our comments. Today is the exception as someone ticked him off.

Outbound is only done by certain individuals in certain cases. And Johnn is right— it can and should be considered spam when you are talking about mass automation.

How do you like all those unwanted emails and calls you get when you register a domain? Your target may not like it either.

•••
Nothing wrong with his threads. Its just he has done countless threads on outbound and rarely replies to any of our comments. Today is the exception as someone ticked him off.

Outbound is only done by certain individuals in certain cases. And Johnn is right— it can and should be considered spam when you are talking about mass automation.

How do you like all those unwanted emails and calls you get when you register a domain? Your target may not like it either.
If you are sending it to the right potential buyers it can’t be a spam ...& maybe the guy doesn’t see the point of pointless arguing ? All I see is meaningless words taken against him ..I’m not trying to speak for him but you guys need to stop ..I’m educating you on life because I really suck as a domainer

•••
The problem is you are asking questions where the answers are freely available if you take the time to do some research..............

2) Scrap the email addresses from the websites - there are tools that can scrape this information from LinkedIn
3) Store the email address in an Excel Sheet - bloody obvious if you ask me
4) Get the email address from the Excel sheet, take a fixed template and then, send out emails from one of my email ids. - this is what mail merge is for....

You can't automate the whole process, but point 2 is automated with a good paid scraper tool..........it also requires some work

You want the best results then pay for the tools
You want to see results then learn from your mistakes and just get on with it and keep refining the process

There is no quick fix, no single solution, no short cuts , just rinse and repeat and learn as you go.....

It looks to me you just want someone to put it on a plate for you .
Thanks for your inputs. Although I would look at some of the tools myself, and looking for Robotic Process Automation to see if this is possible, if you have experience with some tools which you can suggest, that'd be great!

Automating Outbound

The Proverbial Blood sweat tears.
Talking about “Outbounding!”
I doubt tried true method exists beyond;
“Use tha Google” but i could be wrong.
Here is how I am thinking and inputs are very welcome Samer:

1) For most of the outbounds that I do, I type in the keywords and then check till page 10 of Google, all the potential leads.
2) Go to their Contact Us page and find their email address. I skip some of these out if I find some result totally irrelevant but if the Google search is right, this rarely happens
3) I email each of them.
Here is how the email looks like:

Subject: Domain Name
Body:
Hi,

I own DomainName and offering it for sale at [Price].
Reply back if this interest you.

Signature

4) It works for some of my domains. It doesn't work for a lot of them.
5) I am happy with the conversion rate I get, ROI

@karmaco @johnn

If the mail is general, like I just mentioned above, and the top 100 google results being targeted, I still see that it is not telemarketing/spam.

•••
Is this in reference to me? I'm confused, as I generally reply to all constructive comments and questions.

Anyway, my personal take is that no part of the outbound process should be automated. The moment you add automation, you do a disservice to your potential buyer by treating them like a number instead of a person. In addition, I truly believe that what you gain in efficiency is far overshadowed by what you lose in personal touch.

Can you scrape emails? Sure, but you lose the opportunity to read about your potential buyer's business and history. What motivates them? What are their aspirations? Do they already own many domain names?

Can you auto-send emails with a template? Yeah, but I think they're often pretty transparent. Templates are only a tool to get you started. Each email you send needs to have a human eye on it before it goes out.

Do yourself a favour and ditch the automation. :)

Last edited:
•••
Sadly the world today relays on automatic..if we can have burgers made by robots we can have automated anything you say we can’t ..sky is the limit there is no telling how much we can achieve

•••
Is this in reference to me? I'm confused, as I generally reply to all constructive comments and questions.

Anyway, my personal take is that no part of the outbound process should be automated. The moment you add automation, you do a disservice to your potential buyer by treating them like a number instead of a person. In addition, I truly believe that what you gain in efficiency is far overshadowed by what you lose in personal touch.

Can you scrape emails? Sure, but you lose the opportunity to read about your potential buyer's business and history. What motivates them? What are their aspirations? Do they already own many domain names?

Can you auto-send emails with a template? Yeah, but I think they're often pretty transparent. Templates are only a tool to get you started. Each email you send needs to have a human eye on it before it goes out.

Do yourself a favour and ditch the automation. :)

Why would it be about you? You didn’t start the thread nor did you reply until now. I was talking about the thread starter.

•••
Back