IT.COM

discuss Are you selling your crypto names in the trend or holding on?

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
With crypto so hot at the moment and the domain names having hefty prices, are you encashing on your crypto domain names or waiting for it as a long term return in a bullish market?

I see crypto experts and ICO kings buying domain names for $10,000 and that is just mere change for them, considering the cash that they have at their disposal.

Are you bullish on crypto names in the long term?

Or are you encashing it now as the trend is up?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't have many crypto domains, since I came really late into the niche. I recently countered a few offers much higher, but could've sold and banked $1k total.

I'm holding on but it sure is a bumpy ride with Crypto right now. I also have a fair amount invested in them but feel confident long term.

•••
•••
NO
My blockchain domain is the one am receiving offer on.

•••
It depends on the size of the offer...yes size matters. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Drop some so I can sweep some.

•••
Sell some and buy some better ones then hold till $xx,xxx offers come in!

•••
I am holding all of my coin domains, because I believe they are of great quality regardless of what is trending. Might be a longer hold than anticipated based on the $20k run-up, but either way I'm fine holding onto them :)

•••
Ironically I was thinking of pushing PlatinumWallet (// dot // com) .. but after the crypto dive last week I'm going to hold it ... obviously I'll sell if I get a good inbound offer though! ;)

I have a handful of nice crypto domains .. but nowhere near enough for me to really panic either way at all!

I'm also falling too much in love with my domain CryptoDisco (also com) .. I'm not even in any crypto but I still want to use the domain somehow! lol

•••
Ironically I was thinking of pushing PlatinumWallet (// dot // com) .. but after the crypto dive last week I'm going to hold it ... obviously I'll sell if I get a good inbound offer though! ;)

I have a handful of nice crypto domains .. but nowhere near enough for me to really panic either way at all!

I'm also falling too much in love with my domain CryptoDisco (also com) .. I'm not even in any crypto but I still want to use the domain somehow! lol

Hahaha. Dangerous thing. Falling is love with your domains can make you let go of some awesome deals!!

•••
Sell some and buy some better ones then hold till $xx,xxx offers come in!

That's the strategy I believe.

NO
My blockchain domain is the one am receiving offer on.

Okay. Glad to know that.

I don't have many crypto domains, since I came really late into the niche. I recently countered a few offers much higher, but could've sold and banked $1k total.

I'm holding on but it sure is a bumpy ride with Crypto right now. I also have a fair amount invested in them but feel confident long term.
That's the attitude you need to have with crypto.

•••
I have them at fixed prices, so I sell if I sell, so to speak.

I have "only" sold one bitcoin domain this year, so far...

Last edited:
•••
I sold all crypto, coin, wallet, etc. names I had too early/for too low prices, mid $XXX to low $XXXX (I set BIN prior to the bitcoin price increasing, and they sold quickly when bitcoin took off - I didn't recognize the pattern until most had sold so I didn't think of increasing BINs).

I then bought a few more decent names in auction when it was still possible to get them for low $XXX. Sold nearly all of those for $XXXX before prices crashed.

Have a blockhain name in escrow at Afternic for $3700 right now. Once that closes I probably just have 1-3 crypto/blockchain related names left, so I've sold nearly everything I have in this category, and prior to the recent price decreases (not that I know how/if it will affect demand for such names). So no long term holding for me in this niche, and I am not planning on buying any more crypto names in auction at current (crazy) reseller prices.

Last edited:
•••
Well im holding onto mine because i only have a couple. I have 1 crypto name and 2 bitcoin names.

However based on pure speculation i probably got 10 iota names

•••
If an offer is made that piques our interest, we'll sell. :)

•••
If an offer is made that piques our interest, we'll sell. :)

Same. If anybody makes an offer on mine id probably sell

•••
I am holding all of my coin domains, because I believe they are of great quality regardless of what is trending. Might be a longer hold than anticipated based on the $20k run-up, but either way I'm fine holding onto them :)

nice.. are you getting offers? care to share couple top ones of those? cheers

•••
holding a few - dropped some that were rubbish, but should have kept them seeing the market right now! Still could have made some money.

waiting for ripple to go big, which it will. Saw some stats on payment transaction times on currencies....

BTC upto 60 mins
XRP 6 seconds

Owner (keyword)coinbank dot com

•••
Iam Holding ALL my Crypto, Bitcoin, Coins domains for long term or High Offers only...
The endusers are now realizing they must Buy our crypto related domains because there are No good domains left for reg fee! LOL
Domainers take Over all the good crypto names!! So the big pocket buyers must pay BIG PRICES now! hehehe

•••
Ive sold 6 crypto/coin domains and reinvested in better crypto domains.

Just acquired a new one today after selling 2 coin names.

Happy doing it this way, sell weaker ones and invest in better!

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Which is better Bc or Btc

•••
Ive sold 6 crypto/coin domains and reinvested in better crypto domains.

Just acquired a new one today after selling 2 coin names.

Happy doing it this way, sell weaker ones and invest in better!

Cheers
You are on a roll

•••
some action on my best info doamins:

cardano.........info........450

cryptobank.......info...... $250

sedo offrs
countered both

Last edited:
•••
some action on my best info doamins:

cardano.........info........450