Dynadot

report Attempted domain theft ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
on saturday night ( prime time for domain theft ) i got an email all in russian that read ( after translation )

-----
GoDaddy received a request from Dmitry Volkov by [email protected] of 14 May 2016 on the transfer of registration records under our control.

You received this message because you are the owner of a registered trade mark or the administrative contact for the domain name. If you are not the owner of the domain, or transfer to a new owner, please forward this communication to the owner of the account, to complete the transfer process.

-----

( there is more on this email like the security key - the domain name and what to do the transfer the domain to godaddy.com )

i never ever use godaddy.com for anything ( in the past 15 years ) as they did me wrong a very long time ago .

i emailed the person to stop trying to steal my domain and i get a very nasty email back the he bought i at godaddy as it was listed for sale there . ( i never ever list anything at godaddy.com EVER )

he also said that he supposibly already paid for the domain at godaddy.com .

question : if his story where true , should i have not gotten any email from godaddy that the domain is sold and that the buyer paid for it ?

remember i did not list any domain at godaddy.com and i did not get any email from godaddy other than the transfer request - which also does not say anything about the domain being sold or been paid for .

there is not whois protect on that domain and the domain name was listed during that time on this forum ...

what do you think ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just sold several domains on godaddy this week, I got the funds very soon and already finished the transfer. He is the real person who buy the domains with real deals.

•••
I just sold him one of my LLL.biz on Afternic and got paid.Must be a communication error somewhere.

•••
There are some real sales in the thread. Please check your auctions account and make sure the names are in your sold section and then wait for the funds to clear. When the money is cleared we know the funds are good and then you get a link in your sold section to contact the buyer and move the domain. If the domain name is already at GoDaddy the name will auto move to the buyer as soon as the funds clear. If you do not think you sold a domain double check your sold section at auctions.godaddy.com or contact auctions support for further help.

•••
I sold him some LLL domains this week also! He is a genuine buyer!

•••
Show attachment 30950

I have sold one domain to him and it shows on my godaddy auction account above, Are you sure his a scam? should i lock the domain?
No not unless someone gives me a specific domain name and their account details etc. However, going from what he said which is he received an email asking him to move a domain he had not listed for sale and seeing that the email he received is not from us then it would appear to be very suspicious. As I have stated throughout the thread finding out for sure is easy enough by logging in and checking your account as you have done. Either way I would wait for the official notification from GoDaddy that it is ok to move the domain before doing so.

•••
Guys simply, the russian guy does automatically initiate a transfer request from GD for any domain he buys from anywhere, so that he moves it to his GD account!
He bought the domains from me from Afternic, and initiated transfer requests for all, but mostly where cancelled by GD as domains werent eligible for transfer, so I pushed the domains to Afternic's escrow account adn then the guy had them!

•••
Looks like an over-active domain buyer. He has more than 10,000 domains although quality seems to be lacking a lot ;) Just do as @Joe Styler said and wait for notifications from GoDaddy.

•••
I am not saying it's not possible to sell a domain at godaddy , however it is highly unlikely to have sold it there if you do not list them for auction .

Also on think is for sure , it has to show in your godaddy account if you sold a domain someplace !

Brandbucket found two of my listed domains at godaddy auction. It is not in my auction panel. Sometimes the previous owner forget to remove his domain name from godaddy auction.

However, The email you have received looks like a scam.

•••
Guys simply, the russian guy does automatically initiate a transfer request from GD for any domain he buys from anywhere, so that he moves it to his GD account!
He bought the domains from me from Afternic, and initiated transfer requests for all, but mostly where cancelled by GD as domains werent eligible for transfer, so I pushed the domains to Afternic's escrow account adn then the guy had them!
yes, I think so. He is a real person with real deals.

•••
I got over a dozen pending sales with this buyer, seems legit. I have no reason to believe they are a scammer. But I never send domains before GoDaddy instructs me to.

Regards,
Jeffrey

•••
I got over a dozen pending sales with this buyer, seems legit. I have no reason to believe they are a scammer. But I never send domains before GoDaddy instructs me to.

Regards,
Jeffrey
Yes, We should follow up Godaddy confirmation and I have no reason to believe he is a scammer as well. He has been a good buyer until now.

•••
I currently have a number of transactions in progress, at GoDaddy, with this buyer (Dmitry). We have had a number of communications and he has been very professional. Payments were submitted promptly to GoDaddy and the domains are showing a current status of "Funds received, authorization pending."

I have sold a great many domain names through GoDaddy auctions, to buyers around the world. In my experience, It is not uncommon to receive transfer notification emails, with transaction ID's and security codes immediately after a buyer has made a purchase. These emails are often in the native language of the buyer.

As a seller, it is always important to wait until GoDaddy approves a transfer, before unlocking the domain and submitting the codes to any buyer. As Joe Styler previously indicated, it is always best to contact buyers from inside your account using the sold section of your auctions.godaddy.com account.

As to why someone might receive notification that one of their domain names has sold, even though they hadn't listed it for sale, the most common is when a previous owner had the name listed for sale and never bothered to remove the for sale listing after the domain name sold or expired. This is why, as a domain owner, domain name stewardship is really important.

Looking deeper into this thread, it appears than a number of NPers have had positive experiences with Dmitry. Once again, my experience with Dmitry has been positive as well. I will report back once GoDaddy approves the transfers and my current domain name transactions with Dmitry are completed.

All the best,
Claude

•••
I currently have a number of transactions in progress, at GoDaddy, with this buyer (Dmitry). We have had a number of communications and he has been very professional. Payments were submitted promptly to GoDaddy and the domains are showing a current status of "Funds received, authorization pending."

I have sold a great many domain names through GoDaddy auctions, to buyers around the world. In my experience, It is not uncommon to receive transfer notification emails, with transaction ID's and security codes immediately after a buyer has made a purchase. These emails are often in the native language of the buyer.

As a seller, it is always important to wait until GoDaddy approves a transfer, before unlocking the domain and submitting the codes to any buyer. As Joe Styler previously indicated, it is always best to contact buyers from inside your account using the sold section of your auctions.godaddy.com account.

As to why someone might receive notification that one of their domain names has sold, even though they hadn't listed it for sale, the most common is when a previous owner had the name listed for sale and never bothered to remove the for sale listing after the domain name sold or expired. This is why, as a domain owner, domain name stewardship is really important.

Looking deeper into this thread, it appears than a number of NPers have had positive experiences with Dmitry. Once again, my experience with Dmitry has been positive as well. I will report back once GoDaddy approves the transfers and my current domain name transactions with Dmitry are completed.

All the best,
Claude
I agree with you, Dmitry is a real buyer with real deals, I have some transactions in progress with him at Godaddy as well.

•••
I wanted to follow up with everyone to say that dmitry volkov is real and not a scam at all. I got my escrow transfert today and all is fine. so please no false rumors. Thanks.

Henrik

•••
I wanted to follow-up with everyone as well. GoDaddy approved transfer of the first domain name which Dmitry Volkov purchased from us.

My experience with Dmitry has been exceedingly positive.

Claude

•••
I just sold my first domains on godaddy this week, In my account it shows "Funds received, authorization pending" My question here is how many days it will appear in the account the link to contact the buyer

•••
Did you contact Godaddy about this? The first thing i would do.

But yes Godaddy are strange, they send me email every week urging to renew one domain that was transferred away from them a year ago...
Because possibly that person still using your whois info. Check that and let us know.

•••
Seems to genuine buyer!!!!

•••
Payment cleared. Buyer was professional with good communication.

Regards

•••
I really don't care if he in fact buys domains ... He still has no business to make a transfer request on a domain that I as the only owner have not listed at godaddy !!
It's that simple and I also do not care if he replies with profanity to my emails after I tell him that he stop trying to steal my domain !

2 weeks earlier I got an email from godaddy insisting to verify my auction listing . So I know there is a lot of scams and fraud going on !

•••
I really don't care if he in fact buys domains ... He still has no business to make a transfer request on a domain that I as the only owner have not listed at godaddy !!
It's that simple and I also do not care if he replies with profanity to my emails after I tell him that he stop trying to steal my domain !

2 weeks earlier I got an email from godaddy insisting to verify my auction listing . So I know there is a lot of scams and fraud going on !

He is not trying to steal your domain at all. He saw the listing on GD and paid for it. The domain investor who owned the domain before you forgot to remove it from GD. It's that simple.

He is asking you for a transfer request because that's what buyers do. All you have to do is tell the buyer that the previous owner had it listed for sale NOT YOU. He will get a refund from GD and that will be the end of it.

Best regards

•••
I can verify that person mentioned in this thread is a legitimate buyer. Have already sold two domains to him and we're in talks for some more.

It really is a shame for these threads to appear without getting deleted immediately when so many users vote for him.

At the moment , by searching his name +'domains' you get his name along with the description 'domain theft' in google
This is plainly unfair and unacceptable!

it'd be a good idea if this person's email and name got deleted form this thread.

•••
Wait a minute !

Fact is he insisted ( with calling me nasty name ) that I transfer that domain even so I told him I never do business with godaddy !!!

Also read more at the beginning of this thread and you will notice that even godaddy representative was not sure if that is Legos !!

So hold your horses about deleting this thread ... Nothing changed other than that some very new members now saying they had a positive experience does not change the fact what happen !!!!

So don't you even start trying to make me the bad guy here !!!!!!!!

Just stay with the facts !!!!

•••
Guy *is* legit and you're doing him great harm by doing this.
If all the users above that vote for him are not enough for you for 'facts' then.. there is nothing else to say here.

•••
@wolfis.com Multiple people already proved the buyer is real. All the buyer has done(besides be rude to you) is buy domains off GD and ask for the transfer codes.

The buyer also asked me for the transfer codes BEFORE GD approved the payment... I simply told the buyer he will need to wait till GD approves payment. His exact response: "OK".

So please consider you are dragging an honest persons name through the mud simply because you can't grasp the fact that: YOUR DOMAINS WERE LISTED FOR SALE ON GD BEFORE YOU OWNED THEM.

Put yourself in the buyers shoes... lets say you paid for domains at GoDaddy and asked for the transfer codes... The domain owner tells you that they are not for sale and it is a mistake.... Suddenly you see YOUR name on a public forum claiming thief and scam.... How would you feel??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back