IT.COM

Mention any offers you have received for .ASIA names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The 60-day waiting period is soon over and there should soon be an inevitable explosion of .asia domain sales over the next 1-3 months from flippers and short-term investors alike.

Please feel free to showcase any offers you have received for your best names.

I have personally received a low offer for FUNDWATCH.asia: $110 (via SEDO)

I will refuse this offer as this domain boasts great memorability and covers a very high-demand niche with potential in years to come, once .ASIA has established itself.

I have also listed HOTELSERVICES.asia & ASONTV.asia - offers should be just around the corner.

Anybody else starting to receive offers for thier best .asia domains?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
only one offer i got was

$80 for portfolios.asia

which was rejected by me

•••
Nice name. You did well to reject the offer.

Offers will be inevitably be low to start with. But, as with all other ccTLDs, they will increase with time. If .ASIA establishes itself as a prime extension within the next 2-3 years, offers and demand for key names will increase dramatically.

•••
I rejected a mid xxx offer for forexnews ,asia.

•••
A great forex-related domain for the Asian markets > Forex News . Asia

If demand for key asia domains increases after the 60-day period, this domain could be worth low $x,xxx in the not-too-distant future! Well done for registering this domain covering a hot niche.

•••
Federer said:
A great forex-related domain for the Asian markets > Forex News . Asia

If demand for key asia domains increases after the 60-day period, this domain could be worth low $x,xxx in the not-too-distant future! Well done for registering this domain covering a hot niche.

Thank you for your comments on this name. :)

•••
Haven't received any offers yet, but hoping to do alright in the landrush auctions coming up. Also not too concerned yet, still extremely early days. Who knows how much the names could be worth in a couple of years? Sure, they may crash and burn, but i would compare .asia to .eu roughly, so really good ones could go for a bit later down the track.

•••
Hold on to your names ladies and gentlemen

Here are my estimations on a price of an average .asia name purchased during the landrush.

During landrush - $100 (averaging single application names and auctions)
A year from now (May 2009) - $300
2 years from now (May 2010) - $800
3 years from now (May 2011) - $1,500
4 years from now (May 2012) - $3,000
5 years from now (May 2013) - $5,000

It's a 50 fold increase on your investment. You wouldn't be able to get this type of appreciation from your bank, stock market, or a real estate. Hold on to your names ladies and gentlemen if you want to see real payback. Try to develop websites for your .asia domain names. Domain names with traffic and some click revenue will yield a stronger sale price.

•••
I've got 16 ASIA names but haven't received any offers yet. They are all listed on SyedAhmed.com. I am way too busy to develop those and lacking funds to get those developed from someone else. Hope to receive some nice offers for those.

•••
got this one

Got an offer of $80 for HelpCenter.asia

turned it down

•••
xr said:
Here are my estimations on a price of an average .asia name purchased during the landrush.

Care to elaborate the logic?

•••
chenzen said:
Care to elaborate the logic?

I looked at the trends from other TLDs for my estimates

•••
.asia might be different from other TLDs.

•••
Yes, I have to agree with James.

Asia may well be different. We must remember that the word ASIA as an extension can only do wonders for new domain names. Search engines like GOOGLE and YAHOO favour entire keywords that link together nicely. 'Asia' is an extremely popular term (more than Europe) and having it as a 4-character extension will help increase popularity amongst websites and domain names using it's extension name, and even more so for those that have afinity and relations with Asian markets.

.eu > .europe (too long, just not possible).

.asia > ASIA -> It is true that .ASIA is long as an extension... but is also short in terms of all that it englobes. Despite early days, .ASIA auctions finishing with high bids are a good sign for this new extension. Demand is clearly high and will only increase once all the best key-word combinations are truly taken. This will inevitably open a new door of opportunities for those that have carefully selected key domains for investment or development. .ASIA's sweet advantage over .cn / .jp is it's circle of encompass - it englobes many countries and regions in rapid developement stages, especially from a technical and IT point of view.

We can all argue as to how HIGH or LOW this new TLD will reach. Let's just sail patiently towards this undiscovered country that COULD hold treasures for those that just believe and HOLD thier domains in the palm of thier hand.

Last edited:
•••
Federer, dont get me wrong, i hope you are right and .asia does beome a success, but i have to say that IDNs pose a real threat. Lets face it, when ICANN finally releases the IDNs, asian countries in particular will lap it up - who would use .asia anymore? The only use i could see is an english-speaking based company that has/wants an asian presence.

•••
I understand your reasons but IDN's in my belief will not at all affect .ASIA. I still believe that English is here to stay as an indispensable language for intranational communication and/or international communication in many countries in Asia. In Southeast Asia, for example, English is used as an indisputable lingua franca for regional cooperation in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations organization comprising ten states.

All other countries recognize the extraordinary importance of English as a language of wider communication in Asia and of course the world around, and put a redoubled emphasis on English language teaching (ELT). China, a country of about 1.2 billion people, has 300 million students enrolled in the English classrooms. If I recall correctly, Japan has initiated a full-fledged action program to pave the way for improved ELT in five years, with a focus on teaching English in English in primary and secondary schools.

The use of English as an Asian language encourages the teaching and learning of English in Asian contexts. The U.S.A. and the U.K. used to be the places for ambitious students to go to in order to learn English. But now this urge has comparatively weakened. Some Asian countries are added to a list of their destinations. Quite surprising, but true nonetheless.

A key reason, of course, for the use of English as an Asian lingua franca is its use as the world’s lingua franca. Both roles are likely to continue expanding: in the air, by sea, in the media, in telecommunications, and so forth. Asia does, however, differ from other continents in having no large native
English-speaking population base, but at the same time it has had a long acquaintance with English as the key medium of first the British Empire then the United States.

We must all remember that in at least eleven territories (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Singapore, the
Philippines, and Hong Kong), English may not be a mother tongue for more than a tiny minority, but it has long been a key ‘other tongue’ of millions of residents, big firms and multinational enterprises with activites across these territories and nations, as well as overseas. We will soon be confronted with .ASIA progress and evolution as time goes by. It may not do as well as .COM or .NET for sure. But it will surpass .eu and some other good TLDs as well.

Asian nations will continue to value English-speaking websites/domains and this recognition will only increase for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
•••
Nice post. I sure do hope you're right ;)

•••
NOTED.ASIA --> received an offer of $160, rejected!!

•••
i've got some expectations to receive some offers for my .asia names...

•••
Pichichi said:
i've got some expectations to receive some offers for my .asia names...

Me, too. :)

•••
Wow, you have some high hopes here. There is also a chance .ASIA could go the way of a dodo bird like many other extensions.

xr said:

It's a 50 fold increase on your investment. You wouldn't be able to get this type of appreciation from your bank, stock market, or a real estate. Hold on to your names ladies and gentlemen if you want to see real payback. Try to develop websites for your .asia domain names. Domain names with traffic and some click revenue will yield a stronger sale price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back