Dynadot

discuss Automating Outbound

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This is more of business + technical question that I had in mind.
Is there any software out there that can scrap the email address from the Google search results, for the domain names I input, transfer it into an Excel?

Then I could use the same, and automate to send out emails to different possible recipients.

Here are the steps I am thinking of:

1) Use the domain keywords to 'Google search' or run a tool to extract the list of websites
2) Scrap the email addresses from the websites
3) Store the email address in an Excel Sheet
4) Get the email address from the Excel sheet, take a fixed template and then, send out emails from one of my email ids.

Is it possible to automate this in any way?
I am open to exploring some paid tools as well, if required, but this looks like a good thing to explore.
If you have automated part of it, or completely, I would be happy knowing more about it.

Please also share if you think this is not possible at all.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't care what your excuse is. Outbound email automation is exactly the same as telemarketing.

ABUSE of privacy.

This is exactly why over the years we all forced to come up with methods to block people like @abstractdomainer , they took ADVANTAGE of our regular emails.

- email filters
- CAPTCHA
- image overlay
- whois privacy

and the prevention methods goes on.

Have you not learned, when these INTRUSIVE and UNWANTED emails manage to slip though our barriers anyways, without even a glance- they are deleted immediately. There is absolutely nothing attractive on opening up an unsolicited email.

Figure some other way to sell your garbage. Or better yet, start investing in quality names. Quality names don't require automated outbound or spam. Quality names also encourage you to make a personalized connection with that buyer.

* If your domain name has to enter into a bulk outreach program, your domain name sucks! *

•••
I don't care what your excuse is. Outbound email automation is exactly the same as telemarketing.

ABUSE of privacy.

This is exactly why over the years we all forced to come up with methods to block people like @abstractdomainer , they took ADVANTAGE of our regular emails.

- email filters
- CAPTCHA
- image overlay
- whois privacy

and the prevention methods goes on.

Have you not learned, when these INTRUSIVE and UNWANTED emails manage to slip though our barriers anyways, without even a glance- they are deleted immediately. There is absolutely nothing attractive on opening up an unsolicited email.

Figure some other way to sell your garbage. Or better yet, start investing in quality names. Quality names don't require automated outbound or spam. Quality names also encourage you to make a personalized connection with that buyer.

* If your domain name has to enter into a bulk outreach program, your domain name sucks! *
Aren’t people knowing for abusing POWER ?

•••
•••
You can use something like Hunter.io for email address and something like Streak to track your mails, but as most of the people mentioned, you can only automate so much. When you start scrapping emails, it becomes spam. SPAM means unsolicited email. No matter how you slice it. Which is why even email autoresponders won't allow you to add an email unless it is opted in.

One you stop lying to yourself and accept that it is spam, then you can start thinking objectively and decide how much spam or automation is acceptable and go from there. Legally, as long as you are sending an unsolicited email, it is SPAM. Doesn't matter if you are sending personalized or not. It is just that personalization will reduce some spam complaints. Even if you send a personalized email one at a time, one one point your email will flagged, because google will start realizing that 95% of the emails you send are to addressed not in your contact address.

BUT, back to your question.
Email automation is a highly advanced field with tons of tools out there and you can automate everything. When I say everything, I mean everything.

•••
Why would it be about you? You didn’t start the thread nor did you reply until now. I was talking about the thread starter.
Your post came right after another member mentioned liking one of my threads. Just a misunderstanding.

•••
SPAM HURTS DOMAIN SALES!

This spam garbage hurts the domain selling market. I have domains where I have the .com, and there are sites at other extensions, and if I get an offer and then send emails to those other possible buyers as well, the response rate is a lot lower than one would expect.

And I noticed the rate really went down after the big rise of domain-spammers in recent years.

The reason is because so much spam gets sent out now, by people who have low-quality/unrelated domains and are spamming any email address that has some tiny relation to the keyword.

The problems are:

- It causes people to assume other emails are junk, and they tune-out all emails like that... even legitimate ones (legitimate as in someone manually visiting a site, looking to see the relevance, and even writing the email out manually).

- It causes email filters to think similar emails are spam, so legitimate emails don't even get through to the end-user.

- It may also cause people to assume there's a scam involved, because of the low-quality of the email text in many cases. And sometimes you can tell it's automated too, especially when there's a mixup in the automation.

I think people doing outbound should be selective and only contact potential buyers when there is a strong connection and likelihood of interest... like if you own SOMENAME.com and there are other sites at SOMENAME.net, .co.uk, .de, .in, MySOMENAME.COM, SOMENAMEgroup.com, etc.

But instead, there are too many people sending emails to potential buyers who have only a tiny relation to the domain for sale... and the domains are low-quality too, which leads to people ignoring all emails like that. And that hurts domain sales.

The bottom line is selecting who to contact should be done manually & carefully, and that part can't be automated. Sure, once that is carefully done, there may be some automation techniques to help save time, but scraping email addresses from Google searches is far too random and imprecise.

Last edited:
•••
SPAM HURTS DOMAIN SALES!

This spam garbage hurts the domain selling market. I have domains where I have the .com, and there are sites at other extensions, and if I get an offer and then send emails to those other possible buyers as well, the response rate is a lot lower than one would expect.

And I noticed the rate really went down after the big rise of domain-spammers in recent years.

The reason is because so much spam gets sent out now, by people who have low-quality/unrelated domains and are spamming any email address that has some tiny relation to the keyword.

The problems are:

- It causes people to assume other emails are junk, and they tune-out all emails like that... even legitimate ones.

- It causes email filters to think similar emails are spam, so legitimate emails don't even get through to the end-user.

- It may also cause people to assume there's a scam involved, because of the low-quality of the email text in many cases. And sometimes you can tell it's automated too, especially when there's a mixup in the automation.

I think people doing outbound should be selective and only contact potential buyers when there is a strong connection and likelihood of interest... like if you own SOMENAME.com and there are other sites at SOMENAME.net, .co.uk, .de, .in, MySOMENAME.COM, SOMENAMEgroup.com, etc.

But instead, there are too many people sending emails to people with only a tiny relation to their domain... and the domains are low-quality too, which leads to people ignoring all emails like that -- and that hurts domain sales.

Obviously that's not goal of his ...I think abstractdoaminer can narrow down who relates to the domain...Call it what you want spam or not if the domain is an eye catcher its an eye catcher on top of these other a million and one "spam" emails we receive ...

•••
Each domain name is unique.
We should treat them that way.
Outbound, if done ever, should be based on an individual, personally researched and directed, approach, as described above by @Joe Nichols .
I realize your question was looking for technical answers, but I am not in agreement with the premise of automated outbound.
Bob

•••
Obviously that's not goal of his ...I think abstractdoaminer can narrow down who relates to the domain...Call it what you want spam or not if the domain is an eye catcher its an eye catcher on top of these other a million and one "spam" emails we receive ...

It's spam, plain and simple.

He asked about this:

1) Use the domain keywords to 'Google search' or run a tool to extract the list of websites
2) Scrap[e] the email addresses from the websites

If someone is actually looking at the sites to check the relevance of the domain, then they don't need automation to scrape email addresses. Plus, what he's asking about sounds more like simply using a tool to do a Google search, scrape email addresses from the results, and spamming all those addresses without even looking at the sites.

Also, HotKey above rightly said that this is "an ABUSE of privacy."

Your response of
"Aren’t people knowing for abusing POWER ?"
and trying to use that as an excuse is frankly a Trump-level of idiocy. It's like someone says "Killing innocent people is bad", and your reply is "Aren't people known for doing that all the time?"

Last edited:
•••
It's spam, plain and simple.

He asked about this:

If someone is actually looking at the sites to check the relevance of the domain, then they don't need automation to scrape email addresses. Plus, what he's asking about sounds more like simply using a tool to do a Google search, scrape email addresses from the results, and spamming all those addresses without even looking at the sites.

Also, HotKey above rightly said that this is "an ABUSE of privacy."

Your response of
"Aren’t people knowing for abusing POWER ?"
and trying to use that as an excuse is frankly a Trump-level of idiocy. It's like someone says "Killing innocent people is bad", and your reply is "Aren't people known for doing that all the time?"
The sad thing is that you related this to Donald Trump ... He is not as bad as he seems buddy

•••
i think that to let the potential buyers know about your name is better than doing nothing.
with all respect to other opinions, but don't believe those guys who are telling you to not do it.
it will be better than waiting with doing nothing !
start your idea => do some mistakes => adapt your process => get success :)

•••
i think that to let the potential buyers know about your name is better than doing nothing.

That's not true.

I already explained why, but here's another simple example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983

Back in the early 1980s, the market for video games crashed, because of so many low-quality games that were put out. People got fed-up, because trying to find a quality game became too difficult.

Likewise, when people send out spam, it causes people to get fed-up and tune-out all emails like that. People see a domain email and are like "Why bother, it's probably just garbage anyway, and maybe a scam".

Spamming is wrong anyway, but even in terms of your own incentives, it hurts the domain market. So people need to stop doing it.

Last edited:
•••
Opinion is an opinion and I respect an opinion but we are getting off track here

•••
Outbout=spamming.
You are right!

But on a side note, I had a $3K sale recently because of an outbound so I pro sending outbounds for that reason. You never know who may want your name but unaware that it exists unless you send that email.

•••
Automation does not necessarily equal spam....

You can automate the email process - have x amount of highly targeted leads use mail merge to send the email, you set up a follow up email to follow 3 - 7 days later to the ones that don't respond - Automation at work....

Lusha, Skrapp, Rocket Reach etc etc can scrape LinkedIn for contact details - automation at work

You need to find out who owns the website or who the decision maker is and email them directly, none of this info@ or sales@ or any other variant......it has to be the business email address (not personal)

Ideally your email should have some Social proof - LinkedIn profile link in your signature, contact number, full name etc

Don't confuse spam for highly targeted B2B emails - the problem is most of the crap that get's sent is just that......crap

Is that plain enough now?.......

Last time I respond to any of these threads

•••
•••
This is more of business + technical question that I had in mind.
Is there any software out there that can scrap the email address from the Google search results, for the domain names I input, transfer it into an Excel?

Then I could use the same, and automate to send out emails to different possible recipients.

Here are the steps I am thinking of:

2) Scrap the email addresses from the websites
3) Store the email address in an Excel Sheet
4) Get the email address from the Excel sheet, take a fixed template and then, send out emails from one of my email ids.

Is it possible to automate this in any way?
I am open to exploring some paid tools as well, if required, but this looks like a good thing to explore.
If you have automated part of it, or completely, I would be happy knowing more about it.

Please also share if you think this is not possible at all.
Don't you mean "Scrape" the email addresses from websites? Having purchased 260+ .realty domains we're planning to do just that to promote our domains to realtor/agents nationwide. It's either scrape their names for free, or buy realtor/agent email addresses from a list broker for pennies a name,

•••
I get over 100 emails every week spamming me if I want the same name I recently register but spelled backwards.

And that they are "putting it on sale soon" (when it;s not even registered).

So yeah thanks for filling my spam folder with that kind of stuff. Hope you automate it even further and fill the spam folder of every user on the internet.

Last edited:
•••
Simple formula for outbound based personal experience, its not spam and we can do regularly when we would like do outbound :

# Build a real connection on social network

# Offer some free services like seo marketing,free promotion package , etc (ensure its valuable for their business )

# Offer your domain names based their reasonable budgets

# Repeat this method when you get a good ROI or don't do this if we have no result in 1 years.

Help Them First = Then We Earn

•••
i hear the future is linkedin
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My LI timeline is full of junk domain names from spammers. They haven't thought about the names they've bought, there is no possible business case for any but the very occasional one, the very few that may be half decent - none are fully, ever - are pitched at their whole contact base instead of being targeted.

I, for instance, have domain names to sell. I do not wish to buy any more except, maybe, high value names I can see a strong business case and realistic market for. There aren't many of those about at genuine wholesale prices. There is junk aplenty and I don't want it.

Please, @Samer, do not send any more to LI. I am already spending far too much time "unconnecting" those who have asked to connect merely to spam the hell out of me. Added to which domaining was not my initial, nor is it now my only, reason for being on LI. I hadn't even thought about domaining when I signed up. I have other things to do as well.

LI is indeed a great marketing tool used wisely. But there is so much domain (and crypto) spam on there just now, much of it from names I see regularly on here. I am afraid there will soon be a blanket ban on both. Which will, indeed, damage the market for those who genuinely have something to offer and know how to offer it politely and reasonably.

•••
•••
Another outbound thread?
Outbout=spamming.
How many outbound threads do you need?

Outbound when done correctly is not spam.

If I have a domain I may think is a good fit for someone and I address it specifically to that person, or entity, then outbound is not spam.

I do agree with you that bulk outbound is spam and I dislike that myself. That said when I get an email from a domainer asking me if I am interested in a domain I do not look at that as spam. Again there is a limit, I had someone email me recently about a .net. I ignored the first 3 emails, told them not to bother me again with the next three, and finally I told them to fuck off and never email me again after the next 3.

So there is legitimate outbound and then there is spam and then finally there is addressed email where you sometimes just have to say fuck off before the person finally gets the point.

Last edited:
•••
Outbound when done correctly is not spam.

If I have a domain I may think is a good fit for someone and I address it specifically to that person, or entity, then outbound is not spam.

I do agree with you that bulk outbound is spam and I dislike that myself. That said when I get an email from a domainer asking me if I am interested in a domain I do not look at that as spam. Again there is a limit, I had someone email me recently about a .net. I ignored the first 3 emails, told them not to bother me again with the next three, and finally I told them to fuck off and never email me again after the next 3.

So there is legitimate outbound and then there is spam and then finally there is addressed email where you sometimes just have to say fuck off before the person finally gets the point.

Actually you have three kinds of spam....there's good spam(y), there's bad spam(n), the there's spam in the can:xf.frown::xf.smile:.

On a more serious note, i'm planning a good spam attack, with a fellow Canadian, to likely buyers of .realty domains.....i think we're looking to spam Kitchener.realty to some unsuspecting "end user" in Ontario:xf.wink:

"Outbound Marketing" is the Bomb!

•••
Targeted outbound works but for it to be targeted it will be a manual process and its not about quantity but quality.

One of the most effective outbound is done with EMD's that have a good number of adwords advertisers.

As an example, if you have the domain BusinessPlanWriter locate the advertisers that are paying for that keyword.

Email them, talk about the search term, volume, PPC and add a note "PS I make sure not to click on your link as I know it costs you money, I copied and pasted your URL and visited your site."

Explain how they can redirect this domain to their main site, or build a site that drives traffic mainly for that keyword. In the example above you could say "The keyword "business plan writer" is searched about 880 times monthly and costs $11.21 per click. In addition, the keyword is part of over 8000 monthly searches with a cost per click of about $9.70.

Most sites have a form, use that to contact them over email. Never lie in the form subject.

You might only contact 5 people a day using this, but it will be targeted and people are less pissed off if the email makes sense as to why you contacted them.

Some other tips. Don't ask them to reply with offers. Give them a site they can go to so they can buy the name now. Include a phone number in your pitch.

VPN's might be needed if you are dealing with certain keywords that advertisers have limited to only be in certain areas.

I could write a small guide on this when I have time, years of trial and error, but it works.

We all hate outbound, but its part of the sales world. Your job is to do it in the most gentle and polite way possible. Set a goal to contact 5 people a day with your EMD names, you'll be surprised.

•••
Targeted outbound works but for it to be targeted it will be a manual process and its not about quantity but quality.

One of the most effective outbound is done with EMD's that have a good number of adwords advertisers.

As an example, if you have the domain BusinessPlanWriter locate the advertisers that are paying for that keyword.

Email them, talk about the search term, volume, PPC and add a note "PS I make sure not to click on your link as I know it costs you money, I copied and pasted your URL and visited your site."

Explain how they can redirect this domain to their main site, or build a site that drives traffic mainly for that keyword. In the example above you could say "The keyword "business plan writer" is searched about 880 times monthly and costs $11.21 per click. In addition, the keyword is part of over 8000 monthly searches with a cost per click of about $9.70.

Most sites have a form, use that to contact them over email. Never lie in the form subject.

You might only contact 5 people a day using this, but it will be targeted and people are less pissed off if the email makes sense as to why you contacted them.

Some other tips. Don't ask them to reply with offers. Give them a site they can go to so they can buy the name now. Include a phone number in your pitch.

VPN's might be needed if you are dealing with certain keywords that advertisers have limited to only be in certain areas.

I could write a small guide on this when I have time, years of trial and error, but it works.

We all hate outbound, but its part of the sales world. Your job is to do it in the most gentle and polite way possible. Set a goal to contact 5 people a day with your EMD names, you'll be surprised.
I don't disagree, but if automation/computer can do it the same way I can 10X or 100X faster, would there be a problem with that? Things like AI make it possible, and far be it for this 73 year old to think outside the box:xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back