IT.COM

discuss Trend catch: Riding the crypto wave with domain names?

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello all..

While looking at some of the appraisals and the domain names that people have booked recently seeing the hype and trend in the crypto world, I would say that if the names are not that premium, it is better to place them on Make Offer and park it with platforms like Sedo.

Being a part of a domaining group where there are several foresighted members who got some excellent crypto names even before the crypto hype, and now getting good offers and sales on those names, I personally think that these kind of names are hit and miss when you are late to the party.

While your names may not be premium, these are the kind of names which are like brandables. You need to expose them to the common public for them to look into it, see if they could use it, and if they have pockets deep enough(which people in crypto world now have after crypto currencies move upwards), they may be willing to buy those names.

But for that, you would need to make them visible.

Your thoughts on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I arrived late to the party and without a crypto related name in my portfolio.

In the past 30+ days have searched high and low and far and wide to acquire what I consider to be 30 reasonable-ish crypto-related domain names.

And off to Sedo most went, to be parked while I determine a fair market value price range for each of the recent reg names.

I am a simple overall Buy Now kinda seller, however, with all these new domain names and the dynamics and volatility of the crypto related market I have 'em all at " make offer" for the time being.

That platform will provide a public exposure to the names and almost all the names get daily traffic.

About half are in king, some are .org and a few are lesser known or appreciated extensions.

But traffic still arrives daily to all of the extensions.

In spring I may consider showcasing some names and will also have better comps to work with.

So I am in concurrence with your premise.

•••
I don't see cryptocurrency as a trend that come and disappear quickly like any other niche. It's an economic shift/solution that has come to stay.So , With a moderate budget, one can still get some good names at reseller prices.it's better than never. HOLDL your names and wait for reasonable offers. My 2cents

Last edited:
•••
I don't see cryptocurrency as a trend that come and disappear quickly like any other niche. It's an economic shift/solution that has come to stay.So , With a moderate budget, one can still get some good names at reseller prices.it's better than never. HOLDL your names and wait for reasonable offers. My 2cents

Many people think it is a flash in the pan and even laughing at core crypto investors... but we shall see what become of everyone in coming months...

•••
I'm very far from crypto currency, and I don't have any of them.
When I register Crypto.Life and Coin.Life I didn't even think about it...
because "Crypto" it's not only "crypto money" and not only "blockchain".

All these technologies will completely change the world and our life and will remain here.

Last edited:
•••
I have over 1140+ all .com BTC, Bitcoin and Crypto names. All were hand-registered. A few sales should take care of the reg fees and I can wait for the appreciation (or perhaps, a huge portfolio sale). My other names are ETF and Finance .com names. A LOT of late nights these past 6 months.

•••
Dont get carried away with crypto names unless you get quality names which you will have to pay decent for...don't go hand-regging random names, it doesn't work like that and you will get stuck with all these renewals. Cryptoworld.com for instance, which just sold for $195k, was registered in 2004.

The bubble will burst pretty soon, so dont go a crypto frenzy

•••
I'll list at Sedo, Afternic etc... but I'll never point the domains there or anywhere that hides buyer information Sedo, Afternic, Undeveloped etc... as 90%+ of all of my sales since 2003 have come direct to my own sales landers. Commission free sales saves a lot of money and blind negotiations suck compared to having buyer name, email, phone ip etc... Markets do nothing to promote your domains your just sending your domain traffic to them where they can increase their end user base for free or find another domainers domains to buy or one from the markets personal portfolio as Sedo, Afternic, DomainNameSales etc... have their own portfolios to sell. Eliminate the middleman and create your future instead of building someone else's profits with your domain traffic.

•••
Dont get carried away with crypto names unless you get quality names which you will have to pay decent for...don't go hand-regging random names, it doesn't work like that and you will get stuck with all these renewals. Cryptoworld.com for instance, which just sold for $195k, was registered in 2004.

The bubble will burst pretty soon, so dont go a crypto frenzy

he's right

treat crypto/block names the same way you would investing in coins - keep it to a small percentage of your overall portfolio

•••
You will find it hard to think of a good unregistered name in the crypto world, unless you try for a new ICO, but that is going to be a big gamble. However, there are some useful names that drop as domainers get fed up with waiting for developments.. I picked up RMGblockchain.com just after the Royal Mint announced that they had laid the genesis block for their physical trading blockchain product "Royal Mint Gold". The Royal Mint owns 5.4% of the global gold bullion market, so they should be able to create a viable product.

•••
I've only bought 2 names, one crypto coin related, one crypto token related. But I think these two quite good. Not buying anymore till these sell. I don't see how this crypto coin concept can ever disappear, its just gotten to big and is sprouting more legs everyday.

Last edited:
•••
I have over 1140+ all .com BTC, Bitcoin and Crypto names. All were hand-registered. A few sales should take care of the reg fees and I can wait for the appreciation (or perhaps, a huge portfolio sale). My other names are ETF and Finance .com names. A LOT of late nights these past 6 months.

You might be sitting on a gold mine!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back