IT.COM

discuss .ASIA any good?

NameSilo
Watch

m1zz

Established Member
Impact
Exabytes are currently giving away $5 whereby you can basically purchase 2 .asia domains for almost free. (Fyi)

Do they hold any value in them even being short and unique?

I got onlyin(dot)asia and peg(dot)asia and don't even know how to evaluate them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
No value or low value.
Use searchbox for this dead TLD.

•••
No value or low value.
Use searchbox for this dead TLD.
I used the searchbox, and couldn't figure out from the results what you have just said.. Thanks for sharing.

•••
I would agree the value is low. Had several top terms in .asia, no interest within a year. Top combinations (like travel.asia or east.asia) will have value but you won't be able to get them for cheap. Anything less spectacular will be hard to sell.

•••
I would agree the value is low. Had several top terms in .asia, no interest within a year. Top combinations (like travel.asia or east.asia) will have value but you won't be able to get them for cheap. Anything less spectacular will be hard to sell.
what do you think of flyto.asia, peg.asia and onlyin.asia, would you consider them top level?

That's the thing, it seems like it would be ideal for asian companies as the market there is massive. But then again, never even knew .asia existed so I don't really know how popular it is.

•••
It exists ~14 years already.

•••
what do you think of flyto.asia, peg.asia and onlyin.asia, would you consider them top level?

That's the thing, it seems like it would be ideal for asian companies as the market there is massive. But then again, never even knew .asia existed so I don't really know how popular it is.
I think your last sentence is something to think about. You never knew .asia existed even though it became publicly available in 2008 which is 5 years before nTLDs. I think it says a lot about its popularity :)

Why such low demand? It's hard for me to say. One possible reason is maybe there are not so many companies that want Asia as part of their brand name (or online identity). Also, Asia is somehow vague. I would think a company solely operating in Japan would want to be associated with Japan, not all Asia. On the other hand, a global company with a presence in Asia doesn't need .asia because they probably own their best domain already. If they have a dedicated Asian division maybe only in this case it's a nice-to-have.

Sorry, I don't think there is a significant value in the domains you submitted. Maybe try to outbound and take anything in xxx $ range. But perhaps not worth the effort.

Last edited:
•••
~200K .asia domains are taken as of today.
For comparison, ~314K .mobi (another dead TLD).

•••
I think your last sentence is something to think about. You never knew .asia existed even though it became publicly available in 2008 which is 5 years before nTLDs. I think it says a lot about its popularity :)

Why such low demand? It's hard for me to say. One possible reason is maybe there are not so many companies that want Asia as part of their brand name (or online identity). Also, Asia is somehow vague. I would think a company solely operating in Japan would want to be associated with Japan, not all Asia. On the other hand, a global company with a presence in Asia doesn't need .asia because they probably own their best domain already. If they have a dedicated Asian division maybe only in this case it's a nice-to-have.

Sorry, I don't think there is a significant value in the domains you submitted. Maybe try to outbound and take anything in xxx $ range. But perhaps not worth the effort.
Thank you for the insight, i didnt know that.

Many Middle Eastern companies and Asian companies trade globally.

I think it's a bit obvious that many Asian companies trade globally.. i mean, if you turn over ANY product you own it says "Made in China" and it can"t all be the same company.

My wild guess is that they have all taken the best numeric .com's before .asia came out.

@Jurgen Wolf i think "dead" should be more like "less popular" considering 200k domains are registered.

Last edited:
•••
We are talking about its aftermarket.
It is dead from the beginning.

•••
Back