Domain Empire

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Their standards isn't the issue, We could all spew 5,6,7 letter brandables out all day, ranging from average to great Brandables aren't hard. Have to say though, half the sh*t I see in SquadHelp is rubbish, but they still sell it. BrandBucket or Brandpa, any day, all day.

Anyway, an appropriate response to the submission should have been an offer price, then accept client rejection if too low, as opposed to, you want x, we disagree so scram, or whatever.
I agree they should give you a reason for rejection. I can't find anywhere where it says not high enough quality or price too high etc.

•••
Describing the reason for rejection is spending even more time. Given that listing is free, it might be too much to ask. And a reason could well be something like "we did not like it" and it might make sense. I am ok with not giving the reason.

It might make sense, although, to email with the rejected name (on auto), as in a theoretical situation that all names are rejected a seller might not know when he can submit the new batch.

@GrantP another thing: when I am filling up the details for the approved name, if I click by accident outside of the pop-up window, that pop-up goes away and all filled info is lost. There should sure be a way to auto-save while filling?

•••
•••
Awesome! I got 10 so far and slowly adding more and more 😀

•••
I have stats that are not easy to explain. I had about 22 listed with no sales for few months and 40+ approved that I did not fill the categories and list. And I was off SH for few months, busy with other things (meaning, not adding/editing etc.) with no sales there in the period. I decided now to list those at SH (as well as add more) just to find out I have sold 3 out of the 40+ via Afternic/Direct contact inbound, with overall even more $$$$ than I would have gotten.

Now I wonder, is it SH's selling ability or their selection ability that helps them or some mix of both )

•••
Has anyone got their names sold in SH without the premium listing? All my domains that I submitted were rejected for premium. No idea why although I followed their guidelines and seems better than some of those that got approved.

•••
Folks , did you guys check out trademark check feature ? Almost all of my names show some kind of TM.

•••
Folks , did you guys check out trademark check feature ? Almost all of my names show some kind of TM.

I played with the newly added trademark check a bit too. And, well ... what do I do with it?

Did anyone here ever use trademark info to make an outbound inquiry? How does this work? Let's say I own. XYZ.com Does this mean I need to find a company that has a trademark for "XYZ Auto", or "XYZ Coffee" or something like that, send them an email and offer to buy XYZ.com? But if they trademarked "XYZ Autos" what are the chances they didn't secure XYZ.com? So they probably either don't need it or the domain name was already unavailable at that time.

So does this work only for very old domain names? And / or truly premium ones, like a real dictionary word, four letters .com, domain hacks (happi.ly) etc.? And if I don't own any of those, then trademark check is not very useful?

Or am I missing something?

Or should I lower the price for the ones that come up in many trademark check results (because these might be difficult to trademark and thus they are worth less) and increase prices for those that seem clean from any trademarks (they are trademarkable therefore, worth more)? Or vice versa, those with multiple trademark check results are more likely to sell because some of those companies that have a similar thing trademarked might be interested in them too?

I'm confused O_o:cyclops::ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
I played with the newly added trademark check a bit too. And, well ... what do I do with it?
I really hope buyers wont see it. Gonna cause too much confusion.

•••
Does anyone have problems uploading domains to the SH Marketplace?

When I upload a spreadsheet it says some domains were not accepted or

it could not recognize the domain extension.

I have tried every format and encoding and it still will not accept names.

When I add a premium domain directly in the dashboard interface it deletes my price

and adds the name without
it so if it is accepted it has a price SH came up with and not

the price I included.

Does anyone else have issues with adding domains to SH for sale?

•••
Are you supposed to change the nameservers for domains to SH's before you submit the domain or do you only change the NS once they have approved your submission?

•••
Are you supposed to change the nameservers for domains to SH's before you submit the domain or do you only change the NS once they have approved your submission?

First after they have approved the submission

•••
I have (4) Review Requests - (2) from July 4th and (2) from July 10th that haven't been reviewed yet.

@GrantP - Curious, has the Review Request queue been frozen?

Appreciate your insight.

Thanks,

-Cougar

•••
I have (4) Review Requests - (2) from July 4th and (2) from July 10th that haven't been reviewed yet.

Appreciate your insight.

Thanks,

-Cougar

Nope,they just stopped sending mails. I had to do chat to get the review request decision. Happened with me for june and july reviews. I would suggest to do live chat once and see by yourself instead of waiting for a mail.

•••

Appreciate your insight.

Thanks,

-Cougar

I had reviews for July 1st, 3rd, 4th. The decision for 4th came in not too long. Hang in there

•••
Where are we on submissions?

•••
@Domain_savvy / @Regietron -

Thanks for your responses!

After my post yesterday. I received emails for the two review requests from July 4th (30 days after the review request was submitted).

I am still waiting on the two from July 10th.

I wish they would simply post Queue Date(s) on our dashboards to let us know where we are in the queue and help set our expectations. A simple "Our review date is currently at _____ and your request is XXth in the queue" would be extremely helpful and would show progress being made, not just for us but also for internal operational tracking purposes. @GrantP

I don't mind a delay, just find it difficult to fly blind wondering the status, not having a handle on if progress is being made, and/or unable to track if the review request got lost in space.

Why not simply publish Queue Date(s) and collaborate with the inventory providers - so there's no ambiguity?

Also, I would suggest they assign a Review # for each Review Requests for mutual tracking purposes (both internal & external tracking).

-Cougar

•••
Hosting Server Connect Timeout
HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server

Anybody else getting this ?

•••
Hosting Server Connect Timeout
HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server

Anybody else getting this ?

I have seen this quite a bit in last few months.

Also, the SH server lags all the time when trying to enter names in contests.

•••
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread with great interest, I'm a first time poster here. I submitted 5 names to SH but all 5 got rejected, they were 5 and 6 letter pronounceable domains, comparable to many that are currently listed on the site.

Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to get domains accepted? I didn't submit the domains with any information such as niche etc because i didn't see boxes to input that info, did I miss a step? I set the price for less than $2k for each domain

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

•••
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread with great interest, I'm a first time poster here. I submitted 5 names to SH but all 5 got rejected, they were 5 and 6 letter pronounceable domains, comparable to many that are currently listed on the site.

Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to get domains accepted? I didn't submit the domains with any information such as niche etc because i didn't see boxes to input that info, did I miss a step? I set the price for less than $2k for each domain

Thank you

Don't feel bad.

Even those of us who have been domaining for years have submitted names to SH

that are rejected.

No one can figure out their criteria for names.

It seems to change from day to day and depends on who is judging names at the time

yours come up for review.

I will tell you one thing, the kind of names they accept are rarely names I would invest in and

put up for sale on the major marketplaces.

The names they accept are mostly the kind of names that only sell well at SH.

I guess they know what kinds of names will sell at their site.

I find it hard to bring myself to reg the kind of names they want because if they

reject the name I usually feel it is not a name that will find a buyer at a market like

Sedo or Afternic.

For this reason I have only attempted to submit a few names in the last couple months.

I hate to hold on to names I feel have a slim chance of selling if they are rejected at SH.

I didn't submit the domains with any information

I don't bother with this info until a name is accepted, which is rare these days.

•••
Thank you for your prompt reply, I listed them as premium. Do you think they are more likely to be accepted if I go for basic or basic plus?

Kind Regards

•••
Hi everyone,

Thank you

Those will possibly fair better on Brandbucket if they are invented. SH likes 8 letters or less the best and keyword based names. They also like two words. I have a very high acceptance rate there which I am sure many do. If they are keyword based make sure there is no trademark conflict.

•••
•••
Thank you for this advice, I'm going to spend more time looking through the domains listed by top sellers and see if I can see any patterns emerging. I'll take these 5 to brandbucket for now

Kind Regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back