Dynadot

Are you a MILLIONAIRE???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
So what's the score friends?

Surely, you are in it to win it as Producer Michael likes to say.

Don't know who that is? He's on the yousetubeesss!!!

Have you ever sat down and taken stock of how many domains you own and how much you're willing to let them go for? So if you assume an average sale price spread over all your domain holdings, and being somewhat conservative, does it make you a MILLIONAIRE???

Or maybe you are already a millionaire?

Time to retire!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
An investor can theoretically put together a simple table where one column is the price tier, another column is the number of domains priced at that price tier (or domains one would be willing to sell at that price point) and another column which is the product of the other two columns. Add up the totals and many domain investors would arrive at a six or seven figure number portfolio valuation. However, most of the world sees little need for domains and it is unlikely most investors will sell a meaningful portion of their portfolio at their desired price point. When renewal costs are factored in, reality is much different than the portfolio value table one might calculate in their dreams.

•••
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

•••
The secret to sucess is to DO, not TRY.

Or as Al Pacino says...first you get the money. Then you get the power. And after you have the money and power...You Get The WOMAN.

Most Men do it backwards and end up miserable.

I agree, the secret is to DO things ... so first thing one should do in their millionaire status chasing is to have a link to their domain portfolio visible in their signature .. just imo :)

•••
I think of my domain selling much like a person that sells at a flea market on weekends, I work a full time job of 40hrs a week, i have other investments, Land, I raise and sell Pygmy Goats, i am vested in a few websites, and domain names, straight selling domain names by far brings in least revenue per year as opposed to the rest, that is why i consider myself a domain name Collector - Hobbyist when it comes to straight out selling domain names. I get many many many offers monthly that i turn down for my domain names.

But, i can say this, it was the sale of domain names that afforded me to start my family business in the musical instrument business, so domaining in essence lead me to higher grounds, It was NamePros that made it all happen essentually, i truly believe that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Point being, you can leverage other business opportunities from domaining by investing your domain profits elsewhere, all why continuing to enjoy the great domain name industry daily.

Last edited:
•••
So you are saying you only have confidence that 1% of your domains will sell? Awfully low.

I peg mine at 10%.

selling 10% of a complete large portfolio is no problem for most usually, selling 10% per year is of some power seller status IMO. I am swinging a 3.355% of my complete portfolio in sales, and that far up from years ago when i was selling 1.2% a year which equals to paying renewal fees and maybe a beer or two

however there are many here that i would assume do fairly to pretty well on a yearly basis as far as income vs investment vs losses

Last edited:
•••
Yep, I'm. I try to sell my domains a MILLION times and still have no success.

The secret to sucess is to DO, not TRY.

Or as Al Pacino says...first you get the money. Then you get the power. And after you have the money and power...You Get The WOMAN.

Most Men do it backwards and end up miserable.

•••
So you are saying you only have confidence that 1% of your domains will sell? Awfully low.

I peg mine at 10%.

•••
•••
•••
Yep, I'm. I try to sell my domains a MILLION times and still have no success.

•••
The monetary value of everything lies in "what you can get for it" and this applies to art and collectibles, as well as domains, real estate, stocks, bonds, as well as anything else.

•••
AAhhh..the ole show me your wee wee trick.

Sorry I am not into that.
Oh ok so you just flap your mouth off with nothing to back it. Gotcha. Dam, sucks I'm allergic to cats. Else I'd help feed more of your pointless threads.

•••
Oh ok so you just flap your mouth off with nothing to back it. Gotcha. Dam, sucks I'm allergic to cats. Else I'd help feed more of your pointless threads.

I'm allergic only to nice black cats

•••
On paper, it is easy to get to value of $1mm. Buy GD valuations, my portfolio is worth 6mm, by my own pricing over 8mm.

But, the assets are highly illiquid with average expected hold time measured in decades, so if you need cash right away, you would sell for small fraction. On top of it the assets come with huge annual liability for holding them in the form of renewals.

upload_2020-1-26_0-30-32.png

•••
The key is PATIENCE.

Eventually, when the world comes knocking at your doors, you have em by the BALLS!!

Pay me. Sh*t Up and PAY ME!

Again, bide your time.

•••
•••
Lol friends. Your allergies and hate will not keep the CAT down!!!

Remember stay positive. Believe in the law of attraction. Karma.

If anything...the pet industry is in the BILLIONS.

Buy pet domains.

•••

I peg mine at 10%.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-give-up-i-am-done.1171457/

Domaining has not turned out to but what I thought it would. One or two sales a year is not gonna enough to feed the cats. The meow meow. Loves em.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-am-back.1174269

Tired of sales in the $10K range.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/be-smart-make-the-right-moves-dont-be-fooled.1174180/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/billion-dollar-company-wants-my-domain.1170424/

It seems like the majority of your threads are just some variation of attention seeking or trolling.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
interesting.. i checked my portfolio with liquid values.
if i will liquidate my domains then my domains worth def in low six figures..
still far from million :)

•••
I already had a $1,000,000 portfolio value (BB appraisal & Published). Real sales were 1-2% of it, meaning something between 10k-20k/year with a total renewal cost of around $3,200 for 350 names. Brandable names are mostly not «liquid», but could be a good market long range if you let it go on cruise control and ready to pay for renewals. It is a good and huge market somewhat diluted now for small players.

So, I think the most you get closer to liquid names with a real generic end user value, the better chance you have to get close to that million $ of asset under YOUR management.

It is not a game of :
  • What you think it's worth.
  • Automatic appraisal apps.
  • What you want nor deserve.

BEING OBJECTIVE..!

The game plan is to be and stay as objective as possible and don't fall in love with crappy stuff. Buy, sell and get profitable 100% of the time. Build real value..! We are as domainer the «Real Estate» of internet. We buy and sell «virtual land». Be attractive!
  • Direct traffic potential attraction
  • Simple, easy, short and meaningful names
  • Generic enduser market brings competition (supply & demand)
  • Rare & unique but valuable and attractive
  • Aesthetic domain
  • Find the right buyer
  • Be patient

Work and keep learning, the market is alive and moving but not stupid.

•••
I'm a thousandaire - how many thousands I can't reveal.

Last edited:
•••
•••
So what's the score friends?

Surely, you are in it to win it as Producer Michael likes to say.

Don't know who that is? He's on the yousetubeesss!!!

Have you ever sat down and taken stock of how many domains you own and how much you're willing to let them go for? So if you assume an average sale price spread over all your domain holdings, and being somewhat conservative, does it make you a MILLIONAIRE???

Or maybe you are already a millionaire?

Time to retire!

The one thing I can share is, having been in business for myself for the last 50 years is that I've made millions and I've lost millions. My wife of 49 years has custody of most of our assets to include a home we built in 1977, and made several additions. I have very little in my name...my choice besides a little over a thousand .com domains registered at Go Daddy and Epik, and valued at a little over 1.3M.

I saw a huge opportunity when I learned about the domain industry two years ago, and while I've attracted a number of critics, I also have my fair share of allies. A new business model I'm developing is a result of my Pastor's comment Sunday, "True Wealth is what you Give Away". I can't tell you much more about it, but sufficeth to say, I'm planning on becoming a Domain Philanthropist in 2020. Some of my thinking and mindset comes from another industry that I worked in for 25 years, and that is, the majority of people are honest, and will do the right thing.

Finally, although not everyone agrees with me, I see domaining as a game, and as such I think it's made for
.tv for which I own the perfect domain. I'll leave you with this; "Smile for No Good Reason:xf.smile:"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back